PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One setting cannot be objectively better or worse than another.

My fav setting is sci-fi setting, but that is pretty niche as far as jRPGs go, and even niche among stuff in general......compared to high fantasy. Even the more popular things with sci-fi elements rely more on its fantasy than the actual sci-fi things, i.e. Star Wars (more fantasy based with some sci-fi aesthetic) is more popular than something much more steeped in the sci-fi stuff (like Star Trek which I prefer over Star Wars). Even then I don't think many things, especially RPGs, do the sci-fi stuff very well, though it's my fav setting.

The point is, just because something is or isn't as popular settings-wise isn't what makes it good. It's up to you to take a setting, whichever you pick, and make something good with it. A setting itself will never exactly sell someone, no matter if its their preferred genre or not. And I'm living proof of that.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor and The Mercenary. FN student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Totally agree Mighty Palm
I believe my idea would be enjoyable
Thanks

HeyItsKidd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are school games boring? No.

Are school games starring a boy with no apparent skills (except for his super secret superpowers) who's followed around by a gaggle of cookie cutter love interests boring? School games where the only on-site medical staff is a secretly-evil doctor who's creepily obsessed with blood and mutilation? Where the Student Council rules over the school like a cross between the mafia and the CIA? Yeah, I'd say so.

The point I'm trying to make is that games set in a highschool aren't inherently dull, but if you stick too close to the common formula, you're probably gonna make a boring game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later", repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambiant23