Ark of the Arts (Short Music Shop)

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Apologies for the delay everyone, I'm back up and running!

If I've understood correctly, I can come back for a second track.  If that's the case, here is what I would like.

Musical Type: Orchestral

Theme: Rural, quiet

Description: This is for the sort of place that is basically just 3 houses and a cow shed. Not one of those perky, jolly, rural type themes, because it's a place where just a small number of people get on with their lives with little interference from outside.  They keep themselves to themselves and would be quite grateful if you did the same, thank you very much.

Instruments (Optional): Whatever you think would fit

Unwanted Instruments (Optional): n/a

Max Length (Optional):1:30 - 2:00   Exact length to be determined by you so that it loops seamlessly

Limited to wanted instruments?: n/a

Loop?: Yes please

Referrer (Optional)[Archduke

Thank you.

Does this do anything for you?

- Duke

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome back.

That does for me, I really like it.  I think you've got the feel of the place down well.

Thank you very much.

Bernkastelwitch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know I did a request before but do you take seconds from someone who did a previous request?

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If there's a free slot you can come back as many as you want.

- Duke

Last edited by a moderator:

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Musical Type: Orchestral

Theme: Atmospheric, Eerie, Ominous, Dark, Panic

Description: This song will be used for the title screen of a horror game. The song should be very ominous and filled with trepidation. A feel for this song would be like you feel that something terrible is going to happen or someone is coming to get you. Fear of the unexpected. An example would be this song:

A suspenseful, frightening, dark piano melody should play in the background of this song. For example:

(The example of the melody in the video plays at 0:51)

Instruments (Optional): Piano

Unwanted Instruments (Optional): Drums.

Max Length (Optional): 2 minutes

Limited to wanted instruments?: No

Loop?: Yes

Referrer (Optional): Archduke

- Tornado Samurai
Is this any better?
(Click to listen, right-click the link and "Save As..." to download)

- Duke

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is this any better?

(Click to listen, right-click the link and "Save As..." to download)

- Duke
Thanks Archduke! This song is exactly what I wanted! I really like how the eeriness of the song and the frightening melody captures the theme for the game! Thanks! :D

- Tornado Samurai

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Aha! I think if Tornado Samurai is satisfied that means there's a slot empty for another request.  If that is the case, then here I am.

Musical Type: Orchestral
Theme: World map
Description: In one sense this has to be fairly neutral because there will be many different places to visit, each with its own ambiance.  However, as an overall theme, the party is lost.  They haven't got a clue where they are, and being newbies at this they are distinctly not heroic.  On the other hand, this is a beautiful place, almost lyrical in its loveliness - a beauty which can disarm you, and that could be fatal.
Instruments (Optional): Whatever you think would fit
Unwanted Instruments (Optional): n/a
Max Length (Optional):1:30 - 2:00 Can I have that long?  I'm not sure.  Exact length to be determined by you so that it loops seamlessly
Limited to wanted instruments?: n/a
Loop?: Yes please
Referrer (Optional) self referral

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nah, that was only during the promotion.
I worked so hard on those rules that nobody reads. ;~;

- Duke

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, rules are like that.

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow... Now that i look at it, i didn't give you much to go on. Sorry bout that. Im thinking an upbeat song a little bit playful.
I'm having a bit of difficulty with this, do you have any specific examples in mind (2-3?) of what you're looking for?

- Duke

Past Midnight Gaming

The Midnight Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To tell the truth this is all that comes to mind so far:

Hope it helps. 

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to request a SFX for my upcoming project. :D

Theme: Jumpscare, Fright, Horror, Scary
Description: This is a sound effect that occurs when a jumpscare appears. It should be a very short yet loud sound enough to scare someone.
A perfect example of this SE is in this video: [Right at 00:00 - 00:06 or ("1."). And again at 1:00 - 1:04 (".4").|| A sound effect that sounds just like the ones in the video.]

Feel: Startling, Frightening, Loud, Terrifying, Sudden
Max Length: 3 seconds.
Unwanted Sounds(Optional): N/A
Referrer (Optional): N/A 

- Tornado Samurai

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey! New to this whole thing, but your music is amazing!

Ha, just gonna throw my request out there.
I didn't fit the piano in there but here's my attempt. I can add a piano if you really want one. Tell me what you think

And thanks, I'm glad you like my music!

- Duke

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As you may or may not have noticed, a lot of you have waited a long time for your tracks. While this is partially due to time constraints, it is also because I can't really get inspired by the descriptions given a lot of the time and my template wasn't made with my most effective process in mind. Considering all of this, I am going to be changing up what is needed to request music (also read as changing the template).

So instead of you giving me a basic description such as "It's for a battle!," I'd need a more detailed description of the battle, the feeling, the characters (if applicable) and other such information. This doesn't mean I'll require a three-page essay as a description, but as much detail as you can possibly muster would be appreciated and would help me compose your music faster. If you would like, your description can be mostly comprised of imagery of your game (if it's for a game) where the track would be applicable. I feel terrible making anyone wait, but I'd feel worse having to turn someone down after they waited for so long because their description just does not inspire me.

To everyone who's currently waiting, I ask that you re-post your request with the new template (Except for those requesting SFX) and I'll try to have it to you as fast as possible. You've all really already waited long enough...

I apologize for this entire situation, but I do hope I can still compose music for your awesome projects!

- Duke

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Musical Type : Orchestral

Description/Scene:  World Map.  Setting - Fantasy world, but one where life is generally hard for everyone.  The soil is poor, the forests meagre.  And yet with the play of light on mountains, there is an almost lyrical loveliness.  It is lonely, and the long empty distances seem to mock your every attempt to cross them.  There will be enemies to encounter on other maps - here it is almost the place itself which is your enemy.  Distant, unforgiving, one mistake may be one too many.  You are lost, and the world is giving you no clues about where you could go.  Does it care? Not in the slightest! This world has stood there for countless ages without you, it will still be standing when you are gone.

Instruments (Optional): I really don't mind.  I could see this working with a variety of approaches.  Deeper, darker toned instruments for the age of the place, it's indifference to you; something lighter on top for the interplay of sun on rock; something haunting (like oboe maybe?) in the distance to suggest far off places.

Unwanted instruments (Optional): Whatever you think would fit will be fine with me.

Max Length (Optional): If possible around 1:30
Loop? Yes/No: Yes
Referrer (Optional): Self referral

I hope that's the sort of detail you want, but if you need anything else, let me know.

Past Midnight Gaming

The Midnight Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
o_O extra minute of sound?!?! I love it!

Theme: First meeting / New Ally

Description: I want to use it for Main Characters who get scenes of their own 

Instruments (Optional): Ocarina(I love them!) and Drums

Unwanted Instruments (Optional): N/a

Max Length (Optional): whatever feels right 

Limited to wanted instruments?: nope

Loop?: Yes Please!    It doesn't have to loop 

[Referrer (Optional): Archduke

Thank You!!!
 Description: The Main Char has just resolved a problem for a friend freeing them to help them on their quest. A feeling of great Joy and triumph with new paths and opportunities opening. That feeling of being one step closer to winning. 

To tell the truth this is all that comes to mind so far:

Hope it helps. 
Hope that this can insipre you. Good luck!

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Musical Type : Orchestral

Description/Scene:  World Map.  Setting - Fantasy world, but one where life is generally hard for everyone.  The soil is poor, the forests meagre.  And yet with the play of light on mountains, there is an almost lyrical loveliness.  It is lonely, and the long empty distances seem to mock your every attempt to cross them.  There will be enemies to encounter on other maps - here it is almost the place itself which is your enemy.  Distant, unforgiving, one mistake may be one too many.  You are lost, and the world is giving you no clues about where you could go.  Does it care? Not in the slightest! This world has stood there for countless ages without you, it will still be standing when you are gone.

Instruments (Optional): I really don't mind.  I could see this working with a variety of approaches.  Deeper, darker toned instruments for the age of the place, it's indifference to you; something lighter on top for the interplay of sun on rock; something haunting (like oboe maybe?) in the distance to suggest far off places.

Unwanted instruments (Optional): Whatever you think would fit will be fine with me.

Max Length (Optional): If possible around 1:30

Loop? Yes/No: Yes

Referrer (Optional): Self referral

I hope that's the sort of detail you want, but if you need anything else, let me know.
Here you are. Let me know your thoughts!

@Past Midnight Gaming: I do recall saying resubmit your request with the new template, not quote your posts.

- Duke

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And my thoughts are:

A world map theme which avoids the cliches, and does exactly what I want. Yesssssss.  Gimme gimmee

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to request a SFX for my upcoming project. :D

Theme: Jumpscare, Fright, Horror, Scary

Description: This is a sound effect that occurs when a jumpscare appears. It should be a very short yet loud sound enough to scare someone.

A perfect example of this SE is in this video: [Right at 00:00 - 00:06 or ("1."). And again at 1:00 - 1:04 (".4").|| A sound effect that sounds just like the ones in the video.]

Feel: Startling, Frightening, Loud, Terrifying, Sudden

Max Length: 3 seconds.

Unwanted Sounds(Optional): N/A

Referrer (Optional): N/A

- Tornado Samurai
Is this okay?

- Duke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew Resident Evil 2 style lock for my horror game. (Pixels intended)
I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
With all this practice, I'll be hitting competitive in social distancing soon.
Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!
Found this old picture in the plastic case with my medical documents. I don't remember who this character is (I draw a lot of original characters and forgot about them very soon), but I like the design, may be I'll add guy in my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NDumpling