Arin

Some happiness we have to let go of.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hi there! I'm your friendly neighbourhood Arin the Eloquent, finally deciding to share some of my most wondrous creations with the community. For a while now (tempted to say about two years), I've been composing and writing music, and now I've decided that it would be a good time to show off what I know and to bedazzle everyone.

I am mainly geared towards classical writing, but have occasionally done requests before from certain members of other sites with VGM influences. Here, in my Music Resource and Request Thread, you can do the same!

If you currently have a non-commercial project that you are using in RPG Maker, and have a topic about your game already set up, I will be more than willing to do a piece for you. Here's the lowdown on how to Request a track from me:

Follow this Template to Request a Track:

Name: The name of your game. This is a must. (NOTE: The name of your GAME, not the name of the music you're getting from me. If you don't have a name for your game, just say "WIP Game".
Length: The length of your track that you want made, in minutes (00:00). This is a must.

Genre: Put your Genre here. This is a must. (NOTE: I absolutely CAN NOT and WILL NOT do any of the following: Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, "Blues", Dubstep, Techno, Trance, Noise, anything like that.)

Orchestration: The type of instruments you want to have in your track. Not absolutely necessary, but it makes it easier for me to have a nice skeleton of what you want, and how I can make it a reality.

Mood: The type of mood for your song to have. Not absolutely necessary, but, again, makes it easier for me as a composer.

Link: The link to your game/project. Obviously. If you don't have a thread for your game, then just give me a brief synopsis.

Loop: Do you want the track to loop or not? Not absolutely necessary, but may cut down on some work.

Not completely filling out a template will result in me skipping your Request until you can finish it. Within 24-72 hours, your Request will be completely finished! If you are unsatisfied with your product, you can always tell me through PM, or you can reach me on Skype (devils.advocate137) in the case that you can't access the site or something. 
If you want to hear any of my previous tracks made, you can always check out my Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/arin-the-eloquent

I do have a bit of nitpicks concerning this thread's etiquette.

1. No Double Requests (meaning, don't request another track before someone else has Requested a Track. For example, ABA is fine, but not AAB. Ninjas and computer issues happen, though, so those are exempt.)
  2. No Requests over five minutes in length (including loops).
  3. I have every right to deny you any service. I am under no one's obligation to release anything to you and have very low tolerance for impatient people. These things take time to master.
  4. If you continually change requests after I have finished your Request several times (saying that it's not good enough or this isn't how I dreamed it would be, etc.), I may no longer accept Requests from you. Time is precious to me, and I don't want to be wasting it changing every little thing to suit your needs.
  5. I appreciate any Critique you may have about my work, but please be respectful about it. I have little threshold for things like flaming, trolling, bashing, etc., in saying that "my work sucks" or "you're terrible". This goes inversely as well; saying in the thread "good music" or "nice work" without any input may deny you Requests in the future.
  6. These tracks may only be used for any RPG Maker platform. Meaning RMXP, RMVX, or RMVXAce.
  7. You may only use these Requests in a non-commercial game/project.
  8. NO REMIXES! No. I won't do it. I'm not going to violate potential copyright laws on a piece of music that should already be popular enough on it's own.
TERMS OF USE:

All of my Requests are released with a Creative Commons, with Attribution (meaning you must give me credit), noncommercial (which is also stated in the OP), and Share Alike (allows you to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs my work (so Creative Commons with Attribution and Non-Commercial)) license.

And that's all! Have fun, campers~

Last edited by a moderator:

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have a nice selection of compositions, excellent works. ^_^

Cr0wx7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I must say, I went to your soundcloud and absolutely loved what you had composed. I hope you keep up the good work I'll be sticking around to hear more c:

Now on to my request input.

Name: WIP Game, though I do plan on adding that and the scrolling story in soon as this first region is done!

Length: 00:45-01:30 nothing to big. Just nice background music c:

Genre: Not sure what category something "foresty" sounding would fall under >.<

Orchestration: Strings, light percussion, and Piano.

Mood: Soft, mellow, and melodic.

Link: Edit(Right after I posted I went into deep research and am now in the progress of setting up a post along with screenshots and soon(hopefully by the end of tomorrow) having a working demo!)

Loop: Absolutely.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I apologize for not being active as much as I have been; I've been under some pressure lately in getting a special music package done. I will, however, get around to doing your Request as soon as possible (EDIT: once you provide me a link with your game), Cr0wx7.

Blade

Slicing~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
What's that, you do music? For free? And you haven't had any requests in a while?

Time to put you to work over something then >:3

Name: WIP Game (I don't intend to really release it, I'm just making it for the fun. I'll share it with you when it's finished as a thank-you :3)

Length: 01:30 ~ 02:30

Genre: Excuse me that I'm terrible with genres, I guess.. Rock?

Orchestration: Percussion drum, Violin, flute.

Mood: Rousing, upbeat.

Link: Synopsis in this Spoiler box :3

A fairly short and simple story that involves a duo of friends investigating the famed 'Dungeon' in their island, to which explorers from all over the world travel. Along the way they meet and recruit other characters, and learn about the manipulation and intrigue involving the dungeon and the island's leaders.
Loop: Yep.

-Usage: First normal battle theme. I want it to get you in the 'fighting' spirit and pump you up to smash some baddies.

Thanks for your time. I really enjoy the music you made, it catches the mood I associate it with quite nicely.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll get started right after I cook up some grub. When I have completed your Request, I will PM you your track. :D

Blade

Slicing~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Merci beaucoup :3

Blade

Slicing~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
What, already done :U? That's surprisingly fast, sweet :3!

Two little things though; First of all the loop isn't optimal, and the 'peak' moment could be a bit more powerful *Hides in corner D:*

Overall good job though, really satisfied with how fast you finished something.

pErijoy

A Sylvan Deity~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's a little request for you. I've listened to some of your works and they sound really well done. I hope you'll be able to help me out with my game  :)

Name: WIP Game, still working on it but I'm sure after a while I'll figure a name out

Length: 1:30-2:30

Genre: I don't know what genre this will fall into but you can say... lullaby-like? If that's a genre  :unsure:   :)

Orchestration: piano, bells (Light and high-pitched.), flute, light percussion

Mood: Mythical, enchanting, serene, magical.

Link: As part of the story-line there are some 'spirits' who live in a mythical forest in which as you, the main character, must explore. This game is based on 'Harvest Moon' a farming and life simulator. The game is generally peaceful and this forest is part of the story line. :D

Loop: Definite yes, thanks.

This music will be used for background music in an enchanting forest, thanks for reading and I hope you'll be able to create another piece of music for my game.

Best of luck  ;)

pErijoy~ 

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pErijoy, your request is done! I had a lot of fun making this track and hope you like it. Take a heart as well. <3

BlackHeart145

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Name: WIP Game (I'm not so good with titles.)

Length: 01:00 ~ 01:30

Genre: Um, classical?

Orchestration: Violin and piano, and some flute.

Mood: Scary and creepy, like the Lavender Town Theme...

Link: Some sort of backstory of how "respawn" works. The player's character's going to die in-game, and it's spririt goes to a certain place where various characters' body are there. The player/spirit can possess one character and will be used to fight enemies like in a random arena. The player's goal is to be the "champion" so that he can be respawned again. (Yeah, that sounds weird.)

Loop: Yes.

Anyway, that idea's so weird that I'm going to start a new forum thread or whatever...
XD

pErijoy

A Sylvan Deity~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! that was REALLY fast!  :)

This is wonderful and will definitely be used in the game. Glad you enjoyed making it  :) . Quick question, is it possible to ask for more requests?

Your music is great to listen to and I would like to use more of your work in the game.  :D

Thanks for the effort and time  ;)

PErijoy~

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You may indeed ask for further requests in the future. At the current moment, however, Blackheart145 requested a track first, so he gets priority. And also, I have my own concerns about wanting to release a commercial package so the next couple of Requests might come a bit slower than usual. I'll still try to get them out as quickly as possible, though.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Sssshhh....I'm allowed to double post :p but don't tell anyone because this is going to be shush-shush, okay? I'm whispering really loudly over the internet. Okay? Okay.)

Blackheart145, your request is also done! I definitely had lots of fun making this one; I love working in Melodic Minor to give songs that creepy and spooky feeling~ <3

Also, I encourage everyone on this thread, if they already have a Request, to get their downloads directly from Soundcloud before I close them. I've also changed my licensing to Creative Commons, with Attribution (meaning you must give me credit), noncommercial (which is also stated in the OP), and Share Alike (allows you to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs my work (so Creative Commons with Attribution and Non-Commercial).) I hope this clears up any questions concerning the ToU of my Requests.

BladesOfGlory

Lord of Cheese
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm... I hate to ask for a request seeing that you're already overworked. But out of curiosity, could you maybe contribute just a tiny-little sample for my project?

Name: WIP game.

Length: 1:15 - 1:30

Genre: I'm not sure if you could do Tropical.

Orchestration: Marimba, Piano, Steel Drums, acoustic guitar.

Mood: Relaxed & Mellow. Like you were taking a vacation on a tropical island.

Link: I just started working on the project. The game has the main character exploring the amazon and must go through some ancient ruins to solve an ancient puzzle. It's sort of like Uncharted but with a 2D rpg engine.

Loop:  Yes

Let me know if you're unable to carry out this request. I can always request something else...

Imemperor

Animaniac
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is still in the planning phrase, so take your time and thanks!

Name: Supersoldier [WIP Title]

Length: 1:00 - 1:30

Genre: Jpop/Rock

Mood: Hotblood awesomeness. From the depths of despair, a superhero emerges!  Standing upon a cliff, staring at his foes, with the rising sun saturating the background. This is his theme song.

Link: Link. I kid, I kid. Still in planning phase

Loop:  Yes

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Name: Legends of Gaia-Sol

Length: 0:45 ~ 1:00ish

Genre: Instrumental? Something like the title music to a final fantasy or diablo game?

Orchestration: Personally, I like the sounds of string instruments and the piano. Feel free to use as you wish though.

Mood: Start off dark slowly working to a more victorious sounding tune, if possible. I want it to be the main/title theme of my game. ^_^

Link: Legends of Gaia-Sol is a Dungeons and Dragons inspired Open World RPG mostly centered around Dungeon Crawling.

Loop: Please, if its not too much of a hassle.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BladesofGlory: Your Request is Done. Check it out here. Enjoy a heart. <3

@imemperor: Your Request is also done. Check it out here. Enjoy a heart for you as well. <3

@TimmytheNerd: I can start on your Request tonight, so don't fret! I'll get around to doing your Request. I've just been very busy lately and I hope you understand. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;
Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 6 Starts NOW! Let's map some caves!
Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavos