Are there any plugins that allow you to resize the player characters battle sprite?

Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically the sprite is far to small, I want to make it so the sprite appears larger in combat similar to how some plugins scale up sprites on the field.

Rockenberg

Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's this plugin by triacontane can do that. It is in japanese though, but it lets you change the actor/battler's size, altitude, color, n such.

BattlerGraphicExtend.js

I think you have to apply it to a state/item note tag for it to work properly. Not sure if adding it to an actor/battler note tag will work the same, but other than that it's a super useful plugin.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why use a script at all? Why not just use larger battlers directly after resizing them with GIMP or Photoshop or so?

Any plugin zoom will have to use a mathematical resize formula that is automatically worse than the formula used in a dedicated image program. So the quality is automatically worser than using a manually resized battler.

Marmit

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's this plugin by triacontane can do that. It is in japanese though, but it lets you change the actor/battler's size, altitude, color, n such.

I think you have to apply it to a state/item note tag for it to work properly. Not sure if adding it to an actor/battler note tag will work the same, but other than that it's a super useful plugin.
Thanks! I actually did need a program to change the Battler position, mind if I PM you if I have any other questions on the plugin?

why use a script at all? Why not just use larger battlers directly after resizing them with GIMP or Photoshop or so?

Any plugin zoom will have to use a mathematical resize formula that is automatically worse than the formula used in a dedicated image program. So the quality is automatically worser than using a manually resized battler.
Yeah I've realised this, it wasn't working at first so I assumed I couldn't use bigger sprites. I haven't figured out how to add bigger sprites yet but I do know now that it is possible.
(Also sorry to be that person, I'm just a freak about grammar, but worser isn't a word, since worse means more bad than something, it doesn't have a scale like New, Newer, Newest, since worse and worser would mean the same thing.)

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I've realised this, it wasn't working at first so I assumed I couldn't use bigger sprites. I haven't figured out how to add bigger sprites yet but I do know now that it is possible.
(Also sorry to be that person, I'm just a freak about grammar, but worser isn't a word, since worse means more bad than something, it doesn't have a scale like New, Newer, Newest, since worse and worser would mean the same thing.)
The way to add bigger sprites is by creating the image and importing it into your project. @mlogan has a tutorial/information post here. (Also, don't be sorry to be that person; just don't be that person. :wink:)

Marmit

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way to add bigger sprites is by creating the image and importing it into your project. @mlogan has a tutorial/information post here. (Also, don't be sorry to be that person; just don't be that person. :wink:)
Thanks!

I guess I was a bit rude and out of line, I'm just really passionate about language, not that it excuses it. Thanks for politely calling me out on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Particle waterfall is best waterfall. :LZSexcite:
Yosh! Senkara made a fourth video on my game.
This time, finding all the false endings. :LZScheeze:

P.S, his thumbnails are absolutely epic!
GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ziphon