Artist looking to work for you! And expand her portfolio!

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by animesock52, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Visual Development Artist seeks out team!

Hey there humans. That's right I am still lurking around. ​
    I guess in brief form, I am looking to join a major project, or project with a future. The reason I want to do this is to help build my portfolio and experience with working with teams.​

What does that mean?

It means I am looking to work with a team of other creators on a project with a certain goal in quality. This means no fan games...unless its pokemon. 

Will you work for free? 

Yes, but you know if you are also offering pay I wouldn't mind. 

Why are you willing to work for free?

Well its not like I am rolling in money, but now that I am about to graduate in May, I would like to work on a project to put in my portfolio and possibly resume. I may even go to grad school, but I need to learn to work with a team. 

Will you do commercial?

By all means yes. 

What kind of setting are you looking for?

I'm looking to work for a team, and interact with that team. If I just wanted to put out the art then I would continue with commissions, but I am looking for collaborative experience and to possibly have fun along the way. I am also looking for a short project, it needs to take a year at the most to work on. I'm sorry I can't commit to a 5 year project.

What do you want to do?

Well I want to be a Visual Developer, this means I would design things like characters, props, and other pieces. Its very similar to a concept artist except the concepts can directly be used as assets for the game. 

How do you get me to work for your project?

Well, I would like to have the chance to look at different projects to see what I would like to commit to long term. So, this is NOT first come first serve. You can PM or reply to this. However, I need to have a decent amount of info on the project, not just a brief idea.

What pace can we expect? 

Since I am doing this for free and I am still in college, you can expect a slightly slower pace, but we could work on schedules and deadlines. 

Do you have examples of your work? 

Of course :)  Though alot of this is really new, so there is not as much. 

Most of these are from a series/ portfolio I am working on right now for school.

You can also check http://animesock.tumblr.com/

Sorry I made a new deviantart and it doesn't have content right now so thats why its tumblr.

If you are interested please let me know. I hope to be working with some of you very soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shake0615, Plainview, djDarkX and 6 others like this.
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Perhaps I have something as an option - I'm currently in the first planning stages for a free game I want to make in RMMV.

Development will probably be rather slow, so there is no problem if you do something else as primary project.

It's setting is a rather special fantasy world that I've worked at for about twenty years or so, but most of the material is in German and needs to be translated.

I can probably send you a few links and a better description in a week or two.

3. Czar of Games

Czar of Games Beta Tester Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That one picture looks like Sebastian from Black Butler. Nice

4. cosmickitty

cosmickitty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    love the blue hair highlights :)

5. holydeva

holydeva Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    i am interested

6. animesock52

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Czar of Games, He is slightly inspired by Sebastian, which is what I was going for. Awesome for catching that!

@Cosmickitty, thanks ^-^

7. Artificer

Artificer Creator of worlds Veteran

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pretty cool stuff, i would love to work with you in a project.

8. Cjdgame

Cjdgame The Azure Falcon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I need someone of your skill level and am willing to try and pay reasonably. I need busts for characters because I'm trying to get away from just editing then one's that came with the game. I sent you a message, please respond if interested. 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. Lars Ulrika

Lars Ulrika I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have a project on the wheels for some time already and intend to finish it in less than a year. I sent you a private message regarding it. I really hope we could do some nice team work together on it :) !!

10. Kinchen

Kinchen Kween Member

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Are you still open?  :)   B)

11. JokerBen

JokerBen Ben Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello!

My name is Ben. I am working on a project called "Titans of Laxus". It is a game with a futuristic, dark tone. I have been looking for an artist for quite a while to assist the team in the project. If you are interested, I'd love for you to join us! You're art is spectacular and it seems you can capture the mood we're looking for. If you would like to join us, please use some of the following methods to contact me!

Contact Information:

"misterbunsir" - Skype

"richards00ben@gmail.com" - E-Mail

...or a PM on these forums!

Here is the project recruitment thread: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/44871-titans-of-laxus-team-recruitment/

Shoot me a message, I'd love to talk details!

12. animesock52

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am still looking, but I am hoping to make my final decision by the end of this week.

13. Kinchen

Kinchen Kween Member

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Please contact me at azure.habbz, if your interested.

14. The Boggan King

The Boggan King The Boggan King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My wife and my start-up studio is gathering a team for our first project. If you'd like to, here's a thread detailing some of the aspects of the game. It's in planning phases and it's a bit "different" from most RPGs here, but if you'd like the ability to shape a project from the ground up, be more than welcome to PM me.

15. RpgN00B

RpgN00B The OG Spookster Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey I love your art style! I see you are looking for a team to start out with to get a general Idea of what it is like to work with others! I am looking for a team at the moment and I had just posted a job listing! It would be so cool to have an artist with your level of skill working on a game with me! In my job listing I also posted that you should be kind to others while working with them or else things won't go smoothly, you look like a very friendly person so it would seem that you fit for that part of the job! I can be contacted over skype or email or PM whatever you prefer. Thanks for your time.

~Sean Sierzega A.K.A. RPGN00B

16. animesock52

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm sorry for the lack of replying everyone. I've looked through alot of projects the past month and I would like to say I have found a project. So this thread can be closed.

For those that got to me late, I'm sorry. Maybe in the future I can do something like this again if I like how it goes. 

Thank you all so much for your interest in me, its greatly appreciated. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.