DJK1NG_Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well one thing about RPG Maker MV games that released. The vast majority of them are Horror games.
Which kinda disappoints me considering the amount of actual RPG decreased drastically from VX Ace.
It seems with MV people are more into making games that aren't RPG but other genres which is fine.
People do love them.

And it's most likely because it's very easy to make a Horror game or any other genre that doesn't require
that much work when it come to the database and mechanics like actual RPG.

Last edited:

hero_buddy

artist and pro cat petter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i feel like horror games made in rpg maker are more popular than the actual rpgs that the engine is actually made for. i was super into them when i was a teenager, and fiddling around with creating my own yume nikki fangame was how i got into rpg maker in the first place. nowadays, though, i just don't really care about them. i'm more into actual rpgs.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes for sure. I was just looking up some yesterday on Steam.

There’s definitely an audience for horror games and even for horror 2D games. But it has to be a good, polished game, of course.

Swagg

Swagg Studios
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes for sure. I was just looking up some yesterday on Steam.

There’s definitely an audience for horror games and even for horror 2D games. But it has to be a good, polished game, of course.

That is true.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
We are in October, we might as well enjoy one more ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracoonix