Are they any alternatives to Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads plugin/addon

Sir_Vinny

Likes making art a little bit too much
Reaction score
First Language
Asian language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty new with RPG Maker MV, so I just wanted to know a free alternative to Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads plugin for lighting stuff (I want to make light emissions). Since I'm a cheapskate. Please do help me, sincerely from a newbie.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there isn't anything with the exact same functionality, but you can get something similar with https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/parallax-utils.103910/

if you want just lighting in general, community lighting is free

Sir_Vinny

Reaction score
First Language
Asian language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there isn't anything with the exact same functionality, but you can get something similar with https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/parallax-utils.103910/

if you want just lighting in general, community lighting is free
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll give it a look and try it out to see if it works!

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMap is pretty much the improved version of Doodads except you have to use it's editor. It not only places images at any pixel coordinate, but also at any Z. Plus it allows for spritesheet animations, collision, a breathing effect, tinting, scaling and opacity. It even allows objects to be tied to switches/variables/JS.... And if that's not good enough, it's also a fantastic parallax plugin. :LZSexcite:

Sir_Vinny

Reaction score
First Language
Asian language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMap is pretty much the improved version of Doodads except you have to use it's editor. It not only places images at any pixel coordinate, but also at any Z. Plus it allows for spritesheet animations, collision, a breathing effect, tinting, scaling and opacity. It even allows objects to be tied to switches/variables/JS.... And if that's not good enough, it's also a fantastic parallax plugin. :LZSexcite:
May I ask a question, will that mean this will be more complicated than the doodads plugin? But I would assume that it will be more rewarding once mastered? I'm just new with this whole shebang

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it more complicated than Doodads? Honestly it depends on how far you go down the rabbit hole with the other QPlugins. QMap itself is actually pretty simple, though some of it's features are tied to QSprite and QMovement. As for it being more rewarding? There's a video in my signature that shows off the most recent maps I made with it. I'll let you decide if that's rewarding or not. :LZSwink:

Sir_Vinny

Reaction score
First Language
Asian language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it more complicated than Doodads? Honestly it depends on how far you go down the rabbit hole with the other QPlugins. QMap itself is actually pretty simple, though some of it's features are tied to QSprite and QMovement. As for it being more rewarding? There's a video in my signature that shows off the most recent maps I made with it. I'll let you decide if that's rewarding or not. :LZSwink:
I see, I shall try do some research and test this out as well, and I will reply to you once I somewhat get the gist of the plugin, thanks for the recommendation!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louarn