Clackwork

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a really stupid question, but I have a dumb syntax error about a JSON's position 2 and I was wondering: is that horizontal or vertical?

Like for example:

AB
CD

In this thing, would C be position two, or would B be position 2?

Thanks in advance.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The position is the byte within the file. How that's displayed depends on what editor you're using to view the JSON, but typically we read from left to right then downwards, so your example would be:

There are editors intended for JSON that will give you search commands to go to the specific position indicated by the error message. Or just double check the string you're feeding into it, that you don't have an extra quote or something else not allowed by the standard.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can also screenshot your json file to see where it went wrong,
or what you miss, as well for the function you use.

it can help narrow down the issue for you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the exact error? There are some common ones, especially if you're using plugins.

My initial guess, without having any more information, is that you've made a mistake in a notebox somewhere.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif
I just discovered this game exists; the premise itself is ****ing hilarious. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/kill-it-with-fire
Can't wait for next update! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeldaWolfy