Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Armor and Item Requirement for Skills
Version: 1.0.0
By Jeneeus Guruman​

Introduction

Allows you to make some skills requires armor types or items use it.

Features

• Making a skill needs to have at least 1 armor type equipped, the same as weapon types for weapons.
  • Making a skill needs to have at all the items in his/her inventory and will either consume those items or not.

Screenshots

Heal cannot be used and needs to have at least 2 Potions.

Now that we have 10 Potions...

Heal is now usable.

And consumes the 2 Potions after use.

Burst cannot be used in battle despite having enough MP and no TP requirement.

But with the use of Burst Ring.

Burst is now usable.

How to Use

Just insert the script above main and below other scripts (including other non-defaults).

Demo

Armor-Item Requirement

Script

Armor-Item Requirement

Known Bugs
None so far.

FAQs
None so far.

Author's Notes

• This script is free to use commercially or not. If commercially, you must credit me. If not, just don't claim this as your own but not crediting me is okay if you don't want to.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It will be better if it shows the requirements. It's a bit odd to be unable to use a skill without knowing why.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Cool! Been wanting this for a while (the Armor thing, didn't even think of the item thing, but it's cool!)

Does anyone else use the weapon icons with that yellow burst effect behind them for weapon techniques? Like sword techniques that require a sword use the sword with the yellow burst icon. Gun techniques that require a gun use the gun with yellow burst icon...So with this...

I'd use the yellow burst icon with say, a helmet in front (just combining two icons) to signify helmet techniques...!

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
It will be better if it shows the requirements. It's a bit odd to be unable to use a skill without knowing why.
Well, I only do the "same as weapons in default" part since you can place the requirement(s) in the skill description. :D

Cool! Been wanting this for a while (the Armor thing, didn't even think of the item thing, but it's cool!)

Does anyone else use the weapon icons with that yellow burst effect behind them for weapon techniques? Like sword techniques that require a sword use the sword with the yellow burst icon. Gun techniques that require a gun use the gun with yellow burst icon...So with this...

I'd use the yellow burst icon with say, a helmet in front (just combining two icons) to signify helmet techniques...!
Thanks, Probo. I hope it will be very useful for you.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah you could do that, though some users might have an already full description box. XD

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could always add different options. That is beneficial to the user. :)

Edenstudent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Armor and Item Requirement for Skills
Version: 1.0.0
By Jeneeus Guruman​

Introduction

Allows you to make some skills requires armor types or items use it.

Features

• Making a skill needs to have at least 1 armor type equipped, the same as weapon types for weapons.
  • Making a skill needs to have at all the items in his/her inventory and will either consume those items or not.

Screenshots

Heal cannot be used and needs to have at least 2 Potions.

Now that we have 10 Potions...

Heal is now usable.

And consumes the 2 Potions after use.

Burst cannot be used in battle despite having enough MP and no TP requirement.

But with the use of Burst Ring.

Burst is now usable.

How to Use

Just insert the script above main and below other scripts (including other non-defaults).

Demo

Armor-Item Requirement

Script

Armor-Item Requirement

Known Bugs
None so far.

FAQs
None so far.

Author's Notes

• This script is free to use commercially or not. If commercially, you must credit me. If not, just don't claim this as your own but not crediting me is okay if you don't want to.

Woah, thank you so much!
This is exactly what I'm looking for!
(working on a game where a type of special "Card arts" requires and consumes specific "card" items upon usage.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_L7