Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German

Creator: MagicMagor

Seen in: The grave of Asmor

Details

- A small island kingdom, mainly living off trade and exporting various plants.

- Once was home to a famous magic school

- Capital City of Engen was founded by Asmor a long time ago - built upon the ruins of the old magic academy

arum-magor.jpg

Physeter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Indrah, I salute to you! Keeping track of all these countries and locations must be a lot of work!

And, well, here is mine :D :

Creator: Physeter

Seen in: Masters and Mices

Details:

- A grass-covered plain with unregular rain

- mostly farm villages, few cities

- inhabited by humans under a sovereign lord and -lately- by cat people

<pic deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, before I set to update the map, a few things:

@Psyket: From my point of view (and this is totally personal and may not be shared by others) japan+ARCTIC weather, even with hot springs, does not work. We're talkign about comparing eskimos to japanese with some hot spots :/ Culture aside, the architecture and vesturary are inappropiate. I'd encourage you to move to a less conflictive area or an island NEAR what you have now (but less arctic), but I'm not here to squash people on their choices. This is just something many people will tell you and may have to deal with.

@Velex: Nothing to comment. Will add as is.

@Rixis: Fixed (I think).

@MrRaiho: If thats ok with you, I will change "home to most magic" to "holds many magic types" or something along those lines. The reason would be that the wording IMPLIES that "housing" means that it holds them sort of exclusively, which is a big no-no in setting limitations (yes, I'm being nitpicky with the words XD)

@MagicMagor: No problems. I'm going to guess "Asmor" is a person and not a nation. Keep in mind for the future reference (if you want) that most of the islets there are merchant hotspots.

@Physester: Um...I dont want to be restrictive about climates, but let me tell you in case you simply didn't notice:

The area you choose as a grassland is actually on DRY CLIMATE ground (you can see the climate map in the OP). Now, I have no problems with you putting grasslands in there, but keep in mind people will expect certain things from the area (aka it being dry) that you may have to provide some sort of explanation to it if you go against that (if you have a magical/technical reason for that it's perfectly fine, of course, but I'm just saying :3)

MrRaiho

Lazy-Detective
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
@MrRaiho: If thats ok with you, I will change "home to most magic" to "holds many magic types" or something along those lines. The reason would be that the wording IMPLIES that "housing" means that it holds them sort of exclusively, which is a big no-no in setting limitations (yes, I'm being nitpicky with the words XD)
Oh that's fine~ It's not thaaat nitpicky xD

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indrah - Then I respectfully decline my submission then. Please remove my country from the list.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Psyker: To stress I am not here to censor other people and their creations. Are yous sure you want me to remove it instead of moving it soemwhere else?

- Aërendyll -

Noodle arms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch / Aenese
Primarily Uses
Umiyama Isles

Creator: Aërendyll

Seen in: Set The Setting contest entry (not named yet)

Details:

- Umiyama is (part of?) a medium to small island group that is pretty far from the main continents from Arum.

- The climate is temperate, leans towards warm rather than cold.

- Monsters aren't a common sight, though people still train in fighting arts for self defence against criminals, for dueling purposes or out of family tradition.

- The government is rather small.

- Mainly a country of farmers, fishermen and sailors.

- Religion worships nature and protective deities referred to as "kami" rather than one god.

NOTE: While this country is based on Japan and it's lore in several ways, it's not mandatory to make it as close and realistic as possible compared to Japan in real life. It's more of a mood and graphics choice rather than an accurate replica of Japan as a country.

Requested location:

Rough game area map (subject to change, just in-game areas are depicted):

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indrah - Remove it for the time being. I'm going to have to relocate to another location plus redo a majority of my project now.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map updated.

Added Engen, Agion, Jhannad, Rutinia and the Umiyama Isles.

Removed D'aigua as requested.

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
removed.

Reverie Raven

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally put together all my info. Uhm, don't kill me, Indra. I tried to keep it brief, I swear. :rolleyes: It j-just... it spewed in my notepad.... h-honest...

It was really hard to find a spot to put them >_______> I was like "Oooo~ I want it to go here!" *checks climate map* "DRAT. FOILED AGAIN."

After all the trouble though, it was totally worth it. I love my placements. And they are near all your wonderful creations, too! :'D

The Map Locations~

The Infos~ (sorry if the formatting is derp, I wrote this in notepad...so yeah)

Mirastha

Creator: Reverie Raven, Sinmora

Seen in: "Magic, Yo" (WIP Project)

Details:

- Home to the Faesylkh, a race of humanoids with a third eye on their forehead.

- The Faesylkh excel at illusion magic, and are able to detect "hidden" objects/people that others cannot.

- Magical veil surrounds the city, hiding it from outsiders. The Faesylkh are isolationists.

- Due to infighting, several hundred citizens have fled. Those who are forced out are

unable to return to their city, as their third eye is seared shut, and their ability to see

the "hidden" is destroyed along with it.

- Ruled by a God-King, but lately a large group of citizens have challenged his rule.

These citizens are led by a rare individual indeed; a Faesylkh who willingly left, and

returned to the city. (This is why the searing of eyes has started.)

Belleireu

Creator: Reverie Raven

Seen in: "Magic, Yo" (WIP Project)

Details:

- Home of the Aldanis Magic Academy (named after the nobleman who founded it).

- Many Faesylkh refugees have fled here over the years, and have started families

with humans.

- Magic is greatly feared here, as many individuals with the capacity to use it do not

know how to use it.

- Belleireu is led by a Dictator, and successors are chosen within the family.

- Feryes Swamp is located here. A race of fish-like humanoids live in a

close-knit tribe within.
Let me know if anything needs rephrasing or something... I haven't gone to bed yet today :'D

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Revery Raven: Woman your circles are HUMONGOUS! D< WHats with your world overtaking issues, eh eh?!

Jokes aside (I love you matty don't be angry~) (and seriosly stop changing your nickname on the forumsss!) it's fine (if a bit wprdy on the detials, so I might CENSOR YOU! Bwhahahah!).

I'll update the map later today.

Drakath

Kuro no Kishin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
I want my place here (defined by the X) --> http://postimage.org/image/jh8oxij3p/9dea81cb/

Enargria

Creator: Drakath

Seen in: <N/A>

Details:

- Ruled by a king and an advisory council. Primary race is human.

- Magic usage is very common in the country because of the strong energy coming from the mountains surrounding it.

- There is a new appearing race living around the mountains which covers the right side of the country. Once they were human, but because of strong unknown energy of mountains started to have some differences from normal humans in the country.

I was feared because at least the middle continent was getting full so quickly so I wanted to take my place in the map as soon as I could. Good luck completing the settings of Arum.

MrRaiho

Lazy-Detective
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to add a list of cities that will appear in the country we submit?

MrRaiho

Lazy-Detective
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
*Sorry Ignore this...*

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MrRaiho: Sure, go ahead in your own post, but it won't appear in the OP list details unless certain cities are critical for the country itself.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

Aurelia

Creator: EvilEagles

Seen in: Stella Sidus

Details:

• Having little to none at all exploitable resources, the whole country relies on trading business, importation/exportation.
  • Aurelia is a rather under-developed country with very low technology, the average level of the people's intellect is rather low, which apparently means that Aurelian are highly religious, sometimes even to the extent of superstition.
  • Due to the lack of exploitable resources and the inefficient economic system, Aurelians are mostly poor and only able to feed themselves just enough. The only vehicles for travelling throughout Aurelia are horse-ridden wagons, which can only be afforded by a small number of affluent families, and carts, mostly used by business people. The rest must travel on foot.

Physeter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

@Physester: Um...I dont want to be restrictive about climates, but let me tell you in case you simply didn't notice:

The area you choose as a grassland is actually on DRY CLIMATE ground (you can see the climate map in the OP). Now, I have no problems with you putting grasslands in there, but keep in mind people will expect certain things from the area (aka it being dry) that you may have to provide some sort of explanation to it if you go against that (if you have a magical/technical reason for that it's perfectly fine, of course, but I'm just saying :3)
I came up with this by myself now and now I see that you had pointed it out already. Please push my country a little bit to the south. :D

Arum Map1.png

And another change:

Creator: Physeter

Seen in: Masters and Mices

Details:

- partly grass-covered plain, partly forest

- mostly farm villages, few cities

- inhabited by humans under a sovereign lord and -lately- by cat people

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
May I request a tiny area here?

<Briland>

Creator: <Jermynsoup>

Seen in: <Unexpected Inccidents>

Details:

-A small island that is not really a country.

-Mostly unknown to the rest of the world.

-The king handles military affairs, while the law is kept by a panel of judges.

-Also 'ruled' by a person who keeps monsters in check by attracting them around him.

-The citizens mostly live peaceful lives and almost none have ventured beyond the island.

[More details]

As the person attracts monsters, they do not venture into villages. However, due to this, the people of Briland associate him with the monsters and dub him the 'Ultimate Evil'. Many legendary heroes are sent to kill him, but none have succeeded so far. In gameplay context, the island's worldmap will be relatively safe, with only animals and bandits, with the stronger monsters within caves and dungeons.

worldmap.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Before I am done with even one game, I am going to need Psychiatric assistance after doing all these sprites!
Still I am improving, Spriting not mental fortitude.
It's still early days, and I was going to keep this under wraps until development is a bit further along, but I'm just so damn proud of how robust the integrity-checking in this plugin is that I have to share it.
Do you think the new RPG Maker MZ has support for Android devices ?
JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitch