Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am attempting to create a state that makes my Warrior class less affected by the weight of Plate Armor Type.

Essentially instead of the Plate giving -12 agi, it would give -9

I was hoping there is a way to code a state that checks for either the Armor Type or the Armor id, and then gives +3 agi to the Actor affected by the state.

Thank you in advance.

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use YEP equipment core then use a formula to define the bonus or penalty of agility depending on the armor type.

<Custom Parameters>
agi=?????
</Custom Parameters>

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would actually do it the other way around and have the armor contain the effect, that way it can differentiate between different slots or if you have multiple pieces of Plate armor. As @Nova By Creative Robot suggested, use <Custom Parameters> but you're gonna want to use a conditional statement to check if the wearer is a Warrior or not. If so, AGI = -9, else AGI = -12. 1 way is to give the Warrior a blank passive state just so the Plate armor can check if the wearer has said state as a way to check for "Warrior-ness" via user.isStateAffected(x). Unless there's something that can directly check for class (which I'm sure there is, I just can't remember it atm).

Edit: To directly check for class, I think it's...
JavaScript:
<Custom Parameters>
if (user.currentClass().id = x) {
  agi = -9;
} else {
  agi = -12;
}
</Custom Parameters>
(user.currentClass().name = Warrior) may work as well, idk...

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->
cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rag1993