alennor

MANIAC PURSUER
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So does anyone have any experience with art site like dA, pixiv,etc...? How about giving me a review on any sites that you guys had join please?

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
If dA means deviantart .... then I can tell you this:

5% awesome artists 

35% furries

10% strange fandoms

40%13 year old wannabe artists that get salty if you give criticism 

5% cool/nice photos

5% WTF is this ?!

I uploaded a bunch of stuff so I know that if it is feedback you want, that is the wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal-Mint

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I mostly just use DeviantArt, and I think it's probably one of the best art sites since it's specifically geared towards artists! Other sites like Twitter/Tumblr aren't, so it might be a bit harder to connect with other artists there. Instagram is good too, but most people prefer sketches and traditional art over finished works/digital art there. Pixiv basically entirely anime art and there are a lot of Japanese (and some Chinese + Korean) artists there, so it's not really the best site if you don't fit into both of those categories because of the language barrier.

Honestly there are pros and cons to every site, so I just recommend trying each of them to find the one you like best!

svarn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Well it depends what are you looking for.

Deviantart: I really like it for browsing artwork, however a lot of professional artists seems to be leaving this site. I like it because it's very approachable since there are artworks of all skill levels. It has all the functions that you could want from an art site (however you'll have to dig throught a lot of crap to find the good stuff).

Artstation and drawcroud: are much more professional sites. However not as interactive as dA.

Pixiv: it's the best option if you are looking for anime styles. Big downside is it's really poor webdesign and majority of site is in japaneese.

Above are strictly browsing art sites, but also a lot of people are using tumblr, twitter and facebook for that purpose.

Crispy-Ghee

The Crispy One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I used to be on deviantART primarily, but about 3 years ago I dropped it because most people that I admired started migrating towards tumblr and instagram. DeviantART has really changed over the years (I joined it in 2003 and stopped using it around 2013), so I can't really give you a scope on that other than it's a good place to browse for art but maybe not a favorite spot for a lot of more well-known artists. Some have grown such a following there that they maintain their galleries, but the amount of really good stuff was in decline the last time I was there. 

Tumblr isn't really built for art (there's some resizing nonsense that can affect how people see your art sometimes!) but the chances of getting seen are a little bit higher than other sites can be as long as you utilize the tagging system. Also it's kind of cool, because you can get people looking at your art who wouldn't necessarily look at it because the reblog feature makes it easy for people to just keep pushing your stuff to more and more people. I've garnered a lot of followers because I drew something, and then someone following me reblogged it, and then some of their followers reblogged it, and so on and so forth. But to be honest, it's not much of a gallery site unless you curate a lot and pick a theme that'll work with it. Some people have made it work. 

Instagram is where a lot more fine artists I know gravitate and you can get people looking at your stuff pretty easily through the right hashtags. Twitter I haven't had much success on but that's a slow build kind of site, unless you do a follow for a follow thing. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JD1969