Are Mech Sprites Really That Hard to Find

deathpunk187

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have dug and clawed my way through google as well as here on the forums but I've never found any good mech sprites even when I do when I download and try to use them they end up some how getting cut in half or when I select them for and event graphic it only selects a corner of the sprite but anyways does anyone know where I can find good mech sprites???

TygerBurnz

Crouching Monkey, Hidden Trickster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please be more specific; do you mean  sprites with mechanical style or sprites of a mech or mecha?  Granny's list of futuristic resources might help with the latter. (Sorry, Grannydeb, but I Wasn't certain if you had a version of the list here too.) Also, how big are the images? At least in the older makers, some large  items (such as magitech armor, large trees, and the like) took up more than one square, so you'd have to use more than one event object at a time to depict them; for example the Avadan mech below definitely takes up as much space as several normal sprites combined, though the background also seems to split it up weird when i try to put it in my maker.

Last edited by a moderator:

deathpunk187

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm looking for large robot mechs if you want me to be more specific

TygerBurnz

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

deathpunk187

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know the ogre event graphic they have in the maker

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you use chacters that are larger than the 32x32 characters and/or are individual characters (as the one above), you need to make sure that there is a $ at the beginning of the file name. Even then, only a part of the character will show in the event in the editor, but it will look proper in the game.

TygerBurnz

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, OK. That's useful to know. *Tries it* Yes, that fixed the behavior in the maker. That's only necessary for character sets, not other event or resource types, correct?   And ! turns off transparency and offset?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, that's not quite right.  ! turns off the offset, but it shouldn't turn off transparency.  $ is just the symbol to indicate single character sheets.  You can have a multiple character sheet where the cels are bigger than 32x32, I've done it before.  Putting a $ on it would mess it up.  The program would treat it like a single character.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that's not quite right.  ! turns off the offset, but it shouldn't turn off transparency.  $ is just the symbol to indicate single character sheets.  You can have a multiple character sheet where the cels are bigger than 32x32, I've done it before.  Putting a $ on it would mess it up.  The program would treat it like a single character.
Yes, you are right. I shouldn't have said and/or. It's just rare (in my experience anyway) to see a full character sheet of sprites larger than 32x32, except for maybe different sized people sprites (like Mack sprites for example). But yes, I worded that wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I thought too much about improve mechanic while forget that I actually just want focus on a simple story.
Is there anyone who would like to resize some of sprites I've got and put them into MV sheet? I'm bad at that kind of things. I want to make a game, but I lack in resources and I'm bad at recolouring them, so my only option was to use a sprite maker from one game (Ive got permission to use it) but these are sprites from VX Ace and I only have MV. So, is there anyone interested in helping me?
Wow! This game looks great! Streaming now :D
Working on a system that allows you to define events in an easy to use text file format!!! Would you use such a thing? 0o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hypermear