Are there two sentences in Hime's Battle Reactions script wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Around line 270 to line 280
I feel that "def self.reaction_forced?" is wrong
It should be "def self.action_forced?"
Am I right? Can someone tell me?

@Tsukihime

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If nobody replies, you could try mentioning (@) the author. Tsukihime is on this forum.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please remove the script from your post, and just provide a link to where you originally downloaded it from.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What I can see consists of two elements.
1. He or she neglected the script :p by forgetting to set the name of the aliased method properly. It's inconsistent.
Thus the scripter created a confusion regarding what's the original name of the method, either action_forced? or reaction_forced?
2. Created an alias for a method that never ever calls it. =_= Useless indeed. I guess the scripter just had no morning coffee and missed that detail.

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please remove the script from your post, and just provide a link to where you originally downloaded it from.
Now there is a special situation. The script in my question comes from an open source game
I don’t know why the version of the script seems to be newer than the version on Hime’s official website
The final update date of the script in my question is May 13, 2014
The final update date of the script on the official website is Sep 16, 2013
In this case, if I can't publish the text of the script, what should I do?

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It says November, 2014 though:
1597516915472.png
It's best to use scripts/plugins from the original source.

Last edited:

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It say's November, 2014 though:
View attachment 155372
It's best to use scripts/plugins from the original source.
Wow...The version of script what you posted is newer than mine
Could you tell me where you found this latest(?) version ?

Just found out that I used the version in the demo uncarefully to discuss started from #5
I apologize for the above mistakes.Nevertheless, the problem of #1 still exists.
Can anyone contact Hime? I have no way to contact him/her.

Last edited:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What I can see consists of two elements.
1. He or she neglected the script :p by forgetting to set the name of the aliased method properly. It's inconsistent.
Thus the scripter created a confusion regarding what's the original name of the method, either action_forced? or reaction_forced?
2. Created an alias for a method that never ever calls it. =_= Useless indeed. I guess the scripter just had no morning coffee and missed that detail.
Ya it's probably #2. The rest of the code is using reaction_forced and reaction_processing everywhere.

There was probably an issue with trying to piggyback on the action_forced? logic and then I scrapped it but left in an alias that's now unused.

reaction_forced? is also unused it seems since I never needed it outside of BattleManager.

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ya it's probably #2. The rest of the code is using reaction_forced and reaction_processing everywhere.

There was probably an issue with trying to piggyback on the action_forced? logic and then I scrapped it but left in an alias that's now unused.

reaction_forced? is also unused it seems since I never needed it outside of BattleManager.
First of all, please allow me to apologize, but English is not my native language
My English reading level is not good and I don't quite understand what you are saying
Can you just answer the title question, Thank you!

Are there two sentences in Hime's Battle Reactions script wrong?<----------
That mean An error window will pop up or cause internal operating errors.  |
Yes? or No?--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
First of all... Get the latest version of the script. Usually it'd included fixes that will let it run without crashing your game.

Then read the new script and see if there's anything you still don't understand. It'd make it easier for everyone to help you for we're only getting the latest version of it.

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all... Get the latest version of the script. Usually it'd included fixes that will let it run without crashing your game.

Then read the new script and see if there's anything you still don't understand. It'd make it easier for everyone to help you for we're only getting the latest version of it.
I am using the new one now. But it still doesn't help solve my doubt
The latest version still has the question I asked in #1
Therefore, can someone just type YES or NO only to answer the question in the title?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
First of all, please allow me to apologize, but English is not my native language
My English reading level is not good and I don't quite understand what you are saying
Can you just answer the title question, Thank you!

Are there two sentences in Hime's Battle Reactions script wrong?<----------
That mean An error window will pop up or cause internal operating errors.  |
Yes? or No?--------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you run the game and see if an error window pops up?

That should be a lot faster than asking if it will crash.

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did you run the game and see if an error window pops up?

That should be a lot faster than asking if it will crash.
As I said before, I am not good at English, I don't understand what you said in #8
My question is just asking, did you accidentally write def self.action_forced? as def self.reaction_forced?

I believe everyone knows that if it is a mistake, this will not pop up an error window
It just overwrites the return value of the old method, so @action_forced != nil is changed to @reaction_processing.
This should cause the internal operation to be different without popping up an error window.

Please only use yes or no to answer my question, don't use a paragraph to answer
I just want to get an affirmative answer, please

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Your english is fine. It's coding concepts you don't understand.

Hime is basically saying you can delete these from the script
Code:
alias :th_battle_reactions_action_forced? :action_forced?

def self.reaction_forced?
    @reaction_processing
  end
and there shouldn't be any errors nor changes to the script's functionality.

Looking at the original version of the script (Sep 16, 2013), it was originally action_forced:
Code:
  def self.action_forced?
    th_battle_reactions_action_forced? || @reaction_processing
  end
Jan 22, 2014 is apparently when the change was made to remove dependency on action_forced. There's nothing on the website's comments that indicate the reasoning behind this change. So it's safe to say that it should NOT be action_forced in the latest version of the script.

alexncf125

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your english is fine. It's coding concepts you don't understand.

Hime is basically saying you can delete these from the script
Code:
alias :th_battle_reactions_action_forced? :action_forced?

def self.reaction_forced?
    @reaction_processing
  end
and there shouldn't be any errors nor changes to the script's functionality.

Looking at the original version of the script (Sep 16, 2013), it was originally action_forced:
Code:
  def self.action_forced?
    th_battle_reactions_action_forced? || @reaction_processing
  end
Jan 22, 2014 is apparently when the change was made to remove dependency on action_forced. There's nothing on the website's comments that indicate the reasoning behind this change. So it's safe to say that it should NOT be action_forced in the latest version of the script.
My English is fine? This is an illusion, I just used google's translation function to convert my language to English. For this reason, I have modified the content of the post several times.The purpose is that both of us can understand the question I want to express.

Having finished the digression, let us return to the main topic.
Thank you very much for your answer. Your reply is easier for me to understand.
I now understanded the contents what the author wrote in #8 is expressing
Thank you for unlimited times, Thank you!

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Wow, google has gotten better then. Perhaps you should not put "English" as your First Language for your profile.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

yay my offer is up :) joys
@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grung