Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map updated (at last! Sorry for the long wait)

Added Mirastha, Belleireu, Enargria, Aurelia and Briland.

Changed location of Rutinia as requested.

Changed Phranik's name to Thranik as requested.

As always please check your location and text and tell me if I forgot something~

----

Anyway, I wanted to repeat this once again. I am being pretty lenient as of now, but some time in the future I will ask everyone that has shown no progress in their games (a game topic or any sort of comment on development in person) how the project is going. If it's not being worked on and seems it won't move forward anytime soon (so pretty much it being abandoned or on permanent limbo), I WILL ASK YOU TAKE THE COUNTRIES OFF.

Now, don't panic. I'm not going to bully anyone into taking things out, but I want to REALLY discourage planting flags and then completely forgetting about it. Just a signal that you're working or have plans (real plans, not vague ideas) will be fine, but please understand that it's not a good idea to have a map full of abandoned countries that never see any development.

That said, I won't start pestering people until well after the contest is finished, so no need to panic....yet >D

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Ah, that reminds me to get my game development topic up here. ^^ I don't want to have planted a flag for nothing.

MagicMagor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Actually Engen can be deleted. I'm sorry for this, but the three weeks until the contest deadline is not enough for me to make a game. (No not even a small demo). I'm far too lazy to make something playable in that amount of time, so i dropped out of the contest and canceled my arum-project.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You can always make your project outside the contes, too, if you want Magor. <3 Are you sure you'd like to abandon it completely?

Physeter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The same for me.

I still want to make my game, but there is no chance I'm will be able to provide anything playable until next weekend! I'm still trying to get the resources together.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To calrify this: I will ask to pull down ABANDONED PROJECTS. This has nothing to do with the contest. It's fine as long as the project is active, even if you know you won't be finishing anytime soon.

What I DO want to pull back are countries where you KNOW you will not develop at all anytime soon.

So, as long you still plan on making the game, and start working reasonably soon (a couple months? I dunno) then that's fine.

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
May I ask, are there specific names for the continents? Or will the names change over time or as the games build up? It would sound a bit weird if many references to different countries are present, but none about general area (Or continent), E.G. It would sound more believable when an NPC mentions something like "I travelled over from (city name), in (continent name)", rather than simply "I came from (city name)". Mostly this is due to the fact that people may not know of different cities, but will most likely know the continents.

If there are already continent names, I apologise, I derpped. :p

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May I ask, are there specific names for the continents? (etc)
Not yet. They will be named at some point, but not now when the world still has no real finished games.

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Danlund

Creator: pawsplay

Seen in: Quest for Yltimus

Details:

- Anglo-Saxon inspired

- Thick pine forests, rich farmland, high mountains in the vicinity

- Danlund is ruled by a king, supported by noble clans and a semi-hereditary knightly tradition

- Recently, Danlund's holdings have been slipping away as Lord Thanov's forces, human and monstrous, spread darkness across the land

map location:

http://i.imgur.com/UmYpU.png

El Capitan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! Am I too late for the party?

Clishea

Creator: El Capitan

Seen in: Legend of Seamus

Details:

• Island nation, "Faux Ireland"-type setting
  • Only one city, called Clishea City. Most people live there.
  • Sprawling forests, some farmland to sustain city, and a wide mountain range.
  • Has nearby smaller islets, a few also populated.
  • Absentee King, fighting a religious crusade somewhere, the Clishean City Council rules by proxy.

And a little bit more I've been planning

Rakistan

Creator: El Capitan

Seen in: Legend of Seamus

Details:

• A small nation in the Masyr Desert. Gets the typical "desert country in turmoil" spin.
  • Divided into smaller regions controlled by battling factions.
  • The only source of Al-Qafi'n, a mysterious substance the Clishean Council wants for some mysterious reason.
  • Not an enemy of Clisea if that's what you're thinking. ;) They're not at war, the stuff has to be done some other way.
  • No system of government, not until the 6-way free-for-all civil war is over.

I've originally planned Clishea on the northwest edge of the northwest continent. But the location of Churchland sounds promising, and could use a bit of proximity from it while distancing from the desert region. A small island in the middle of the two big continents, maybe? Rakistan could then just be anywhere around the Masyr, it should be alright.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@:El Capitan, post an image with the location, I can't read minds XD

prexus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pakota (denizens: Pakotan)

Creator: Prexus

Seen In: -to be named- (this is not for the contest)

Details:

- Port & Trade Nation

- Primary Exports: Seafood, Fish, Sands/Gravels, Various Ores, Local 'Trinkets'

- Practised Trades: Fishery, Smithing, Apothecary,

- Race: Human, middle-toned skin, with a wide variety of hair colours although predominantly blonde/brown

- Made of several port towns, no over-all governing system. Barter and Goods speak louder than Titles.

- Small mountain ranges to the north host several Excavation Sites and Mines

- Common Monstrous Fauna: Goblin, Kobold, Dire Wolf

- Uncommon Monstrous Fauna: Troll, Giant

- Rare Monstrous Fauna: Dragon, Yeti

Whiterose

Editor Mapping Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Country Name: Erona (Eh-roe-nah)

Creator: Whiterose

Seen In: Name Undecided

Details:

- Erona is a kingdom wrapped in eternal winter.

- Magic keeps some areas warm in order to support flora and wild-life.

- Has a secular, crystal and star based religion.

- Remains very self contained, though has some connections with Saana and Newland.

- Uses folklore and fable to teach morality to children.

Desired Location:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the map (finally!)

Added Danlund, Pakota, and Erona. (Trimmed Pakota's details as there were too many listed).

@El Capitan: Unless you give me an image guide of where your countries go, I can't add them.

Milkdud

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Reverting back to original idea.

El Capitan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Updated the map (finally!)

Added Danlund, Pakota, and Erona. (Trimmed Pakota's details as there were too many listed).

@El Capitan: Unless you give me an image guide of where your countries go, I can't add them.
Sorry for not replying soon. Got caught by a surprise worksked change. Also a horrible eye infection (I blame the sudden sked change). But I got better, and here's my map pics!

Clishea's around that NE corner of the big continent.

clishea.jpg

Rakistan is on the other end of the big continent. I think you guys have an idea how silly it is for the King to go full-Richard on the Rakistanis.

rakistan.jpg

MrRaiho

Lazy-Detective
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses

South Agion (originally just Agion)

Creator: MrRaiho

Seen in : Magnum Opus

Details:

-Native to many elves and fae creatures.

-Said to have many resident forms of magic including witchcraft.

-Population is run through a Council of elected magicians and wizards

-Monster population is high due to the concentration of magic.

-Home to several powerful Fae called Devas, these deva are regarded as resident goddesses

North Agion

Creator: MrRaiho

Seen in : Magnum Opus

Details:

-Has a much more frigid temperature than it's southern neighbor.

-Mostly secluded and prefers to only do its trading through South Agion.

-Home to the Council that runs both Countries.

-Monster population is surprisingly low, possibly due to the cold.

-Rumored to built on a fallen civilization

Jaide

"This guy are sick."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Melantha

Creator: Jaide

Seen in: Her Weight in Gold

Details:

-Named for a former queen a thousand years prior, who was known as a Child of Mana. These are children who appear seemingly out of thin air after what is called a Mana Storm, where many wild rifts open across the landscape and magic is highly volatile. This has not occurred in some time, and to some is considered merely a myth as to the former queen's origins, perhaps to hide her lack of noble birth.

-Primarily a warm climate, with a jungle to the south and a small desert to the southwest. The northern territory is somewhat cooler, and is the more populated region in the country. A vast river runs down the middle horizontally to the ocean.

-Ruled by the descendants of Melantha, who have a stronger magic affinity than most in the country.

-A tribe of dark skinned nomads call the arid sands their home. They are a fearsome group in battle, but primarily peaceful unless provoked, and highly spiritual. (Name not yet decided.)

Arum Map - Melantha.png

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map update (finally!)

Added Clishea, Rakistan, North Agion and Melantha.

Reordered list of countries by area to be a bit more orderly.

Warning!

Later this evening I will start sending out PMs to everyone who submitted a country to check the status of the project. Abandoned projects will be taken off the map.

I will give details in the PM, so please answer (whether you abandoned a project or not) as soon as you can, please.

Edit: All PMs have been sent (they all say the same). Please respond to them as soon as you can (by PM, not here).

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most people have already responded the PMs, and the countries removed were actually way fewer than I was expecting (only 6). I'm glad to see people still want to do stuff in the Arum universe!

Deleted as requested: Umiyama Isles, Enargria, Engen, Balaya, Norwin and Vlarencia. Only four countries left to confirm.

Updated thread and map info.

We stand at 29 countries, 19 developers, and 3 completed games so far.

Once everyone has finished reporting in, I'll be linking all existing game pages/topics to the main Arum info thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not. Enough. TIME.
Ami
--- Cheating ---

Hero: I can't Stand this! (Activate Infinite HP, Stats 999)
Game Police: Hold right there!
Hero: What happened,sir?
Game Police: You're under arrest because Using Cheat in the Game,illegally!
(Handcuffing the Hero)
Hero: Huh???
Game Police: You have the Punishment to Not be in this world: 6 Months
Hero
: (Shocking) WHAT???
Need advice that should be adjusted
Some local cursed and attacked me because I said children should learn copyright....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PikFan