DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hey just wanted to ask if these tiles are rips found them online and not sure whether I can use them or not?
viprpgsz1078.png
viprpgsz1523.png

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've seen them i just can't find the credits or whether their rips or not:LZSsad:
it only says the last one is copyright.
@Restart

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I read through it, so once it doesn't state otherwise it's free to use I guess from what I understand.
Guess i can use them and thank you @Restart really appreciate it:MV1:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is not what @Restart said.

Just because you can't find anything stating otherwise, doesn't mean they're free to use. It's not likely that someone is going to post something they shouldn't and then say "oh, you can't actually use this".

If that is a place where anybody can upload resources, then I'd suggest to not use anything you get from there unless it explicitly says it IS free to use, states who the artist is, and indicates the artist is the one who uploaded it, or gave permission for it to be uploaded. I also saw it on several other sites, and any one of them could be the legitimate site where it was originally shared, or perhaps none of them are.

If you don't understand Japanese, ask someone who does. Go to the translation thread and ask there for someone who understands Japanese to check for you.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?posts/1016677/

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
my bad:kaoswt2: ill check the link you sent and do some digging and ask some more questions thanks again:kaojoy:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
now, if you want something with a similar aesthetic, the Liberated Pixel Cup looks pretty similar

OfoUR4p.png

S70ELEX.gif

The original set is actually by @Sharm

There's a considerable amount of it on open game art
https://opengameart.org/content/liberated-pixel-cup-lpc-base-assets-sprites-map-tiles'
https://opengameart.org/content/lpc-plant-repack

Note that this is CC-BY-SA licensed - practically speaking, that means you need to (A) give attribution to the authors, and (B) include the assets in a readable format with your game (along with any changes you made to them, which you agree anyone else can use under the same terms).

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When it comes to RM2000/2003, I wouldn't ever fully rely on any graphical stuff that can be found on the Internet. In an older game of mine, there were loads of rips without me knowing about it. People had to tell me first. This can be very frustrating if you rely on the tilesets to be okay when, in fact, most of them aren't. I recommend looking for tiles created by community members for example here or on RMN.

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Ok I'll check it out and I also need confirmation on some facesets to find out who made them once I'm at work I'll shoot u a pic here@restart
And I knw how it feels had to do that with my last project
EDIT*
Do you guys know the creator for this faceset??
%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%83%99%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88.png
Face002_arb.png

Last edited:

eluukkanen

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
When it comes to RM2000/2003, I wouldn't ever fully rely on any graphical stuff that can be found on the Internet. In an older game of mine, there were loads of rips without me knowing about it. People had to tell me first. This can be very frustrating if you rely on the tilesets to be okay when, in fact, most of them aren't. I recommend looking for tiles created by community members for example here or on RMN.

Very true, you will never know if you don't either make them yourself or be 100% sure if the member you get them from has made them. There are some wonderful ones here on this forum

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
now, if you want something with a similar aesthetic, the Liberated Pixel Cup looks pretty similar

OfoUR4p.png

S70ELEX.gif

The original set is actually by @Sharm

There's a considerable amount of it on open game art
https://opengameart.org/content/liberated-pixel-cup-lpc-base-assets-sprites-map-tiles'
https://opengameart.org/content/lpc-plant-repack

Note that this is CC-BY-SA licensed - practically speaking, that means you need to (A) give attribution to the authors, and (B) include the assets in a readable format with your game (along with any changes you made to them, which you agree anyone else can use under the same terms).
ok is there anyway to edit them into 2k3 format??

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
* Map chip materials include those that are not reproductions of copyright games but that are considered to be
    modifications of RTP and material sites.

* The sample image processed into gif may be different from the original color.

I did some digging and found a site, its a japanese website with a tons(that are not RIPS) of 2003 graphics that was in the site header
here's the link if interested in any of it

Last edited:

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PSA: There is never a situation where TACKING five question marks (or exclamation points) on the end of your question will improve the timeliness OR quality of the responses you receive. All it does is make you look like a dummy, or at worst, a screaming, petulant child.

ONE is the grammatically correct number of question marks to use for ANY question in the English language, no matter how BURNING, even one of such COSMIC IMPORTANCE as "are these rips?", and on the internet, depending on the situation, you can get away with up to ??? w/o looking dumb.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DarkAdria wrote on  Masked 's profile.
Hello, sorry to bother you. I have tried to send you a private message, but it indicates that due to the privacy settings it is not possible.
Some time ago, I finished my project and made a port for Android. Because the original idea was to play the game with a keyboard on PC, playing it with a mouse caused some bugs. (max 420 characters)...
Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...
Today I got my first shot of the COVID vaccine (Sputnik V). I was very worried. I didn't feel the prick at all. I do not observe any side effects yet.
I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoobymcsnack