Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated main maps with final countries and a couple additions. Will be updating main topic in a second with news.

In case you thought so: the project is not dead, so feel free to submit countries.

I will be making a round of Pms to anyone with an ongoing Arum game to verify no one's abandoned the project sometime this week (or the next...).

Added "final" countries to the maps. Names in yellow are countries involved in games that are finished, so they are not fully stablished and canon.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, Id love to help out and be a part of this perhaps!

Any words of advice?

thejamesmcornett

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Altervox
Creator: James M. Cornett
Seen in: Open creation: feel free to include in your own games
Details:
-Women are dominant gender
-Men enslaved as either workers or breeders

-Tends to be low-key in political situations

-Merchant country that depends on imports for survival

Suggested Background:
Decades ago, an unknown plague hit the Altervox nation hard, but was barely contained before it spread to other countries. It strangely affected only the male gender of most species, so to counter the problem until the plague was erradicated, the women quarrantined their men. Unfortunately, after the plague ran its course, women, deciding they were better off in control, kept the men enslaved. Men are qualified as either Workers, Servants, or Breeders, with Workers being the general slaves and Servants being the 'pets' of royal members of Altervox's population. The plague also left the Altervox nation barely able to produce crops or food, so they rely heavily on imports from other countries to keep food and goods. In exchange, their exports tend to be men who are deemed unacceptable Breeders or Workers. Very little of the country's political history is in tact outside of the Voxitora Library ("Voxitora", by the way, is their name for "Empress"), which is blocked from access from anyone outside of the royal family in Altervox.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sacarious: Make a game!

No seriously. Just make one. The lenght doesn't even matter.

If you look at the completed games, there are not many. What we need right now is stuff to pad out the world. Very little spaces are covered, so you can either make a game with source material already done, or creature your own new countries and stuff.

The idea is to share a world, but sicne the word is so scarcely populated yet, what we need right now are MOAR GAMES!

@thejamescornett: Can you please pinpoint where in the world map your country would be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok, well here you go kind sir.

My Game its a shorty, but its a goodie :D

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is still alive! :o Cool. I'm creating a game called Karin (Chronicles of the Darkness), which take place in (surprise) Karin. I filled in the skele as so:

Karin

Creator: NPC

Seen in: Karin: Chronicles of Darkness
Details: A cold, almost empty country with three cities in which the peoples live. It is right near the sea to the east of Briland (if you want location). Islands are within close range of the main port city's, Leerein, docks. 

-The four cities are Leerein, Camme, Korinth, Calle.

-Calle and Camme are named after feuding brothers whom both settled on opposite sides of the country.

-Camme is the warmest city, with it's advancements in fire technology.

-A mysterious shrine sits in the most polar region of Karin, whom only Calle has even reported seeing.

Oh, and a demo should be out by the end of Spring Break in all hopefulness. 

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sacarious: The point of the Arum project is to make games WITHIN that world, sacarious, not to just add your premade games into it XD

If you want to adapt your project to the world that's just fine, but I can't accept somehtign that was obviosuly made with the Arum world totally not in it. (also pssst, not a sir >D)

@Npc : thanks for the addition! I'll be waiting a couple of days to see who else gets in so I don't ahve to change the world map every few hours. The coutnry is jsut fine, however, so go ahead and get that game rolling~

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol Good call, I was just uploading something so you could see what im capable of in sense..

and also.. good call... i totally didnt see the cartoon bust line on your avatar lol.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's always harder than it seems, dem games. Trying to figure out a tutorial event process...and you know how long those can take.

maprough.PNG

A really badly drawn circle around the frozen wasteland of Karin. (rough idea, anyway)

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any advice on what i can do?

Jackkel Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hristal
Creator: Jackkel Dragon
Seen in: Imbalance of Power
Details:
- Ruled by a "King" assisted by one or two "Thanes".
- Most titles are gender-neutral.
- Has spent much of its existance in isolation, despite its proximity to other nations.

Map Image:

There's more to the country than those three little facts, but until they get set in stone by the story I don't want to state them as facts.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update! Finally got off my ass, sorry it's been a long time.

Added Corterre, Hristal and Karin.

I will now start sending confirmation PMs to everyone. Please answer as promptly as possible so we can get the map nice and clean quickly!

@Sacarious: There is no advice needed specially: make a game that takes place in the Arum world, that's all you need.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for adding it! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hey indra, might you be able to give a rough estimation of the time when the map's inactive countries will be cleaned? 

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are beign confirmed right now. I'll pull the deadline smeitme next week or the other and those that have not answered or cancelled will be taken out.

That said, there is no reason for people to need this, unless you specially want to link with an existing and active area.

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
that's ... pretty much what i want to do  :p  
if by existing and active you mean claimed on the front page.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if by existing and active you mean claimed on the front page.
Um...what? XD

EVen when we clean up the dev map, not all countries will have a game even linked yet as they'd be in the early stages. If that's fine with you, go ahead. If not, the map with countries that are permanent it also avaliable (those already have completed games and will not be removed).

Chibi Kyo

The curiously damned..
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Providences: Ji, Nil, Swen

(can be found in the North West Continent, East of Danland
Creator: Chibi Kyo
Seen in: When Crafting Magic
Details:
-Small Collection of Providences that use the mountains as shelter from the world. No hierarchy as of yet for they are gentle folks who are more artisan then fighters. Ji being the major homestead and collection of the three small Providences. Nil being the smallest. Swen is the main trade center where the mountain path can be crossed to the west. 

-Plentiful mining to the east, west, and south of Nil. There is perfect climate for crafts and gathers of a secret trade as well. Due North East is Ji and to the west of that is Swen.

-Monsters most commonly in the mines and passages beyond. Not so much in the valley, yet hunters have been speaking of an alarming increase in the numbers seen.

The Providences.png

The Providences.png

ZAiKAi

Ultimate Baka
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow. I really like the idea of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosr