RMMV Armour showing on player but complicated

petpous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know there is a lot of threads like this but for how I have coded animations in battle it is not as simple as just changing the battler when player is wearing x armour.
So I am using taller battler sprites for my game because I couldn't change the height of the weapons to match I decided to create separate animations for them using weapons. So when a player goes to use a skill using a weapon i use that yanfly plugin that lets you do battle cameras and extra stuff to turn the opacity of the player to 0% and then play the animation image which has their image using the player then I turn opacity back to 100% after
Therefore if I simply change the battler images it will not change those images as they are separate animation images
So if anyone has an idea how I can change those to display armour without making separate skills and animations for each armour that would be useful. It could be a plugin or base game I dont mind

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, you're not going to find a plugin that helps you because I have never heard of anyone taking this approach.

You could use a series of if checks inside the action sequences to check the current armor (or current sprite, whichever) and play the corresponding animation that you have edited to be wearing that armor.

I don't see any way around you making separate animations for each armor graphic, but I don't see why you would make separate skills.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TemplarWarden