Are there any Tactical Battle Script for VX Ace (besides Ra's and Gubid's)?

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(Edited the threat name)
Hey. I was just curious if there are any script for VX Ace that give it a tactical battle system that has easy configuration. I could only find Ra TBS, but that one was like nearly impossible to download and when I had it the scripts were way too complicated and had like 0 configuration. All others I could find were either taken down, not released or for VX.
Do you know any other ones?

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another one would be Gubid tactical battle system, but it suffers the same problem. So you're out of luck. Besides, you can't put "Tactical" and "Simple" in a single sentence. The odds might increase if you're able to describe what you need so that the script could be made based on your requirement and the config could be easier. However, I don't think anyone would make a script as complicated as a tactical battle system nowadays, especially in Ace.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I thought there were a few, albeit some still in development stages. I also saw one on a JP rpg maker script site for VX Ace (and MV) but I don't know how/if that functions.

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm just searching for one that has good configuration. In Ra TBS I needed 20 minutes just to find the part where I can rename "HP" and "MP".
I think GTBS would be good, but for VX Ace I could only find a version in 3D.
Or one that just takes place on a battle background, so only the battles get different. That would be even better.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is not how you do game making. Scripts are mostly done so that they satisfy every request possible, and that costs a simple configuration to do so. It wasn't made specifically for you and your need for a simple configuration. If you want it a simple configuration, you still need to describe what you need. So it tailored towards your favor.

Unfortunately, what you're asking is like "make a game for me pls, make the configuration as simple as possible, I don't care what it is". Yet, we don't know what you need. Even if the script is made based on how we think it's simple, you probably asked more "Hey, can you add this?"

And I've said the alternative would be GubiD. Or, ask someone to make it for you (with a cost of $$).

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That was absolutely not what I was saying but ok.
I was just asking if you know a script that has configuration like: Unit_HP_Text = ""
or for a status menu Show_Parameters = 0, 1, etc.

Or if you know one in which the battles take place on a normal battle background and not a map like in this concept I already mentioned.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Or if you know one in which the battles take place on a normal battle background and not a map like in this concept I already mentioned.
That is called Grid Battle System (and no, this script is not yet completed and by no means, simple).

That was absolutely not what I was saying but ok.
I was just asking if you know a script that has configuration like: Unit_HP_Text = ""
or for a status menu Show_Parameters = 0, 1, etc.
I don't get this, you were asking about tactical battle system but your actual request is to change the game text vocab???

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, thank you. Then I'll search for a Grid Battle System.

And NO! As I said. In Ra TBS things like displaying HP and MP for a unit's info window are set in the script. But not at the top of the script in the config. I had to search in these 2000 lines for the line where the display words for HP and MP are given.
And I also had to find the lines where the parameters for a unit's status are shown, because it doesn't use the normal status menu for that. Do you finally understand what I mean?
I wanted to change some little things but this script doesn't give me that. Also Ra TBS is only in Alpha and it crashes because of, like, everything.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you finally understand what I mean?
No, because in the end, you find what you need to change to accomplish what you need.
"This script sucks because the config is in line 2000, any alternative?" is not a valid request.
What you could do, post the script here, ask for support on how to change a certain aspect of the script. Moving the configuration to the top of the header is an easy thing to do.

What I don't understand is why would you request a whole new system just because you found the setting is in the inconvenient place while it does the job.

Also, Ra TBS is only in Alpha and it crashes because of, like, everything.
If this was the reason, then it's valid. And if you want Grid Battle System, there is a Row Formation script if you don't want map tactical like Gubid. However, I don't know if that even suit your need.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

(The VX Ace Support board is for questions you don't think you'll need a plugin to solve.)

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It wasn't a config. It was just some line where the terms for HP and MP are set. That was what I'm talking about. It had NO config in the first place! At least not in the part where I tried to change things.

And I'm okay with Grid Battle. I'll pick one of these. I just didn't know the name for this kind of battles.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It wasn't a config. It was just some line where the terms for HP and MP are set. That was what I'm talking about. It had NO config in the first place! At least not in the part where I tried to change things.
Again, you could have just asked for support. "Hello, is there any way to change the vocab text of this script?". If you're requesting a whole new script just to have that certain part configurable, then you might as well as describe what you actually want.

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It wasn't just that. I already said, the script had many errors in general, because it never left Alpha. It crashes when I do things like choosing the "Trade" command and then press Enter on an empty cell, and I don't want to rewrite a script or ask someone else to do it.

Last edited:

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm sorry. I should've explained it with screenshots.

Yanntastisch

The yanntastic
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uh. Just realized that this Grid Battle System is still in development. But it seems like it will be finished in near future. Nearer than another 5 years at least.

I was asking for a tactical battle script, because I had an idea for a game I would make once I have time for it some day. Maybe that script will be completed until then (and I would be one of the first who used it). If not, I guess I'll use Ra's TBS and ask for help with it.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uh. Just realized that this Grid Battle System is still in development. But it seems like it will be finished in near future. Nearer than another 5 years at least.

I was asking for a tactical battle script, because I had an idea for a game I would make once I have time for it some day. Maybe that script will be completed until then (and I would be one of the first who used it). If not, I guess I'll use Ra's TBS and ask for help with it.
Do you mean GubID? The website of the creator is down and I think he hasn't posted on this forum for a while. Don't count on it being done anytime soon, if ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha