RMMV Archtross: (subtitle still undecided)

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The project is still under construction but i've had to force a hiatus due to grieving, I've sadly had to put my Border Collie down because of a tumor and it's left me depressed and naturally that's effecting my motivation for the time being.

I haven't done much to the project besides a new tileset featuring a stripclub which is one of the fronts for the VKF family, I felt like featuring this because I want to let you folks know that it's still being worked on but RL comes first for me.

The Badaboom.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Working on construction site tiles.

gyprock.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm very pleased to announce that I will be using TheUnProPro reflection plugin which has made reflections on puddles and water terrain look amazing! Archtross is a city that suffers alot of wet weather and often the streets are found with puddles.
Reflectio screencap.pngReflectio screencap2.pngReflectio screencap4.pngReflectio screencap3.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New Graphics have been added.
This is the current list of completed side view enemy role call except the vehicles which are quite large to throw in the sheet.
New Side View.png

Some Overworld sprites made which will also serve as a sculpture for future over world sprites.
New Overworld.png

And a battle background for one of the night clubs.BlueMoon Interior.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Making slow progress on some new enemy and face graphics, it's been a difficult last couple of months with IRL stuff so here is a few samples.

aszFsdfg.png
aszFs.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New side view battler almost completed!

Wielding an assault rifle this sophisticated killer will be encountered as either ally or enemy depending on how the story plays out.
suit dash.gif

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Work in progress "Black Market" that deals in firearms, here you will mostly do business by selling weaponry dropped from enemies and raiding there turf. There will be side jobs that unlock rare content.blackmarket.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

This took me quite a while to make but I have an almost completed subway system going. When areas become unlocked the subway will act as quick passage to these regions for a fee.

The subway so far routinely drops off passengers who seek the exit, some of them are in a hurry.
What else needs to be done is how purchasing passage is handled, battle backgrounds and subway sound effects. I also attempted to have random boarding passengers but that is at this stage really difficult to do.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates and notes:

• Garrison Plaza now has been updated to support a subway entrance.
  • Map function is being reviewed due to some unexplained glitch where initially it was working and now it doesn't follow commands rendering the player being perminately invisible and unable to open menus or return to rooms.
  • Item Icons are under consideration to being redone without the stock MV coloured square boarders.
  • Story is still something I want to work on as the game's lore is established I'm trying to piece how to introduce the player to how it all fits.
  • Added new NPCs such as girls with excessive texting habbits, news paper reading businessmen etc.
  • Battle damage numbers/text has been modified with a plugin that looks nicer and shows off the animation on enemy/party members better.
  • Added Taxis that transport players to key locations charging a fee.
Screenshots to come soon!

Quimey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I freaking love the look of this game so far! Sprites and tiles are very original! Keep it up!

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you, I'm actually working on a new Party member who acts like an ingame tutorial on how the crime life works, unfortunately I'm running into a looping problem with the animating plugin.
stance.gifRunner.gifRappid Fire.gif

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Visual updates and battler previews!

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATES:
  • Fixed some enemy sprite sheets that had some misplaced pixels overlapping other poses primarily on the Voltoric Maniac, some other sprite sheets need tinkering to correct familiar issues.
  • Remade some Voltor and human overworld character sprites which look alot better.
  • Currently tinkering with certain skills with the help of a member on the forum- HumanNinjaToo
  • Purchased a tileset kit from Winlu's Cyberpunk tileset, initially i hesitated on it's style blending with my own and MV's modified RTP graphics and with some experiementing I found that they work well together and have created some nice looking rooms.
  • Safehouse has been updated with the new tilesets repalcing the bland grey disgusting dump it once was.
  • Added a new room in preparation for an underground augmentation lab where the player can aquire upgrades,implants and new skills.
  • Added new artwork featuring "Liz" a character you meet at some point in the game.

Liz.png
aug2.pngaug.png

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Preview of a semi-animated cinematic experiment, writting is very basic at the moment as this is just a test run but so far I'm liking this and intend to make these occur usually when a new key character is introduced.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Further animation tests are proving to be very effective, just a sample test of two characters present with there idle animation.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATES

• Map feature is now repaired and working as intended- now that is fixed missions can be made easier to complete when locating objectives. Huge thanks to Shaz for fixing the vehicle entry/prevention plugin which makes this function possible.
  • Tilesets have been updated with a few extra additions.
  • Gunstore has been updated to look more futuristic.
  • Voltorian overworld character sprites have been updated.
  • New weapon sound effects added (all sound and music is intended to be switched to origional sound effects when proper releases are made)
  • New enemies and weapons added.
  • Body drop sound effect added to fallen enemies (Hoping to eventually get multible sound effects working at random)
New artwork featuring "Cuts" A war veteran of the Voltor Empire and now hired gun:
Cuts.png

Note that Cut's isn't intended as a playable Party member and is solely displayed in this video for testing purposes.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates thus far 26/09/2020

• New skills added.
  • New item/skill/status icon graphics
  • New enemies added and many more in progress.
  • Fixed a few auto tilesets that were incorrectly placed.
Some new videos displaying new enemies in the works.

It's been a difficult year for me and often times when I have spare time to work on this project I usually have no steam in me or creative drive so I apologize in advance for not releasing a playable demo at this point. I will be moving onto story as soon as I have a few more visuals made up and soon I will be looking into music, so far I do have a few paid music that I could use but at this stage I am still deciding on it.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
NEW UPDATES!

• Almost all Icons have been updated to part ways from the RPG Maker default graphics
  • New enemies have been added.
  • New Tilesets have been purchased and modded to fit the game's style.
  • Skills have been updated with some numerous touches made to there motions.
  • New party member has been created and fully animated.
  • Yanfly plugins have been installed to change up the battle screen's visuals.
Gnarl, thew party member
Untidfhdhfhdftled.png

Police copter in the works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...
People2_1 added! ( with alternative hairstyle )

Hey there fellow makers!

just looking for an excuse to post this, really... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuxRae