Area of Effect Animations (All Enemies) with Side-View Battles

bk1guy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I may be missing something simple here, but if I am I'm obviously not aware. The default 'all enemy' animations (i.e. Thunder All, Ice All, etc.) play over the whole screen regardless of whether the battle mode is standard or side view. In side view battles, it makes it appear as though my party is being hit with the attack as well. Is there a way to shift the animation to the left half of the screen? I know you can make animations for a target instead of the whole screen, but that just replays the same animation on each enemy instead of keeping the nice 'area of effect' effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-bk1guy

Broozer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can, though there might be easier alternatives out there than what I'm about to describe.

Animations work with images per frame, and those images can be set to any X and Y coordinates.
If you would like to use global animations, but only have it to the left side, you'll have to reduce the size of the images (For every image in each animation), and set it's X coordinates closer to the left. (That's either closer to 0, or in a negative number)

Again, there might be an easier way to achieve this, but this is one way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!
I've been busy working on other projects this month so I haven't been able to do much towards finishing the prep work for my RPG, but I did brainstorm some interesting ideas for the game.
redrawing one of three my VNM protags
I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucansan