Armor for hot climate

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by DaneReid, Jun 14, 2014.

1. DaneReid

DaneReid Musician Veteran

Hello, how do i make an armor that is needed for hot climate?

For example: the fire tunic in LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Sorry if my explanation sucks lol.

2. CobeSlice

CobeSlice Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First of all, this probably belongs in Requests... but anyway, you're not being clear. Do you simply want to put it in your game as an item that can be equipped, or do you want it to be something that your sprites are seen wearing?

3. DaneReid

DaneReid Musician Veteran

something to be equiped

4. CobeSlice

CobeSlice Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Step 1: Open up the Database.

Step 2: Click the Armor tab

Step 3: Click on Change Maximum

Step 4: Increase the number by however many you want (1, in this case)

Step 5: Find the new blank item slot in the list, and edit the variables on the left for yourself.

5. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm guessing he actually means what are some real-life examples of armor that is for hot climate, so he can like you know.. name and design his in-game version based off of it. There is clothing for hot climate, but yeah, I too don't really know of any actual armor for hot climate. I mean you can always have some light armor with some kind of armor magical enchantment cop-out but that's too obvious.

6. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't think there is a special name. It's just chain mail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
  7. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Is the armor in question meant to be a required item to enter a certain area? Like, "you can't go in there without the proper safety equipment"?

If that's so, create an event Below Player on the spot where you would normally transition from one area to your hot area, with a Player Touch activation. Create a conditional branch checking to see if your player has the heat armor equipped. If they do, then the player can be transferred to the new area. If not, then it triggers whatever dialogue says they can't go there, and maybe set a move route sending the player back a step.

If not, and you do just want to know bout armor, you can check wikipedia or similar about armor worn in medieval Persia, Arabia, India and other hot countries.

Then again, if you're trying to find an armor icon, check the restaff resources, grandma deb's lists or make one of your own by exporting the icon sheet from the resource manager, opening it in paint or photoshop or somesuch, draw one of your own, then re-import the icon sheet back into the resource manager.

CobeSlice likes this.