Arc's RPG Maker MV Generator Upgrade!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by arcthemonkey, Oct 29, 2015.

1. arcthemonkey

arcthemonkey Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dank Memes
    Hi everyone, I'm arcthemonkey. This is probably my first post here. Some of you probably know who I am, anyway, and for those of you who don't - I come bearing gifts!

Last Update: NOV 02 2015

Update Notes Super: I went back did the work to make the Female tab backwards compatible - that means there is only one package for the main upgrade now! This single download will add the male parts to the female tab and the female parts to the male tab without renaming/rewriting any of the original files! Note that I was having weird issues with female beards crashing the game, so I pulled them out and will work on them for future releases.

Super v2: I apparently left the Female body files in the Male Variation and Face folders, making it look like you could use the female bodies when you actually still can't. I have removed them and updated the package!

Credits/Usage Notes: This is currently 100% RPG Maker MV RTP content, and therefore requires a valid RPG Maker MV License. I did not create this content, so I do not require credit, but I did work really hard on it, so please don't distribute these to other sites without my permission. I prefer a link back to this page. I also look pretty good in special thanks sections. Enjoy!

So, let's be honest with ourselves here: RPG Maker MV's character generator is pretty much the greatest thing since chili cheese fries. But it's missing something...

Oh yeah, just about frikkin everything!

My biggest issue with it is that it's stingy with what parts you are allowed to use for a particular gender - and I say, "Hey, why can't my dashing hero have a lovely spring bonnet?!"

The worst thing is, everything in the character maker is designed to work together regardless of gender - so things like the noses and eyes and mouths and the frikkin' headset that it decides only female characters can have actually work perfectly on an otherwise male character.

So I fixed it. Look how fabulous you can be!
    [​IMG]

These are all randomly generated!

Okay, yes, those are silly examples (Actually, the last guy is amazing, but whatever), so here is the whole reason I did this:

[​IMG]

I wanted to give the player a choice between a male and a female hero, but it's pretty much impossible to create a male and a female character who are twins, because for some reason they decided that the female noses and mouths and eyes are too female? Seriously, everything but the hair in this generator is mutually exclusive based on gender.

The solution?

Arc's Generator Upgrade!

New: Click here to download the super pack!

The only thing not touched by this is the clothes and body files. The difference between the female and male bodies in the Face generator is that the man has a wide neck, and the difference in the sideview battlers is mostly boobs. The reason I didn't include the clothes is because the female clothes simply don't fit the male body/neck. The inverse is also true. Maybe someday I will try to fix this, but the fact is that every Male clothing option has a pretty close female counterpart. Some of the facial markings and accessories that have been ported over also don't line up quite right, because some of the side-view poses move facial elements up or down depending on the gender. I will fix this in a future release.

Update 11/01/2015 -
    -Parts One and Two have been combined into a single Super Pack, because I have re-done the female side to be backwards compatible. You can now install the entire generator upgrade without overwriting any of the RTP files!
    -This pack definitely fixes the missing Male Nose and Male Eyebrows. And gives them to the women-folk, too.

How to "Install":
    PLEASE BACKUP YOUR GENERATOR FOLDER BEFORE MAKING ANY MODIFICATIONS TO IT - I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THIS TOTALLY FUBARS YOUR PC

Super Pack: In the downloaded zip, find the folder called "Generator". You need to copy this folder on top of the Generator folder in your RPG Maker MV program directory - note that this upgrade affects RPG Maker MV itself, not a specific project! Any updates to RPG Maker MV may break or delete this pack (I will try to keep on top of that, so let me know!)

Your RPG Maker MV directory should be in a location not unlike this one (Windows 7):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RPG Maker MV

Arc's Generator Upgrade Super Pack should not overwrite anything, so only allow the folders to merge!

Restart MV, and voila! You should have all the goods!

Another important note: Because MV's generator parts have to be numbered sequentially without any breaks in the numerical sequence, Arc's Generator Upgrade is not compatible with any other Generator add-ons without modification. If you try to copy it with another add-on in place, it will likely ask if you want to overwrite the files previously added. I can't fix this for you, sorry! You can either rename some of the files already there or some of the files in my back and go from there, or, if you help me get permission, I may be able to add any stuff that is causing issues to my pack for future use.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    Gemma Joe, Ashley110, Warost and 28 others like this.
  2. Ras101

Ras101 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for this omg

And yes, the bit about the headset being female only got me scratching my head as well. Like what? Same for pretty much all the headgear, I don't really understand why they would be gender-specific when they clearly aren't!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    FroggyGames likes this.
  3. MintDrop

MintDrop Villager Member

This is awesome! I think I may wait until you've added some other stuff, but great job on doing what you've already done! 

4. DavidFoxfire

DavidFoxfire Veteran Veteran

I always adjust the file names of new Generator material that I wish to keep.

5. Rexxon

Rexxon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    When I make a copy of the default generator and try to overwrite with your files for the first pack, I get a duplicate copy msg with the TVD folder, accessory p05. It looks like the default has a headband, and yours has a sweatdrop?

I thought I would let you know. Thank you so much for your work.

6. arcthemonkey

First Language:
    Dank Memes
    Rexxon, thank you! I hadn't noticed that! I figure out what the issue was (Accessory 5 should have been 11) and I fixed it. I also realized I failed to actually include the renumbered female eyes in Part One, so I fixed that as well.

v2 is out and I have updated the links.

Next on my agenda:

1. Find out if it's actually impossible to break the numerical sequence of the objects. Yes, it really is.
    2. Add no-eyes/no-ears/no-nose/no-mouth/no-pupils options.
    3. Redo the female generator parts to retain their original numbering, and let me combine the two parts into one.
    4. Female beards.
    5. Makeup?!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    DoctorMolotov likes this.
  7. DoctorMolotov

DoctorMolotov Adrenochrome... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Suggestion: monocles, sunglasses, or visors?

Looks great! Keep it up!

8. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for putting so much work into this!

9. arcthemonkey

First Language:
    Dank Memes
    That's a great idea! I'll see what I can do with my limited art skills ;) I'd love to be able to add some more options in here.

Just a quick update: since I won't have it finished today due to Halloween festivities: I am working on rebuilding the female side so that this won't break saved characters and such, and I'm about 50% finished. I intend to release it tomorrow night sometime, and this will let me release both sides as one file, so that's pretty great. Tomorrow's release will also include the No-Mouth/No-Nose/No-Eyes/No-Ears options.

I also added the beards to the female side under the Accessory A category for tomorrow's release, but I think in the next release I'll also have them added to accessory B and the facial marking groups, just for added flexibility for your bearded women.

The next release (after tomorrow) will also include my best attempt at some makeup options, so look forward to that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  10. MutationIvori

MutationIvori Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Heyo~!
    I wanted to alert you, since I did some edits to make accessories and other parts gender-equal myself... The sideview battlers are not equal!

Particuarly the kneeling/aflicted/sleeping sprites.

The girls 'kneel' lower, so things like the X-scar will go over their eyes. While with guys you'll have to move the headset up a little in those sprites.
    Buuut~! Thanks for your hard work!

11. arcthemonkey

First Language:
    Dank Memes
    You know, I did notice that they kneel a little lower (like 2 pixels), but I hadn't noticed that being noticeable in the finished product. I'll look at it and see what I can correct

12. arcthemonkey

First Language:
    Dank Memes
    Alright, all you amazing people out there! I just updated the original post to bring you my latest update: The Super Pack! I have renamed the female side so that the upgrade can be downloaded as a single file and installed without replacing any RTP files! Note that, for some reason, the beards were crashing RMMV when I tried to add them to Females as accessories, so I need to fiddle with this a little.

Coming Next:

1. Find out if it's actually impossible to break the numerical sequence of the objects.  Yes, it really is. :(
    2. Add no-eyes/no-ears/no-nose/no-mouth/no-pupils options.
    3. Redo the female generator parts to retain their original numbering, and let me combine the two parts into one.
    4. Female beards.
    5. Makeup?!
    6. Add new versions of some of the female eyes to reduce the eye-lashiness.
    7. Adjust some of the face markings and accessories that have been gender-ported to better fit the battlers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    kaukusaki, Tuomo L and terwilliker like this.
  13. Krad1213

Krad1213 Laughin-Prince Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there anyway to edit the current sprites?

14. Yurash

Yurash Crazy Cat Lady :P Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much for this! I was going to undertake this challenge myself but I'm so glad I found this post because (lo and behold) I messed up >.> And some of the files went wrong so I have been scouring the interwebs for the default generator files so I could correct it and fix my mistake but I couldn't, until now XD You've practically saved my life! XD

Note To Self: BACK UP THINGS! >.<

(PTF-ing so I can be alerted when it's updated XD)

Crescent07 likes this.
  15. kingkoopa300

kingkoopa300 Sprite Farmer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey the RPG maker default Generator just got a huge update had to delete your parts cause the new update... This is obsolete now just wanna let you know.. Yay lot's of new quality stuff i would love to reorganizes everything myself but i don't got the time in the middle of working on my game when this update happen, You're already in my credits so update your Generator, so i can continue to have unisex generator... Godspeed lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  16. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dont know if someone already request it before, but i suggest you to make a RXGE pack for Schlangan's RPG Maker MV Extended Generator (link below):

Its still a beta tool, but already is far more complete than the standard Generator.

Thank you in advance!

17. Articuano

Articuano Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Can I use this in a commercial game

18. NekroG

NekroG Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The Zip is broken :(

The Zip Seems damaged now... :(

19. Volimance

Volimance Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for adding this to the site and for sharing with us all!

20. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am getting a couple of bugs with this .. One of the male glasses is drawing twice on different parts of the face. The male blush is accompanied by a white patch for no reason.