RMMV Archtross: (subtitle still undecided)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking great! The art is amazing!

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you!
I do hope the look of the visuals continues to impress, it is time constraining working on these graphics to separate them from the RPG Maker default look.

===SOME UPDATES===

• New party member in the works "Vincent" Caporegime of the Axle crew working for the VKF crime family he's a large fat middle aged man who prefers to use his trusted submachine gun in fire fights. There is little frames left to add but there are some fixes to be made to his leg animations.
  • Gun smoke is now added with flashes from weaponry. This makes visuals more appealing.
  • Quest formula is now under works, I have some great ideas on how to set these up so that the player cannot get lost or confused. I have mission icons in the works for the city map and plans to implement a quest journal to help along the way. I still intend to keep saving restrictions in place reserved for your safe house but I am considering checkpoint save options from quest givers.
  • New Pistol - the "Sting Compact" is currently the 3rd tier pistol available on the first island of the game.
  • Melee/Bash/Pistol whip is now being implemented as a weapon skill which allows your party member to strike foes with the weapon itself, stun de-buffs can be applied if successful but at a chance of lowering your defenses since this requires leaving cover.
  • Dialogue prefixes with the help of the YEP message core has made conversation organization a heap easier allowing me to set colours and icons etc to characters associated with factions-careers and other.
  • Recruiting although mentioned previously- it's still being experimented on. These expendable troops will offer there services in battle for a fee- Once they are dead they can only be recruited from your own turf establishments.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
===SMALL UPDATE===

1. New enemies created- Banished MC Enforcers.SV_Banished_MC_Enforcer.pngSV_Banished_MC_Enforcer_SMG.png
  2. Hover cycles now a thing! !$Biker.png These currently are only spotted as traffic alongside cars in the game map, currently only seen on one area but soon to be just as populated.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated the very first Post featuring some updated screenshots and a few features, I'm still in the progress to updating it even more so.

Will have some new updates soon!

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New enemy additions. These are all fully animated and made based of a standard set up allowing me to make multible versions of the same enemy type. You may notice some enemies look alike but this is just adding to variety instead of simple recolours/Hue changes.

Some Arachin Family Mobsters wielding J00ZIS's and flashy pinstripe suits/jackets.
G1.png
Spiablo Hoodlums armed with Blok20's J00ZI's and Bustah Shotguns+Police Folding stocks.
g3.png
Volkorik Syndicate/Voltor Mafia armed with Cossack 74U's
G2.png

And lastly for now; Generic Street Criminals including a new Elydian.
g4.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates:

Preloader plugin now installed, all files are loaded prior game boot up to improve game optimization.
Obvious improvements such as lag between map transitions. sound track delays etc.
This includes are cool loading screen!
Untitled.png

Added boats:
While vehicles are glitchy with naval transportation they are currently reserved for cinematic/mission based use.Untitlede.png

A new enemy and backgrounds have been made!
Untitled.png

And Some bonus title screen artwork!
Mobster.pngCar.pngVincent.png

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
you mentioned a diverse cast of alien inhabitants. Can you actually play as some of those aliens, or is it just humans?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Originally I wanted to make the main character subject to character creation but I decided to make him human. It was a decision I made due to the complications that it would made and how I changed the story around.

There is still however a variety of alien inhabitants some of which are planned party members.
Currently 4 dominant races exist while there are plans to make some other minor races.

So far I have down:
  • Humans Human.png
  • Elyidan Elyidan.png
  • Arachin Arachin.png
  • Voltorian Voltorian.png
There is concept art I have made of other races in possible works.
6.png13.png

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Honestly, the Voltorians are the only current race that even remotely interest me. The second one is just space elves the third one... some guy in one of those weird monochrome full body tracksuits? Maybe it's Spider-Man or Deadpool mass-produced their costumes to people? Those two planned races look kind of cool, though.

honestly, the less human something looks, the more likely I am to want to play as it. I know I say this a lot, but I miss when games having non-human protagonists were common.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That being said, the antagonist gangs are primarily Voltorian and Arachin so there will be a large presence of them, Humans not so much considering the gang your party is affiliated with made up mostly of them. I won't give away to much about the Elydian gang but they have alot of back history as a people against Voltorians who's Empire essentially decimated them making them refugees.

I do like the idea of character creation, I'm a fan of it myself when concerning playing RPG games but in effect using RPG Maker it is possible but establishing those changes in the story and amongst the characters who in turn actually have some kind of interaction with it is alot of work considering the graphics I have to make and the little time/programming etc.

A diverse cast of characters with there own racial traits/stats will be a thing, don't worry I'll definitely be making the character roster appealing.

Concerning the graphics/implementing the planned added aliens it's going to be alot of work considering battler graphics, mugshots and over world character sprites. Each pedestrian for example has 8 sheets with 8 character sets splitting 4 pages for male and female genders. It's amazing I have even gotten this far throughout the frustration I've encountered along the way.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hearing the less human characters are going to be the bad guys honestly is a turn off. if I want to like the main heroes, then I need to know that the humans are not just fighting purely for other humans, and I am counting the Space elves as human. Putting pointy ears on a human doesn't make them a different species. I need to know that other species are considered in their cause, and that good guy humans and good non humans will work together to make a better tomorrow for multiple races and not just humans. Having human protagonists that only care about humans just examplifies something I try immerse myself in media to get away from, especially when a lot of media portrays all non-human lfr, and even the concept of caring for life other than humans, as evil.

I'm not trying to dictate the game, I'm just trying to make a suggestion. you're welcome to do whatever you want with your game, I'm just saying what would make me personally more interested.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You have to understand that this is an RPG about criminal gang power struggles with alien races that have a bad history with each other in the most morally deprived city in outer space.
There are currently a total of 8 major gangs some are racially dominated by a single race.

Just because Humans aren't playing part of major antagonists doesn't mean there isn't going to be any antagonist humans. The VKF outfit which the player is aligned with for example is already subject to an internal power struggle but that will be discovered when I finally release a playable version whether it's a demo or a full game.

It's up to you whether you would be interested or not.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You have to understand that this is an RPG about criminal gang power struggles with alien races that have a bad history with each other in the most morally deprived city in outer space.
There are currently a total of 8 major gangs some are racially dominated by a single race.

Just because Humans aren't playing part of major antagonists doesn't mean there isn't going to be any antagonist humans. The VKF outfit which the player is aligned with for example is already subject to an internal power struggle but that will be discovered when I finally release a playable version whether it's a demo or a full game.

It's up to you whether you would be interested or not.
Whether there are any bad humans is not what I care about. Whether there are any good nonhumans is what I care about. I feel like I'm probably just pestering you at this point, so I will stop if you want me to. mostly just wanted to say mostly just wanted to say that I would rather have non-human good guys but no human villains then human villains but no nonhuman goodguys.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I got no problem with you asking questions, I'm just a little confused about what you're trying to get at.
There is good and bad in all of the races at present.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I got no problem with you asking questions, I'm just a little confused about what you're trying to get at.
There is good and bad in all of the races at present.
I apologyize. I really shouldn't act that way. It's kind of complicated why I have the opinions I do.

I am slightly interested in how the rodents are going to act and be treated. It might just be because my persona is a highly evolved sewer rat.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
does this have a demo?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No it's fine, I'm not offended.
As for the rodent concept- it's a possible collective of characters, not sure what I'd use them for though but maybe a couple of comical swindlers or scavengers which is very rodent-like.

As for a demo, currently not at this stage though I am hoping to make one soon given the free time since the Corona virus situation which has caused lock-down here in Australia.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New Elydian SMG wielding Punk.

These thugs you're likely to encounter after hitting a few levels/completing missions.
Although only equipted with a lvl.1 tier smg (Spray9) they can deal consistent damage in large uncontrolled bursts.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gifezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gifezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New car graphics are being made. There are plans for more to be made and each gang will have there own gang vehicle aswell, these two in particular are Gang cars for the Volkorik Syndicate and the Arachin Families.

carz.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello and I hope you all had a wonderful Easter despite how drastically some of our lives have changed.

I'm currently trying to resolve an issue regarding the player vehicle/map room mechanic which hopefully I can resolve soon.

In the meantime I felt like doing some world building again and have made a drastically more impressive Night club tile set. Here's a video with the full effects in use!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!
On a scale of one to I just drew a pineapple with hairy legs how bored are you today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanzx