Romantic Rationalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My two favorite free tilesets for Ace:
Mack's are designed for VX which for some weird reason only allowed one tileset, so it is very packed but limited by necessity. However it still works quite well in Ace. They have a darker, more serious look and feel than Ace's RTP.

I love the art style on Celianna's but they have virtually nothing in the way of dungeons (especially caves). The trees there are great (anyone else here tired of trees two tiles high?)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Thank you.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Nenen

Unproven Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's plenty of great assets! Too many to list them all.
(Though @GrandmaDeb and Emmych valiantly tried, see here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/vx-ace-resource-showcase-directory.19312/
or https://grandmadebslittlebits.wordpress.com/category/rpg-vxace-resources/ )

Some stuff can only be found in other communities, such as https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/forum/198-vx-ace/
to pick just one that I personally drew from.

The older resource restaffs, on this site and others, had a lot of goodies too. (I believe mostly up to the year 2015)

The trick REALLY comes when looking for particulars. (Hence Slimmmeiske2's question)

I'd like to say a few ?corrections? for what others have said.
My two favorite free tilesets for Ace:
Mack's are designed for VX which for some weird reason only allowed one tileset, so it is very packed but limited by necessity. However it still works quite well in Ace. They have a darker, more serious look and feel than Ace's RTP.

I love the art style on Celianna's but they have virtually nothing in the way of dungeons (especially caves). The trees there are great (anyone else here tired of trees two tiles high?)
Mack (now known as RefMap) has a new site up with all his old tiles, as well as a few newer ones here: http://refmap-l.blog.jp/ (just might need to use google translate)

And, Celianna does have some nice free dungeon assets!
(though you're mostly correct, i.e. no caves :p)
You'll just need to put in some work to make it truly compatible with VX ace (since they're parallax)

Nenen

Unproven Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right now, I need Sci-Fi tilesets for a project.
This is certainly one of the more difficult things to obtain, but thankfully we have a lot of people who have helped make this easier.
[The list below is by no means everything, you might have to do your own sleuthing about for finding more, but hopefully it's a good start!]

Word of Warning, some things might have watermarks from photobucket or whatever, so you might need to use something like Gimp or Photoshop to try and fix that...

- First check out both Granny's Lists - Modern and Futuristic Resources and
GrandmaDeb's Modern Exterior tiles (as Sci-fi often uses things that can appear modern as well) She also has quite a few links within both posts to stuff that is certainly Sci-Fi.
- Some stuff from Enterbrain/Tsukuru's Blog
- Also Check out IcyDragon's Modern/Futeristic tiles specifically, the topic also has a handy one-stop download link for the whole thing.
- Lunarea & Celianna's Steampunk tiles can also be used (though they're in parallax format, so some work needed)
- Then Joy's Futuristic Tiles - Spaceship Interior for a nice collection of edits.
- Edit1: Caitlin's Graphical World is a big mixture of stuff, with modern/Sci-Fi/Post-apocalyptic stuff included.
- Edit2: Granny's Little Bits has some more stuff mixed in. (Digging required, also some of the links inside might repeat from the other lists)
- Edit3: How could I forget Pandamaru's VXAce tilesets!

And I forget where I found others...
If I remember where they're from, I'll edit them in here. Sorry.

I've made some edits of Enterbrain/Tsukuru's metal pipes and I hope to make post more sci-fi edits in the future.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.
Sometimes it works out to not do work on my game for a while. I ran through a playtest today and got about a page of things to fix or improve...
I got lot's o balancing to do lol... I think I'll redo my skills for the 3 party members for the 5th time lol. but I need them to be more distinct for balancing the RPS element system since fights are 1 on 1 with tagging.
Our latest Make a Game in MZ Stream is here! Today, we're going to create a complex switch puzzle, where flipping one switch also toggles the switches adjacent to it. Join now to see how it's done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stuffchan