Are the some good character cover resources?

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm making my own commercial game recently. But I can not afford to pay for every single character busts. So I was wondering if there are some good busts free to use in the community. I prefer a modern realistic style, just regular people with regular clothing. Nothing too fancy.

When I refer to busts, I mean full or half body pictures of a character, not just the face.

Please let me know if you guys have seen any available, or where is a good place to find some. I am quite new to RPGMV and I fear I'm using ripped-off content or not free to use.

A good bundle for a price would be fine as well, I just can't afford to pay a drawer to draw each one separately for me. thank you

Thank you all, and have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A good bundle for a price would be fine as well, I just can't afford to pay a drawer to draw each one separately for me. thank you

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Thank you.

@Bestboy, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You will need to provide more information - are you using the default characters? Which ones? It might look weird having cover art (what even IS that? title screen?) that doesn't match your map sprites.

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Resource Requests[/move]

[dpost]@Bestboy[/dpost]

You will need to provide more information - are you using the default characters? Which ones? It might look weird having cover art (what even IS that? title screen?) that doesn't match your map sprites.
May I know how to remove the second post?
When saying cover, I mean a half body or full body picture of a character, not just the face. It's of course best if it comes with the sprites included, however if not, I may just try to use something simular.
Thank you!

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

HankB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a program on Steam that lets you create full body characters, like you can choose the hair, the eyes, the nose, clothing, etc. I think it even includes backgrounds. I've never actually used it, so I can't recommend it, but it's free and has a "very positive" rating. Epic Character Generator.

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a program on Steam that lets you create full body characters, like you can choose the hair, the eyes, the nose, clothing, etc. I think it even includes backgrounds. I've never actually used it, so I can't recommend it, but it's free and has a "very positive" rating. Epic Character Generator.
Thank you for letting me know, however I do prefer a Japanese anime style. Thanks again and have a good day!

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
something like this?

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
something like this?
not really I would show images for reference however it is someone else's work, am I allowed to show it if they say it free for use?

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Im not really sure, still haven't bothered to read the rules xD The mods are like hawks tho, they will set us straight :3 Anyway, there arent a whole lot of generators. So just google ''anime character generator'' or whatever is closest to whatever style you want and there are prolly sites with lists :p I personally use Portrait Wizard but dont think thats anime style.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Free to use is one thing, but the OP wants to use them in a commercial game, so would have to be extra careful. If you get resources from here, we like people to actually state whether they can be used commercially or not. Most of what you buy from the store can be, but it's still working looking to see3 if it's specifically stated.

If you find something and it doesn't say one way or the other, see if you can get in touch with the artist and ask them.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hawks I tell ya....Hawks!

Arthran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dunno exactly how many you're looking for, or how much you're willing to spend, but a lot of the DLC packs come with additional character busts. Off the top of my head, Trinity Resource Pack has a decent amount of busts, some of which are in modern clothes. DS+ does as well. There should be others too, just look around on Steam or the Degica shop.

Bestboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dunno exactly how many you're looking for, or how much you're willing to spend, but a lot of the DLC packs come with additional character busts. Off the top of my head, Trinity Resource Pack has a decent amount of busts, some of which are in modern clothes. DS+ does as well. There should be others too, just look around on Steam or the Degica shop.
Hello, is there a way to preview what does the trinity resource pack contains? I would like to confirm it actually has what I need before paying the full price for it.

Or should I refund the DLC if I'm not happy with it? I wonder if refunding is even acceptable for not since it is kinda sketchy for these kinds of DLC materials. People can just copy and paste the files before they refund, which is a real jerk thing to do, but yet seems possible

Last edited:

Arthran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, is there a way to preview what does the trinity resource pack contains? I would like to confirm it actually has what I need before paying the full price for it.

Or should I refund the DLC if I'm not happy with it? I wonder if refunding is even acceptable for not since it is kinda sketchy for these kinds of DLC materials. People can just copy and paste the files before they refund, which is a real jerk thing to do, but yet seems possible
I'm not really sure. Steam does have a refund policy, though you might want to read about it first, because I'm not entirely sure if this situation would be covered by it or not.

But if it helps any, at a glance, it looks like there are around 30ish busts that could be considered modern clothing. Though not all of them are necessarily "regular" clothing, in the sense that they're not wearing normal street clothes, but are rather a bit more specialized (nuns, nurses, maids, secret agent looking dudes, soldiers, high school students in uniform, etc).

Though busts aside, I personally think it's a handy pack to have, because it has tilesets and matching music and battlebacks to cover a lot of different themes. IIRC, there's a Chinese set, a Japanese set, an Arabian set, a dark fantasy set, a regular fantasy set, and a modern set. So it's just kinda hard not to find *something* useful in there. Some of the generator parts and battlers are nice too.

In any case, if you're thinking about getting the pack, I'll mention that it's on sale on Steam right now (for the next 34 hours), if you get the one that says "MV - MV Trinity Resource Pack". There's another that says "MV - MZ Trinity Resource Pack" that is more expensive, even though the content is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddkovi