are there any rpy maker mz courses that actually goes indepth in to JavaScript?

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm more of an artist than a programmer to be honest, while I've looked in to javascript courses on my own, for whatever reason I still don't get how I'm supposed to translate any of that knowledge in to rpg maker, and its making me really frustrated.

I've come to the conclusion that I might actually just be extremely stupid and decided it might be more beneficial looking for help than leanring on my own, so I tried looking online to no avail. It just feels like I'm hitting another brick wall.
If anyone could recommend me some courses, I'd greatly appreciate it! Although I'm also open to people teaching me themselves ( if this garners any interest lol)
Pricing isn't a problem for me, neither is time, Im more than willing put my time and effort for this! Its just that im too stupid to comprehend java script at the moment haha (ーー゛)
Anyhow, thank you so much for reading this and I hope you have a nice day ((´^ω^))

Last edited:

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm more of an artist than a programmer to be honest, while I've looked in to javascript courses on my own, for whatever reason I still don't get how I'm supposed to translate any of that knowledge in to rpg maker, and its making me really frustrated.

I've come to the conclusion that I might actually just be extremely stupid and decided it might be more beneficial looking for help than leanring on my own, so I tried looking online to no avail. It just feels like I'm hitting another brick wall.
If anyone could recommend me some courses, I'd greatly appreciate it! Although I'm also open to people teaching me themselves ( if this garners any interest lol)
Pricing isn't a problem for me, neither is time, Im more than willing put my time and effort for this! Just seems a bit too hard for me(ーー゛)
Anyhow, thank you so much for reading this and I hope you have a nice day ((´^ω^))
@Trihan has tutoring available with his ******* memberships. Possibly a great way to learn exactly what you want.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most javascript tutorials focus on the options needed for a website.
You might be better off looking for a tutorial on HTML5-Game-programming.

neither will give specifics on the RPG-Makers however. And you will find only a limited number of tutorials with the specifics of RMMV/RMMZ because that knowledge had to be learned first by a user to write such a tutorial, there never was an official tutorial for that.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while I've looked in to javascript courses on my own, for whatever reason I still don't get how I'm supposed to translate any of that knowledge in to rpg maker, and its making me really frustrated.
Then you're not sufficiently far along for what you're trying to do. What are you trying to do? If you've done JavaScript tutorials involving variables and functions but you don't understand what you're reading in, say, the damage formula threads, or Trihan's MZ ports of Yanfly's Tips & Tricks, you just need to do more to get more advanced.

If you're trying to look at MZ's code and figure out how to write a plugin to implement a major change to the engine...why? That's advanced coding that you wouldn't be trying to do while you're still completing tutorials.
If anyone could recommend me some courses, I'd greatly appreciate it!
I find the w3schools tutorials are good, just skip the first few chapters that talk specifically about Web pages.
Pricing isn't a problem for me, neither is time, Im more than willing put my time and effort for this! Its just that im too stupid to comprehend java script at the moment haha (ーー゛)
Then...again, what are you trying to accomplish? If pricing isn't a problem and you feel like this is something you can't understand, why wouldn't you just commission a coder to write whatever it is you're trying to achieve?

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well mainly,I like the satisfaction of being able to create and finish a plugin on my own.
It also just makes me feel silly that I'm about to make a game with zero javascropt experience, even if it's a small plugin, I want to at least understand what's going on. Bonus points if I do manage to make one too!
Im aware I can probably commision someone to make one for me, whichi guess I might. But it really takes away the satisfaction of being able to do something, which is a big thing for me.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how much do you know about programming and logic structures as of now?

Learning programming and learning a programming language are two different things. If you already know how a program works, learning another language is much easier as if you have to learn both.

if you have no knowledge about the concepts of programming and how computer logic works, then you'll probably have to spent half a year learning just that before anything else.

and learning how to program is admittedly better done with other languages than javascript - languages that are intended to teach programming as opposed to a language that was developed from the goal of making websites do more than list text.

Reactions: TSR

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ohhh I see, after reading this, I'm considering joining a summer course for learning a language since I have no entirely understood the entire foundation of js yet. However you mentioned there were better languages to learn, what do you mean by that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
However you mentioned there were better languages to learn, what do you mean by that?
each programming language has a purpose, and that means they have different difficulties.
and a language written for teaching beginners is easier to learn than one that is written for another purpose, even if that language cannot be used in RMMV/RMMZ.

For example BASIC was written for use by beginner programmers even if it is almost nowhere in use anymore.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinoy_C