Clackwork

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a really stupid question, but I have a dumb syntax error about a JSON's position 2 and I was wondering: is that horizontal or vertical?

Like for example:

AB
CD

In this thing, would C be position two, or would B be position 2?

Thanks in advance.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The position is the byte within the file. How that's displayed depends on what editor you're using to view the JSON, but typically we read from left to right then downwards, so your example would be:

There are editors intended for JSON that will give you search commands to go to the specific position indicated by the error message. Or just double check the string you're feeding into it, that you don't have an extra quote or something else not allowed by the standard.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can also screenshot your json file to see where it went wrong,
or what you miss, as well for the function you use.

it can help narrow down the issue for you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the exact error? There are some common ones, especially if you're using plugins.

My initial guess, without having any more information, is that you've made a mistake in a notebox somewhere.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tamexe