robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be film, music, literature, anime, manga, whatever...

What is some art that changed your life?

Music wise, Pavement and early Modest Mouse turned me into an indie kid, and then Boards of Canada came along and introduced me to experimental music. I'm not so indie rock anymore, still art house but not indie rock, but yeah that was still one of my biggest life changers.

The original pokemon series, and, as silly as it is, Dragon Ball Z, are responsible for my appreciation of anime, which I have just recently decided to explore further.

And then Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas made me want to be like Hunter S. Thompson. I mean I was already, like, that way. But now I want to be just like Hunter S. Thompson. And an important part of that is me liking 60s psychedelic pop, which makes me feel like a regular hippy, it's become a pretty important part of my personality.

So that's enough about me. What about you?

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are from the same town as my uncle who is actually a very popular canadian musician, and I bet you'd know who it was if all I said was "No time left for you".
That being said, music has always been the art form that hits me the hardest.
Sure movies can be sad and thought provoking, but thats intentional.
To me the beauty of music is its ability to trigger literally any emotions at any time simply by hearing
something you love.

Ebontope

Plays video games too much to be productive.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anime and video games. Arguably for the worst, as well.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are from the same town as my uncle who is actually a very popular canadian musician, and I bet you'd know who it was if all I said was "No time left for you".
That being said, music has always been the art form that hits me the hardest.
Sure movies can be sad and thought provoking, but thats intentional.
To me the beauty of music is its ability to trigger literally any emotions at any time simply by hearing
something you love.
Your uncle is in The Guess Who? That's really awesome. They're great. Which one is your uncle?

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@robhr My uncle is actually Burt lol
Kind of a weird claim to fame, but I'll accept it.
I've never met him though as I've always lived on the west coast :p

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anime and video games. Arguably for the worst, as well.
So basically, you're saying every anime and video game ever destroyed your life. Little extreme, no?

For me, video game/ anime music has turned me into a composer, and old cartoons/anime have made me enjoy drawing. I really enjoy the art style from the Evillious Chronicles, which completely changed my art style to be less... generic, and has in general made me strive to be less generic.

readydotexe

Low class wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Games, and probably the Ace Attorney games, I just love the story of that saga and it introduced me to more story deep games and visual novels, it even made me think for a moment that I wanted to become a lawyer

Ebontope

Plays video games too much to be productive.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see, LOL. Sometimes it's hard to tell if people are joking on here, so I end up getting triggered for nothing. ^^;

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The movies from Terry Gilliam. Principally Brazil.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
FFIV taught me how to read as a kid. So, that's a strong contender. But the most influential art in my life, will have to be when I watched a George Carlin stand up on HBO when I was 12. That guy was ahead of his time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBevy