gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd suggest being a little careful with things like artbreeder. It's theoretically creative commons, but the original material is uploaded by the users and can (and definitely does) include copyrighted art, so it's entirely possible that the final product is recognizable as the original character or drawing.
It's trained on countless copyrighted art but the end result is generated by artbreeder's AI, the same could be said for any artist. I didn't recognize any obviously copyrighted character so far and I generated at least 5000 pics.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but the end result is generated by artbreeder's AI, the same could be said for any artist.
It doesn't matter, if you can't edit the original material you can't not even using third party apps.
It's a bit shady thing - I mean, it's not a matter of you recognize the character or not, is a matter of having the rights on manipulating the original pic - even if that depict a perfect unknown character.

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't matter, if you can't edit the original material you can't not even using third party apps.
It's a bit shady thing - I mean, it's not a matter of you recognize the character or not, is a matter of having the rights on manipulating the original pic - even if that depict a perfect unknown character.
Artbreeder doesn't edit any original material, when you upload something, it recreates the target picture in their own art style, and it's limited to only 5/month per account, so 99.9% of the art there is completely original.

It never manipulates any original pic, it only uses them to study and improve its art techniques, which all artists also do.

The discussion about the legality of artbreeder/synthetic media has probably already been had many times, e.g here. I 100% agree with the top comment there:
My understanding is that training the program is legally no different than a human looking at other artwork before making their own. No license or permission is required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?
So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcevr