Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Arum Helpdesk

Here go any questions about the setting you have and that are not already answered in the Faqs and general info. Feel free to make questions and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if it was discussed, but is the magic in Arum powerful enough to sustain a magical floating island in the sky? This island would move throughout the map.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ruby: Sure. Just don't make magic universally strong like that. Locally is fine. (SO say a SPECIFIC land has very high magic density, others not so). As logn as no specific details are meant as a rule for the entire world, it's fine.

As an extra, it would probably help if the island was not infamous worldwide. I mean: some people don't know it even exist? That would porbably help with a lot of lore in less magic centered countrties (give the cournty a magic barrier or somehtign that makes it hard to see, maybe) making it so that not EVERYONE is aware of it.

drewbeedooo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I have recently begun learning the basics of game making, and started with an open-source project from a game developer I like. However, they use RMXP, so that is the program I am familiar with.

Is it mandatory for Arum games to be made by VX Ace? Whether yes or no, would you suggest I just learn how to use Ace for this project?

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use whatever program you like. At most you would not be able to share maps with other devs, but that's it.

I would say, sure, get ACE. To me it's jsut flat out better than XP, but that's as an engine and has no real relation to Arum at all.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ruby: Sure. Just don't make magic universally strong like that. Locally is fine. (SO say a SPECIFIC land has very high magic density, others not so). As logn as no specific details are meant as a rule for the entire world, it's fine.

As an extra, it would probably help if the island was not infamous worldwide. I mean: some people don't know it even exist? That would porbably help with a lot of lore in less magic centered countrties (give the cournty a magic barrier or somehtign that makes it hard to see, maybe) making it so that not EVERYONE is aware of it.
No, its magic protects it from the eyes of the outside world, and most people would think of it as a myth.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In my game (still in the middle of a story-writing "hiatus"), I do have journey across a small amount of sea, but am thinking of expanding the sea to allow for more open-ended adventure (NO RANDOM ENCOUNTERS THANK GOD)...is it alright to reference other lands in the background? I won't be using any characters, just adding some fun references, and am wondering if that's okay. 

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NPC: It is part of the reason ther setting exists, to share lore and references XD By all means go ahead.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about parallel dimensions Indrah? Can they be connected to Arum?

Dream\Angelic\Demonic\Distorted small worlds for example.

If I remember right, in the intro of ISOI, Alma says that Pudding got exiled from his (demonic?) world, is that a kind of world that is connected to Arum in some way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sam rukles as always: sure, go ahead, as long as it's not universally known.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayumi009