Are the default assets free for commercial use?

Neiot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is the first time I've ever touched an RPG Maker engine, but I really want to make something! I can make a few of my own sprites, but some of the tilesets are just too juicy. I love them. So, if I were to make my own game at one point, could I edit and keep some of those assets in my game?

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use all assets that come with the purchase of any RPG Maker engine.

Edited and otherwise.

Just make sure to credit kadokawa and gotcha gotcha games in your game somewhere.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What ScorchedGround said. You can even use assets from any RPG Maker in any other RPG Maker game as long as you own both engines.

Neiot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can use all assets that come with the purchase of any RPG Maker engine.

Edited and otherwise.

Just make sure to credit kadokawa and gotcha gotcha games in your game somewhere.
That is awesome, thank you! I want to make my own tilesets, but I am not very artistic, so I'm afraid it'll look bad. I'd love to keep using the default attack animations. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx