RMMV Around me, crimson-stained leaves

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by JapoZero, Jul 7, 2019.

1. JapoZero

JapoZero Building up speed for 12 hours™ Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Around me, crimson-stained leaves.

Synopsis
    "You thought this was a good idea, didn't you?"

Hidden deep in the forest and surrounded by mountains, there seems to be a place called “Crimson Leaves”, described by urban legends as an abandoned town forgotten by time and stained by a tragic past. Though the town’s existence is discussed, this won’t stop a group of five teenagers who want to visit this place and have fun. But what they don’t know is that they’re making a huge mistake: soon, a violent feeling will start to grow in their minds: "No one is to be trusted here."

"Around me, crimson-stained leaves" is a short videogame with horror, suspense, exploration and point&click elements. Shortly after entering the abandoned town of “Crimson Leaves”, the protagonist, Alan, will find himself alone as all of his friends have gone missing. While exploring the place, he will realize that there is something terrible going on, as he meets a strange girl who warns him about the dangers of the town, and shortly afterwards, he witnesses a murder and realizes the lives of everyone are at risk. Will Alan and his friends survive this terrible experience? Is there any way to escape from the town of “Crimson Leaves”?

Game Mechanics/Features:
    • This project was originally made for a short game contest, so it is very linear. The estimated length is approx. one hour, and there is only one ending, but many ways to die.
    • Multiple scenes during the game will require the player to react quickly in order to survive: hiding from a threat, struggling against a character, or controlling the protagonist’s thoughts will be required.
    • Most of the “panic moments” in the game use a mouse system: you’ll have to choose options and click icons or text on the screen, fast and repeatedly in some cases.
    • The game is available in English and Spanish.
    Characters
    Main Characters from "Around me, crimson-stained leaves".
    This story takes place during the first of October of 2015.
    [​IMG]
    Alan Oakley (17 years old / May 5, 1998 / Taurus)
    The protagonist. Reserved and curious, Alan spends most of the time lazing around, lost in his thoughts. He's not a fan of scary stuff, however, the trip to "Crimson Leaves" sounds to him like an opportunity to clear his mind and distract himself.
    [​IMG]
    Rebecca Nichols (17 years old / December 26, 1998 / Capricorn)
    Rebecca is a friendly, confident and relaxed girl who tries to be positive most of the time. Being Lisa's best friend, she doesn't hesitate to accept the invitation to visit "Crimson Leaves", thinking it'll be a fun experience.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa Stevens (18 years old / February 26, 1997 / Pisces)
    An energetic and charismatic girl, lover of horror stories and urban legends. She runs an account on Mylife, one of the biggest social media sites. After reading about "Crimson Leaves" on a weird internet blog, she quickly decides to visit the abandoned town as a way to gain more followers on her account.
    [​IMG]
    Jake Henderson (19 years old / January 30, 1996 / Aquarius)
    He's a fearless, easy-going guy, lover of entertainment, jokes and good times with friends. Though he didn't get the idea of visiting "Crimson Leaves" at first, his girlfriend Lisa convinced him to go. Runs a Mylife account where he uploads most of his life.
    [​IMG]
    Carl Fletcher (17 years old / July 23, 1998 / Leo)
    "Shy and insecure" might be a good way to describe Carl. He's Alan's closest friend, and a well-intentioned person. Though he didn't like the idea of visiting the town of "Crimson Leaves" at first, he thought it would be a good opportunity to spend time with his friends. Loves to play videogames.
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    Title screen.
    [​IMG]
    The arrival.
    [​IMG]
    Exploring the town.
    [​IMG]
    Exploring an abandoned house.
    [​IMG]
    "Deep within the forest, there are souls crying".
    [​IMG]
    "It was not your fault".
    [​IMG]
    Struggle. An aggressive character is trying to kill the protagonist.
    You must click the moving knife repeatedly in order to survive.
    [​IMG]
    Intrusive Thoughts. Is everything seen up to this point real?
    Download Link
    English Version (V1.01 ; June 22, 2019) - Windows.
    https://rpgmaker.net/games/11151/downloads/10700/

Spanish Version (V1.01 ; June 22, 2019) - Windows.
    https://rpgmaker.net/games/11151/downloads/10701/

Estimated Length: 1 hour.
    I hope you enjoy this short project!
    Feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, critique, etc. I appreciate these a lot.

Gianmher, RitualTeeth and Dungeonmind like this.
  2. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool looking project, I’ll probably download it and check it out when I get some time. :)

JapoZero likes this.