The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDITED: just remade the old and crappy ambientation. Srsly it was horrible xD
EDITED II: remade the text and the message style. Old one was as crappy as the ambientation  Also added a new material, so the old face is going to be in additional resources.

"The evil was growing stronger and our heroes could not face them. When everything was lost a mystic light engulfed their bodies and Eric, Ralph, Aluxes and Alex became Archeus and Asmodeus. With their new powers, the evil knew that was their end."

Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace
Project: None
Size: 544x416
Credits: DM Dotto for the Alex and Aluxes sprites. Archeia (i think. Correct me if i'm wrong) for the Ralph cut-in which i edited to match Archeus.

Alternative version (not the actual entry, just an alternative version)

The resources:

Archeus (Ralph and Eric from VX and Ace): 

Asmodeus (Aluxes and Alex from XP and 2k3):

Archeus Face:

**Edit 22/07/14**

Additional Material (made just for the lulz :p )

Asmodeus Face:

We do not offer support for RPGMaker 95/2000/2003 or the console RPG Maker series. Archeus face:

Archeus Portrait:

We do not offer support for RPGMaker 95/2000/2003 or the console RPG Maker series. Archeus Empowered Portrait:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Steampunk Hub - Final Version

Not sure what to post under the picture for original content since I created everything in the picture. But I suppose I will toss up something:

Wish the size limit was bigger lol, 544x416 is tiny, but forces you to think harder I suppose so not a bad idea. I probably tried to jam too many details into too small a space :)

Edit: Info regarding the models used:

A couple people were upset because I did not credit what 3D model I used. 

The 3D world and how it works is a lot different than how resources are handled in the RPG Maker world. 3D models (the figures themselves) are tools/props used to create art, and are generally not considered 'art' themselves - though one could easily make that argument. But to put it simply, nobody credits the people who made Photoshop when they create an image in spite of the fact that those people created the tools which the art was created with.

The only model I am using these days is a base clay model that I shape and apply textures to myself (all the steam machines and buildings and stuff? I did those in 2D). I do have full rights to use it in any way that I wish. I looked up the EULA for the 3D model again (this issue came up over a year ago when I was working on the first High Fantasy bundle and a few people were generally confused/upset about the process in which I was making the resources), and for your benefit I will copy the most important section:

TERMS OF USE.

TWO DIMENSIONAL WORKS. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User’s other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User’s two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format. 

What that amounts to basically is you can do whatever you want with the 2D renderings of the 3D model. The 2D work you create with the models is completely yours - you can sell it, license it, whatever you want - you created it, you own it. All that you are not allowed to do is use the model in any way that other people would be able to basically get the 3D model for free. Similar to Photoshop in that regard - you can make whatever you want with it, but you can't give the tool away for free. Models are tools.

I know it is a strange concept because the RPG Maker community is always stating that you must credit all sources, which is fantastic, but in this particular case there isn't really anything to credit unless I am then to also credit the people who made GIMP, my computer, etc - and that would go for everyone else as well.  As for the tiles and such, I created those and most of them are not from 3D anything, and the ones that are (which are not many) fall under the same category.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I am taking a risk by making something ugly. Oh well, I really wanted to prove a concept.

The thing I made is bog water (the vines are not a part of it) though because my mapping method is a bit strange, getting so y'all can use it was a bit difficult. This type of water is best used in overlay mapping but, here it is :3.

feel free to use/edit the water for whatever you need it for. you will have to make it into the proper A1 tile yourselves though.

Oh, and special thanks to celianna for the awesome tileset.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22-celiannas-parallax-tiles/

Edit: almost forgot, sprites are from looseleaf http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/

The Dragon Heretics: Swamp

and here is the bog water. (you can't see its detail on white, but I promise it's there)

See --->> 

There is also this root texture, (yes, I made the grass and roots on this one).

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Guess I can put my pixel tileset to use. =) I'm in.

Vinedrius

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is the first time I seriously attempted to draw something in Paint and unfortunately, my art skills can't keep up with my imagination, so go easy on me :p

I wanted to make something simple, but I guess I went a bit too simple :D

Contest entry: Ragnarok nigh

"Brave soul... You are now walking the halls of Valhalla... Do not be afraid... Your time is not yet over..."

Credits: Enterbrain

Custom resource:

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses

Welp. Fantasy-themed night meets Pre-history. The only thing missing is a dinosaur. ><

Resources are my own.

Autotiles are the scum of the earth.

I just had to do a pixel-art version of my moon background ( can be found in my resource thread ).

Necromus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hmm sad, I saw mapping contest and got excited, but creating your own ressources kinda kills the "map" part :/ Ah well, good luck folks :)

Athryl

The Reticent
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I had a bit more time I'd give it a go despite my less than stellar artistic abilities, but I have out of town family coming to visit.  Sounds like it'll be a fun one - good luck guys!

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my entry to the contest.  The pixel item is the window & the moon.  Credit: Celianna for the chains.  I am not sure I will even place, because there are quite a bit of good maps... already.

Story: I awoke up in ruins with no memory of how i got there or where I was.  I could barely remember my own name, but the last six months have seeming vanished from my mind...Someone, no, something is watching me from the darkness and it means to do me harm.

UPDATE: I did not like my original map, and was inspired by Corpse Party Rebuilt!

My original graphic, even though, I did the elevator, too.

Deleted

The Champion of Uncertainty :D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would loved to haave took part in this challenge, but I think this is a bit beyond my ability. Pity.  :stare:

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Finally came up with an idea on what to make, was working on my project today when I realized I needed something, so now is as good a time as any.

I have never made any decent art from scratch, I'm good at editing, but that won't get the job done here.

Vinedrius

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yay my MS Paint crap got one like! You made my day Hotfirelegend, thanks. XD

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yay my MS Paint crap got one like! You made my day Hotfirelegend, thanks. XD
Always happy to support an artist ;D xD xD

KingDanner: why not try digitally painting something? There's still the random 5, even if you know you can't win, per sae.

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh well...there is the random draw so I guess I'll give it a try.

Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thought I'd post my entry though there are probably better maps I've seen throughout this topic, but I suppose I'd give it a try.  :)

(After all there is still the random draw, even if my map is good for nothing else.)

I suppose if this map had a theme it would be like an Empty Void. Devoid of life (Except obviously those who enter there.)

The Tile I made was the Portal, I may modify it in the future to look better though. 

Here is the Portal I made separate from the image. 

EDIT: ALMOST forgot credits to First Seed Material(Mack) for most (If not All) of the tiles and the blond sprite.

Other sprite is credited to Momope

Tuxedo Leila

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My theme is a dreamy cafe that looks onto the sea during the sunset.

I made everything in this picture except for the lamps and the grass, which I owe credit to Enterbrain.
Idk if I have to choose one specific resource to submit, but if I have to, it's definitely the bg:

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@leilaheliday - I really, really like your entry, especially the background image. Well done!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not that I am any good at making art stuff from scratch, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway, because why not.

Everything in the screenshot is done by me completely from scratch:

And here's all the stuff separately. Ended up not using some of the tiles.

And if anyone recognizes who the two characters above are, you deserve a cookie. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lacy