Area of Effect Animations (All Enemies) with Side-View Battles

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by bk1guy, Nov 9, 2018.

1. bk1guy

bk1guy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I may be missing something simple here, but if I am I'm obviously not aware. The default 'all enemy' animations (i.e. Thunder All, Ice All, etc.) play over the whole screen regardless of whether the battle mode is standard or side view. In side view battles, it makes it appear as though my party is being hit with the attack as well. Is there a way to shift the animation to the left half of the screen? I know you can make animations for a target instead of the whole screen, but that just replays the same animation on each enemy instead of keeping the nice 'area of effect' effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-bk1guy

2. Broozer

Broozer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can, though there might be easier alternatives out there than what I'm about to describe.

Animations work with images per frame, and those images can be set to any X and Y coordinates.
    If you would like to use global animations, but only have it to the left side, you'll have to reduce the size of the images (For every image in each animation), and set it's X coordinates closer to the left. (That's either closer to 0, or in a negative number)

Again, there might be an easier way to achieve this, but this is one way.