First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Arty's Follower Vehicles v1.1
by Artyrambles
followervehicles.JPG

Introduction
This plugin allows you to define vehicle graphics for your followers! Whenever your player uses a vehicle, your followers will now also use their own - or "disappear", or use a default vehicle graphic you set up.

Features
- define actor vehicle graphics through notetags
- make actors without graphics "disappear" or give them a default vehicle
- optional alternative images when the player is moving/standing

Screenshots
The plugin and its parameters:
followervehicles_pluginparams.JPG

The actor notetags:
followervehicles_setup.JPG

How to Use
It's really easy to set up - just define a "blank" image in the plugin parameters, and then give your actors simple notetags. (You can find an example blank graphic here. Just save that and use it.)

The notetags are the following:
<vehicleNameAlt:filename> <vehicleIndexAlt:index>

Just replace "filename" with the name of a graphic in your "img/characters" folder, without quotation marks and without the file extension. Replace "index" with a number according to the sprite's index. Here's an illustration of which sprite has which index on a standard spritesheet:
indexexample.jpg

There's a few settings in the plugin parameters to customize how you want it to work. For example, you can disable "blank" graphics to make the followers without a notetag remain the same.

You can also enable "alt" graphics that will allow you to add alternative graphics to your follower vehicle. These alternative graphics will be displayed whenever the player is moving, and the "normal" graphics will be displayed when the player is standing still.

Plugin Download
Grab it here on my github!

Terms of Use
Free to use for commercial and non-commercial games. Please credit "Arty".

Support
I am open to suggestions how to improve this plugin. If it's within the realm of the possible (for me) I can implement changes.
If you find a bug, please let me know.
If your game crashes, please try starting a new game (aka don't load an existing save). If it still crashes, please press F8 (or F12) to open the dev console and post a screenshot of the log.

Credit
- Arty (that's me)
- whtdragon for the horse graphics used in the screenshot

Author's Notes
Right now, this plugin only allows you to define one normal and one alt graphic for your followers, so it doesn't take into account different player vehicles. I might add this functionality in the future!
Also please note that I was using VictorSaint's Custom Vehicles plugin to get the screenshot at the very top of the thread. It allows you to create your own vehicles (for example, a horse). I can recommend it, but it's not required!

Last edited:

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotcha, added terms of use to the first post!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).
Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPeng