gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how many of you are already using it but this artbreeder is really helping me with custom assets for my game.

With some patience, it can pretty much generate unlimited custom character sprites, visual novel BGs, faces, etc. With some editing, it's really amazing how much you can do, and I think all art you generate is copyright free.

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hopefully, artbreeder will add VN too in the future, already possible but nobody is focusing in it.
I wish the next RPG maker would come built-in with such a tool.

Last edited:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
AHH! This is so weird. But so good for a migraine day (except the white). I can just clicky and things happen.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're not the only one with a migraine. I had one start yesterday and it's not done yet..... :(

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AHH! This is so weird. But so good for a migraine day (except the white). I can just clicky and things happen.
I think with some practice you can generate high-quality artwork from there, but I think it takes some time to get used to.

It can also be used to automatically color some line-art drawings if you upload as a portrait and add the "art" attribute to it.

Last edited:

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Internal server error whenever I try to log in to it, so guess I won't be trying it tonight.

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Internal server error whenever I try to log in to it, so guess I won't be trying it tonight.
here it's working perfectly, maybe it's your browser? Or you could use a vpn.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here it's working perfectly, maybe it's your browser? Or you could use a vpn.
I ended up getting it working. Needed to create an account manually instead of trying to log in with Google. Oauth is broken on it, but registration is not.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're not the only one with a migraine. I had one start yesterday and it's not done yet..... :(
Booooooo. Mine usually only last a few hours to a day, with the "migraine hangover" the next day. But mine also come with a notable visual aura to warn my that if I don't take appropriate pain killers right away, I will be in for a much bigger world of hurt.

I ended up getting it working. Needed to create an account manually instead of trying to log in with Google. Oauth is broken on it, but registration is not.
Weird, the log in with Google thing worked just fine for me. :o

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most of my migraines have traditionally been mostly visual but the past few years I'm getting more of the headache type and they can last a few days. I'm running over 48 hours on this one so far but it seems to be starting to fade now....

I'm also a human barometer which doesn't help as I tend to get headaches as well as joint aches with pressure changes which is why it's VERY uncomfortable to fly.....

I didn't even try the Google login as I'm very hesitant to use single login for everything. I've been around networks and security for decades. I don't even use the same email address for everything as I have a ton of email addresses at my disposal which helps me track who got their email list hacked if I start getting spam to that particular email address. I have literally hundreds of email addresses filtering into a security service that kills the spam rather nicely :) I also have a quite a few email addresses that I've killed off over the years after all they got was spam.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I logged in with google fine. Interesting site. seems like it'd take a while to make anything decent enough to fit with rm stuff though :D

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uh oh, i'm going to get lost in this thing. thank you for sharing! would never have found this on my own and it's simply wonderful

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been playing around with it, and I still have no idea what I'm doing. The sliders don't seem to do much at all unless you crank them way up, but then everything looks weird; some don't seem to do anything at all. Is this actually creating new art, or is it just selecting from a pool of premade art and altering the contrast and other values?

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been playing around with it, and I still have no idea what I'm doing. The sliders don't seem to do much at all unless you crank them way up, but then everything looks weird; some don't seem to do anything at all. Is this actually creating new art, or is it just selecting from a pool of premade art and altering the contrast and other values?
it creates new art with the power of AI :D, you might want to crossbreed with other art you like too for best results. If they don't do anything I think it's probably because the picture is loading.
My profile pic was created this way btw.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I find to get best results you have to crossbreed with other art, then the sliders can help fine tune it. Also you can get some decent results by telling it to generate children, I find that helps sometimes to shake it up a little as well.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my mistake, there are so many forums it's hard to find the right one xD

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd suggest being a little careful with things like artbreeder. It's theoretically creative commons, but the original material is uploaded by the users and can (and definitely does) include copyrighted art, so it's entirely possible that the final product is recognizable as the original character or drawing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowned_gaming_youtube