Are pets, summons etc easier to implement in MV?

Towny

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Or perhaps we do not yet know?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Things like this are pretty much the same on MV as it was on Ace.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Think of MV as a prettier VX Ace in general. Really. It's the same.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Think of MV as a prettier VX Ace in general. Really. It's the same.
Interface wise: Yes. Engine wise: A completely different beast. And to the the OP: Are you having trouble implanting them in Ace? For the most part Pets and summons are pretty easy to use.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Many things that can be done in JavaScript could be done in Ruby, too. For example, name a non-utility plugin they've shown that couldn't have been done in Ruby.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many things that can be done in JavaScript could be done in Ruby, too. For example, name a non-utility plugin they've shown that couldn't have been done in Ruby.
Of course it can, but just imagine the possibilities that can be done in Javascript that can't be done in Ruby. And although the language may be more complex it's more flexible then Ruby.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Summons will not be a part of MV.

Towny

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Interface wise: Yes. Engine wise: A completely different beast. And to the the OP: Are you having trouble implanting them in Ace? For the most part Pets and summons are pretty easy to use.
How would you summon something mid-battle?

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Have an event that adds an actor (the summon/pet) to the party. Remove it when dead or at the end of the battle.

Towny

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Have an event that adds an actor (the summon/pet) to the party. Remove it when dead or at the end of the battle.
I'm not sure why I've had difficulty with it in the past, it was as simple as you made it sound. Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure why I've had difficulty with it in the past, it was as simple as you made it sound. Thanks!
It is as simple as said as long as you use the default battle engine.

The problem is that the summon has to be adapted with all data needed for the battle engine (including data like picture positions, not only RPG data).

And the scripter of summoning scripts never adapt it to every battlescript out there, they usually only adapt to default and perhaps their own battlescripts.

So the problem of mixing summon script and battlescript is a problem of script compatibiliy, not of basic functions - but it's the most extreme form of script compatibility problems that always need a specific patch.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewVegasVaultboy