Ark of the Arts (Short Music Shop)

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This jumpscare SFX is okay, but it doesn't have a lot of... power within it. The SFX is sudden indeed, but it seems a bit quiet and less startling compared to the ones in the example video. Can you make the SFX a bit more terrifying, startling, frightening and really loud (enough to startle the player)? 

- Tornado Samurai

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still waiting for everyone to re-post their requests with the new template!

This jumpscare SFX is okay, but it doesn't have a lot of... power within it. The SFX is sudden indeed, but it seems a bit quiet and less startling compared to the ones in the example video. Can you make the SFX a bit more terrifying, startling, frightening and really loud (enough to startle the player)? 

- Tornado Samurai
Is this any better?

- Duke

Golden Unicorn Gaming

Savior of Astoria
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Archduke,

Musical Type: Orchestral
Description/Scene: A young girl assassin is sent into an Orc camp under the cover of darkness and rain to assassinate the five tribal "leaders" (Da biggest Orcs :) , with the hopes that once she succeeds, the tribes will break apart and go their separate ways, allowing the army she is currently with to move forward and not have to deal with these Orcs.  She goes into stealth mode and has to run the gauntlet to reach all the main tents and kill those five orcs inside each of the five separate tents.
Instruments (Optional): Heavy drums
Unwanted Instruments (Optional): Up to you
Max Length (Optional): Up to you
Loop? (Yes/No): If poss, yes, if not, no big deal
File Format (wav, ogg, mp3): mp3 and ogg
Referrer (Optional):

If it makes it easy, exactly what I'm looking for is this...

from 1:47 til the end, without the "singing voice" in the background.  Perfect to set the tone of the scene. 
Luke

Bernkastelwitch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have another song request if its okay.

Musical Type:  Orchestra

Theme: Sinister, Feeling of corruption, Dark, Betrayal, Warped,
Instruments (Optional): Piano: Anything else is fine to go with it. 
Loop?: Yes

Basically a song that gives the sense of a character descending into darkness or being a "Fallen Hero" and the feeling of them betraying the ones they saw as friends. Is that something you can do?

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Basically a song that gives the sense of a character descending into darkness or being a "Fallen Hero" and the feeling of them betraying the ones they saw as friends. Is that something you can do?
Absolutely. Anything's possible with a little effort!

- Duke

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Archduke,

Description/Scene: A young girl assassin is sent into an Orc camp under the cover of darkness and rain to assassinate the five tribal "leaders" (Da biggest Orcs :) , with the hopes that once she succeeds, the tribes will break apart and go their separate ways, allowing the army she is currently with to move forward and not have to deal with these Orcs.  She goes into stealth mode and has to run the gauntlet to reach all the main tents and kill those five orcs inside each of the five separate tents.

Instruments (Optional): Heavy drums

Unwanted Instruments (Optional): Up to you

Max Length (Optional): Up to you

Loop? (Yes/No): If poss, yes, if not, no big deal

File Format (wav, ogg, mp3): mp3 and ogg

Referrer (Optional):

Luke
Is this to your liking?

- Duke

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still waiting for everyone to re-post their requests with the new template!

Is this any better?

- Duke
Sorry, I had written my earlier post wrong.

I meant, can you create a new SFX based on the request, and have these qualities (terrifying, startling, frightening and really loud) within the new version?

- Tornado Samurai

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see there is an empty slot, so I would like to make a request please.

Theme: Creepy, intense

Description: Slightly swampy forest, only a little light filtering down through the heavy canopy of trees.  Ground squelchy underfoot.  Sometimes your footstep releases small pockets of noxious smelling gas.  Vines trail down and brush your head - at least, you hope they are only vines.  It's warm and humid, but you get cold shivers as shifting lights seem to change shadows into something more solid, and then back again.  When you pause you can feel the forest waiting - but for what? Or for whom?  It's holding its breath - why?  Sad little rivulets break through the ground, only to seep back in again within a few feet.  Moss envelopes tree stumps.  No birds, no insects, no animals, just the trees waiting for you to enter their embrace. 
Max length: 1:30, or thereabouts.

Loop? (Yes/No): Yes
Unwanted Sounds: n/a
File Format: ogg
Referrer (Optional): Self

thank you.

Rezanta

Dragon of the Leaves
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Musical Type: Unsure
Description/Scene: A battle in a frozen tundra, during a war of cats. (Ask me if you're wondering)
Instruments (Optional): Synths feel as if they'd fit well in this.
Unwanted Instruments (Optional):
Max Length (Optional)
:
File Format (wav, ogg, mp3): ogg
Referrer (Optional):

I was looking around the forums and stumbled across your workshop, so I decided to post a request. Also, great work on your other music! :D

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see there is an empty slot, so I would like to make a request please.

Theme: Creepy, intense

Description: Slightly swampy forest, only a little light filtering down through the heavy canopy of trees.  Ground squelchy underfoot.  Sometimes your footstep releases small pockets of noxious smelling gas.  Vines trail down and brush your head - at least, you hope they are only vines.  It's warm and humid, but you get cold shivers as shifting lights seem to change shadows into something more solid, and then back again.  When you pause you can feel the forest waiting - but for what? Or for whom?  It's holding its breath - why?  Sad little rivulets break through the ground, only to seep back in again within a few feet.  Moss envelopes tree stumps.  No birds, no insects, no animals, just the trees waiting for you to enter their embrace. 

Max length: 1:30, or thereabouts.

Unwanted Sounds: n/a

File Format: ogg

Referrer (Optional): Self

thank you.
I actually really like how this turned out. But what's important is what you think!

- Duke

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like this a lot.

Thank you very much indeed.  Much appreciated.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just saw your workshop here, very nice! Seen you around the forums on occasion and didn't realize you had such talents. This leads me to a request then since it seems you have a few slots open.

Musical Type: J-Pop

Description/Scene: Title scene, appearance is a cartoonish comic book cover.
Instruments (Optional): Flute, Keyboard, Synthesizer, drum, electric guitar
[Unwanted Instruments (Optional): Nothing super low in tone.
[Max Length (Optional): 1 min
Referrer (Optional): None

Reference for a j-pop song with the feel I'd like:

Not the vocals of course but the lighthearted pop sounds.
Thanks, Duke. :thumbsup-right:

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Musical Type: Main Theme, Sad, emotional, depressing, orchestral
Description/Scene: Appearance scrolls through different playable characters and locations with rain in  background.The theme should reflect the game, which deals heavily with loss. The land is in the worst condition it's been in centuries and and all the heroes have failed.

I want the song to feel powerful and hit the player right in the feels, so that every time they come back to the game it gets them.

​I cant really describe how I want it to sound so I'm going to list emotions should be mixed in. hopeless as if there's nothing you can do, as if there is a constant pressure in your chest. Grief, loss everywhere and nothing you can do about it. (Im sorry if this description sucks i'm not the best at describing things)

Instruments: use whatever you want but I would really like an acoustic guitar in there somewhere
Unwanted Instrument:Anything sci-fi
Max Length: 2:30-3 min (I understand you have that referral thing but I can't imagine this being just a minute long, If I really can't have a 2min track without referring people make it a 1:30 I really need this theme (question, If I refer people after this request is done will you be able to extend the theme?))
File Format:      In Mp3

Loop? (Yes/No)[/b]: Yes

Thanks

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Musical Type: Main Theme, Sad, emotional, depressing, orchestral

Description/Scene: Appearance scrolls through different playable characters and locations with rain in  background.The theme should reflect the game, which deals heavily with loss. The land is in the worst condition it's been in centuries and and all the heroes have failed.

I want the song to feel powerful and hit the player right in the feels, so that every time they come back to the game it gets them.

​I cant really describe how I want it to sound so I'm going to list emotions should be mixed in. hopeless as if there's nothing you can do, as if there is a constant pressure in your chest. Grief, loss everywhere and nothing you can do about it. (Im sorry if this description sucks i'm not the best at describing things)

Instruments: use whatever you want but I would really like an acoustic guitar in there somewhere

Unwanted Instrument:Anything sci-fi

Max Length: 2:30-3 min (I understand you have that referral thing but I can't imagine this being just a minute long, If I really can't have a 2min track without referring people make it a 1:30 I really need this theme (question, If I refer people after this request is done will you be able to extend the theme?))

File Format:      In Mp3

Loop? (Yes/No): Yes

Thanks
If you feel like it absolutely has to be at least two minutes long, I can make an exception just this once.

- Duke

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much Duke, your awsome :D

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Musical Type: Unsure

Description/Scene: A battle in a frozen tundra, during a war of cats. (Ask me if you're wondering)

Instruments (Optional): Synths feel as if they'd fit well in this.

Unwanted Instruments (Optional):

Max Length (Optional):

Referrer (Optional):

I was looking around the forums and stumbled across your workshop, so I decided to post a request. Also, great work on your other music! :D
Does this match what you wanted? Let me know

- Duke

The007who

Call me double 0s
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Music

Description: In game, you would see London in the Industrial Revolution and I would like to have a music while is doing it; I would like it to be a bit sad and calm at the same time

Instruments: Violins but you can add more instruments

Max Length: 1 minute

Loop?: Yes

File Format: MP3 if possible

Thanks in advance

-The007who

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shangri