Around the Community: We Need Help Highlighting The Coolest Threads

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Touchfuzzy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Over on the blog, we want to start highlighting the coolest threads from around the community. The thing is, there is just SO MUCH stuff to look at.

I know a lot of cool threads, but we're worried that we are missing things that deserve a highlight.

It can be anything, an interesting discussion topic, a project that is really taking off and looks great, a resource shop or showcase, a tutorial. There are so many things that people who don't use the forums are missing. So if you can take the time to help us find the threads that need highlighting, we would greatly appreciate it.

So to participate, just post a thread below, then tell us why you think it is awesome. Maybe pick out a specific piece, or point of view from the post that you think highlights why people should dive into the whole thing. Do not post your own threads. I know that most of you are good, but it just takes a few people abusing this to make it nasty.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

2. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    One of the threads I continue to find absolutely wonderful is Avery's, "What the RTP is missing". While this link is only for the MV edition, she also took the time to compile this list for previous engines, as well:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/what-the-rtp-is-missing-mv-edition.59524/

This thread highlights and fills in the resource "gaps" for items that might be partials in the default set, but were not complete. These are resources that the community has taken upon themselves to create and share with all of us, but are unfortunately scattered throughout time and thread.

From battlers, to tiles and sprites, what Avery has done is put everything into one convenient place, making life easier for all of us, but most especially for those new to the forums.

A project can be stressful enough as it is, and having easy access to resources and information can go a long way toward easing the burden. I, for one, find Avery's thread highly useful, and the fact that she takes the time to continually compile and maintain this should make anyone feel welcome. :)

3. Azmor

Azmor Happy Hobby Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...0-07a-update-on-the-28th-december-2016.56569/

Here we can see Schlangan's post for the extended RM Generator.
    I believe in the sentence "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    The way the original generator is currently working is very slow and time consuming.

Even though I don't really like the interface of this extended version (which needs colorful optimization (!), but is logically structurized & useful) it does help very much to organize your stuff quickly, with a well known drop down folder menu.

It is very helpful for bigger projects & a vast field of resources. - As we all maybe know: If we do not organize our stuff correctly, it will become a mess after a long time. And game development is indeed a long process.

I truly believe that the RM Generator should have been similar to this and that they just did not had the time to work on it properly.

4. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    <Inserts own game's thread here>

xD

6. astra_not

astra_not not astra Veteran

First Language:
    English
  7. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Oh yeah all good treads I already knew or will drink with my eyes after a PyxelEdit fight with a dragon sprite (or my motherboard bios!)

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What about the damage formula pinned threads? I know I started (some of) them on this site, but only because the original creator wasn't around when the forum changed.

It could be pretty handy for facebook users to be aware they exist and contain some pretty nifty stuff.

9. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I see tons of "how do I do this" in regards to Action Sequences using Yanfly's Action Sequences plugins.
    This thread has tons and tons of pages of people posting tips, tricks, and their very own Action Sequences that people could use in their games, or use as references to create their own.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ction-sequence-sharing-and-discussions.46691/

Also, I totally second Shaz's post. I use that thread all the time.

10. Andronius

Andronius Apprentice Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Stanley and Marquise* like this.
  11. EpicFILE

EpicFILE Epic Member Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  12. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
  13. Deletrius

Deletrius Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Yep, I have one
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Shaz, starlight dream and EpicFILE like this.
  14. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  15. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Dreadshadow likes this.
  16. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You didn't?! :o That's like her thing! Well I guess that's why we need the highlight. I certainly thought that Avery's icons were so obvious they didn't need a mention. It's like pointing out that Grandma Deb has resource lists, or that Andar has a new users tutorial, or that Slimm has terms of use translations.

17. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    starlight dream and Marquise* like this.
  18. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Sharm What??? I thought her things were dinosaurs and dragons??!! But true 4 big things and to the newcomers no links LOL

starlight dream likes this.
  19. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well her VX Ace icon set is as huge as a T-Rex so yeah! Dinosaurs are her thing, you are right.

Marquise* likes this.
  20. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    LOL I dunno why I must mix her with someone who made a lot of huge sprite monsters before me. :) I might never ever really realized I mixed up. ^^