Arum Reference World Map [Submit your new countries here]

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This replaces the entry for Danlund, and occupies the same spot on the map.

Siegus-Grunmark

Creator: pawsplay

Seen in: Secret of the Summoner

Details:

- a group of feudal holdings, dominated by rival kingdoms Siegus and Grunmark

- a prosperous region, but not a hub of trade or culture

- the story of Secret of the Summoner begins with Siegus acquiring three airships and hiring a master summoner in preparation for war with Grunmark

- there is a local population of blue-skinned Subterranean Mutants, who avoid and dislike surface people

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update is finally friggin done!

Added The Providences, updated Danlund (now Siegus-Grunmark) and Erona. Deleted North/South Agion, Rakistan, Rutinia, Briland, Pakota, Altea and Clishea. (If your country was deleted by mistake, send me a PM).

If by some reason I forgot you, deleted/edited your country by mistake, or ANTYHING, please PM me and I'll fix it.

Sorry this took such a long time, I've been busy as all get out (still am -_-) and this didn't seem as pressing at the time :<

gbanshee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I really like the project and would LOVE to contribute!

Loria

Creator: gbanshee

Seen in: Chronicles of Loria (working title)

Details:

- Once the heart of a powerful and vast Loria Empire spanning the whole peninsula, now a boiling pot - a land torn by turmoil and chaos.

- The region is shattered into many smaller countries who wage wars against each other, form and break alliances.

- Most countries are monarchies ruled by noble families. Most noble families can trace their origin to the times of the empire's greatness, but younger houses spring up even now.

- Magic is considered a gift of the nobility. Those who lack sufficient magic affinity to be seen as "gifted" are considered ordinary folk (even when born into an already noble house - they will be regarded like bastards and won't have any rights to the house name or heritage)

- The numerous noble houses all hone their magic skills, perfecting their styles and forming various unique magic schools this way. Some of the ways of using magic are rarely seen anywhere else outside the more unique families. The secrets of their arts are considered sacred by most families and are passed down only to its members. 

Further details: The region consists mainly of three major peninsulas. The northern one is mostly mountainous, but rich in minerals. The mountains serve as a natural barrier shielding it from enemies, but also as an obstacle for the warmer southern winds, making this part of the region really rigid and inhospitable. People hailing from this part of the land are sturdy and iron-willed.

The middle peninsula is hilly in the north, where it gets colder because of the cold ocean currents and icy winds from the mountains.The southern part is relatively warm with abundance of fertile land and plenty of natural riches. This is where most of the cultural past of the region was born. The land is dotted with ancient relics of its once glorious past.

The southern peninsula is mountainous in the west, but the east is grooved with countless rivers, lakes and bogs, making it one of the most fertile regions in the whole Arum, but also one of the most treacherous ones at the same time. 

Between the middle and southern peninsula, countless islands span as far as the eye can see, ranging from large, significant lands, to tiny, barely noticeable pebbles. This part of the region may be one of the most unstable and dangerous in the whole north continent - countless wars have left their mark here, forever changing the lives of people. Piracy is at its finest, various supernatural phenomena caused by abuse of magic are also common. This makes it a cradle for many different supernatural beings and monsters, who once may have been human, but now one can only wonder.

A reference map showing the size of the Loria Empire during its greatness in ancient times (light blue) and what can be seen as its remainings and spiritual successor (blue)

Last edited by a moderator:

derwhitephantom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
so im just double checking that this idea is still up and running. if so im looking to maybe particpate. i dont have alot done on my game yet, noir alot of time to work on right now, but i can be pretty active as far as global thoughts go till the end of the holiday season where i can spend some time working on it. (i.e a calendar like someone posted or something i have not seen mentioned yet but currency)

gbanshee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I'd also like to "claim" one island for the bigger project I'm currently working on (I'm getting around to making a topic of the introduction demo)

Tsukuria

Creator: gbanshee

Seen in: RTP: Robbers, Thieves, Plunderers  (working title)

Details: 

- a large island off the coast of the Northwestern continent. There's a giant, active volcano near the center of the island, which is said to be the cradle of all life on the island.
- the eastern coast is dotted with a couple of small to medium size coral islands.
- the northern part of the island is cold and almost always covered in snow because it's high in the mountains, but also thanks to a rift anomaly that takes place in here. It's said that a spirit of the winter protects the north from the volcano with his freezing, cold breath.
- the majority of island's population are humans, but also intelligent Pigmen inhabit it, as well as an ancient race of robust humanoids called trolls.
- magic is a common sight in Tsukuria, but not everyone practices it actively. Everyone, however, can have access to magic in form of runes. These magical stones are said to be scattered around the island with each eruption of the volcano. They magic imbued within them grants the holder various magical gifts.
- Tsukuria is currently a very unstable region. Northwest of the island is ruled by a king, against which the east coast rebels. The islands are no man's land - a couple of primitive tribes live there, with pirates and bandits doing as they please. The south is under the firm grip of Ashen Banners - a military order compromised of knights that were uncontent with king's rule and decided to rebel. 
- southwestern coast is a desolate swampland, where undeads and other anomalies dwell - a great disaster polluted the land here and changed it forever.

SentaiBrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I should have moved quicker or checked the last few posts of this thread. I already started building a game where I didnt think anyone was at yet because the main map didn't show anyone there at the upper right continent.

Espium
Creator: Brad [sentaiBrad]
Seen in: Tales of Arum - Signature of the Stars [in Developement and Working Title]
Details:

A Land untouched by modern advances. A traditional town that has stood guardian to the dimensional Rift. Near the rift monstors and demons sneak through. They have destroyed <most> of the surrounding villages till only <few> remain. The town has forbidden magic except to the chosen few who are said to hold the power that one day will be used to finally combat and close the demons that plague the landscape.

Now obviously i should have looked to see if anyone else was wanting to build in the area. I've already started on the game for the past few days slowly working out plot, characters, and I even began building the world. I have most of the Temperat and Cold area already drawn out. I was leaving the freezing area for something later or a possible sequel. (Literally been running ideas in my head to make 2-3 smaller games in a "Tales of Arum" Series.) Now Honestly, I haven't gotten so far that stopping or changing things would disrupt development that badly. It's not like I have a quarter of the game done. That said I love the idea of this world, the idea that there are going to be many developers that make games based in one world that we can all share resources, ideas, places and what not together. I chose this area to develop because it works for my purposes. "A Land seperated from the rest of civilization." That bieng said I am more than willing to work with gbanshee on our games to make sure they dont conflict, or that any that would conflict can be solved or explained away. (Maybe like a set of tall icy mountains that seperate the two empires.) I am also not completed fixed on this location, I have my world map more or less in an alpha state, so I could change it around but... PM me here or you can add me to Steam at "Sentai Brad" and we can talk. Anyone have thoughts on our situation?? I am sure were not the first two to accidently build in the same area.

gbanshee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I'm all for it Sentai! Hell, it even works to my advantage, because I won't have to leave open doors in my storytelling to make sure I don't set any hard boundaries in the world - I'm sure we can come to an agreement and figure out how to make both lands work together nicely without contradicting each other. I'll PM you my early map draft soon and then we will see if they clash and if so, where and what we can do to bring them together.

SentaiBrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm all for it Sentai! Hell, it even works to my advantage, because I won't have to leave open doors in my storytelling to make sure I don't set any hard boundaries in the world - I'm sure we can come to an agreement and figure out how to make both lands work together nicely without contradicting each other. I'll PM you my early map draft soon and then we will see if they clash and if so, where and what we can do to bring them together.
I'm glad you're willing to work with me. I was trying to build the area around me to be a bit "larger" than normal. Considering it is going to be a shorter game I wouldn't have needed that much space. That bieng said because there is less of an area, maybe we can try to create a bit more space, instead of a smaller world map try to create it a bit bigger, kind of like just doubling the area. This way we have more room to play with our Ideas. I was also thinking before this that I would have some islands to explore, not to mention underground areas, so there should be more room than we think. Please do PM me and hopefully we can start discussing our games. We each have our own ideas but hopefully we can share similarities so that if someone were to play each of our games they wouldn't look completely different to each other.

Alex_TheBadass

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Heroism

Seen in: My First RTP Adventure

Description: I name the world Alexland after romping through it as the main character. I terraform the world into sample maps and randomly generated dungeons. If I'm broke, I get infinite gold (read: racks on racks on racks) from that treasure chest with the missing self-switch. I give myself 99 of all elite items to give to my army of slimes with 9999 HP each.

If my kingdom is defeated, I'll just move it to VX Ace Lite. My powers will be limited but I WILL SURVIVE.

SentaiBrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So gbanshee and I are perfectly fine working in the same area. We actually are working out a rough timeline. gbanshees games will take place first in the BC (before the continents crisis) and my games will take place in the AC (after the crisis). They will inhabit the same and similar areas. Gbanshee will focus mostly on the east side that they pointed out, and I will focus mostly on the west side where I pointed out, but we will travel across the great barrier (still to be worked out) seperating our countries. Our games will share places, lineages and the great disaster.

So pretty much, we're creating a whole series of games in that one area. I can't speak on gbanshee's games exactly, but my first game will take place directly in my area with exploration in the area and some surrounding islands. The second game will take place in gbanshees area and my area. Then a 3rd game would take place in the frozen north. We're working on all the details still but that area is now bieng spoken for I guess. We're both really excited in this. xD

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now working through the new entries and I have to say...

PLOPLE FOR THE LOVE OF CAKE MAKE YOUR COUNTRY DETAILS SHORTER.

No one is going to read all that long stuff when browsing this page ;-; Don't write it as you would explain in your game page, write it as a brief introduction to a place. Summarize.

Also I have a question: WTF are you talking about peninsulas, gbanshee? The location for Loria is the TIP OF A CONTINENT, not a group of islands. You have me supremely confused here XD

Also you are aware that northern continent is basically the artics? The tip is more temperate, but most of that zone will be cold as frick. (Not against you putting stuff there, just warning you in case you didn't notice).

I'm also taking a hatchet to the country details. If you guys insisit you need a specific detail in tell me and I'll edit it, but it's too long. You don't have to describe every aspect of the country's geogrpahy. I mean, come on ;-; (It's fine if you want to go on in your own post with further details, but don't bog down the country entry).

@Gbanshee and @Sentai: If you need further detailing of your countries send me a clean up pm or similr to know exactly what to edit. As it is I will jsut pop in what you guys specificed in the country description.

Updated. Added Loria, Espium and Tsukuria. Any edits necessary please contact me.

gbanshee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
PLOPLE FOR THE LOVE OF CAKE MAKE YOUR COUNTRY DETAILS SHORTER.

No one is going to read all that long stuff when browsing this page ;-; Don't write it as you would explain in your game page, write it as a brief introduction to a place. Summarize.
That's why I put the proper entry at the beginning, the rest is just additional info for those who may be interested xD 

Also I have a question: WTF are you talking about peninsulas, gbanshee? The location for Loria is the TIP OF A CONTINENT, not a group of islands. You have me supremely confused here XD
I'm only placing Loria in that circled area, I have no intention of expanding it outside of it :p And the tip of the northern continent is a big peninsula (as in, a piece of land surrounded by water on three sides but connected to the mainland) which then can be "divided" into smaller peninsulas. The islands I talk about are small, not really visible on the map (well, they can be seen as those dark dots between the middle and the lower peninsula, but they're hard to see enough to be vague, so I just decided to make them islands). I don't know where your confusion comes from, I just adapted what I can read from the map :p

Also you are aware that northern continent is basically the artics? The tip is more temperate, but most of that zone will be cold as frick. (Not against you putting stuff there, just warning you in case you didn't notice).
Well, I'm not venturing anywhere near the polar zone, more like on the border of temperate and cold climate. But yeaah, I'm aware the north is mostly cold and unwelcoming, that's why I decided to choose it :p

SentaiBrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So far gbanshee and I are just trying to get everything squared away. Our games are going to be interlocking in story and locations. As far as where my region is placed, i had it down a bit more to cover that penisula on the bottom.

The only thing that is going to be odd to work out is our shared World Map, because at a certain point it will be shared when I venture east and the timeline. We have worked out that his game will certainly come before mine. We don't know the year span, but with what we were discusing it can potentially be 300 or more years in between. Enough for certain locations to be vastly different.

Also just wanna say, Arum is such a brilliant idea. Have you ever thought about Arum expanding? Not neceserilly this set world like "oh look at that, suddenly there is a new huge land mass that no one noticed before" ... even though that could be a thing, but expanding between ages like our games will, possibly dealing with more high fantasy elements like world teleporation or even entering in to the alternate world that these rifts have inside of them.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any expansion will ahve to wait for THERE TO BE MORE GAMES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. LESS TALKY IDEAS MORE GAME MAK XD

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll add my country "only" when my game will be completed, I hope it's allowed to do so.

derwhitephantom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
haha indrah that was the funniest comment ive heard in all of the post. but very true. im working on mine still, but wont have demo available for a bit yet. if something changes ill let you guys know

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Westercrest

Creator: Silvestre

Seen in: Trials and Tribulations [Released]

Details:
- A small country in the northwestern continent.
- Cracks in rifts affected the monsters and other less violent creatures in the region.

- Those born in the area have magical affinity.
- A legend about the Cave of Trials is well known to the people of the land.

Explorers often seek the cave for its mysteries, but not many come out of it alive.

Cave of Trials

- A cave located directly close to a crack in the rift, inhabited by strong monsters and mystical creatures alike.
- Legend says the cave holds the Water of Life, capable of curing any disease or curse, if the one seeking it conquers the trials.
---

I am working on a Puzzle+RPG game and would love to create it in the Arum universe.
Great work with your lore and games so far, everyone. I am planning on going through all of them with time, and have played a few already.

Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Weckably :

Creator : Ultim1337Gamer

Seen in : The Quest : Darkblade [in Developement]

Ruled By : Queen Nathalie

Details :

-Weckably's Climate is diversified.Dry and temperate on the North,casual in the West and the South and frequent snow in the East.

-After the defeat of the Dark Lich 4000 years ago,everyone thought that the peace will be eternal.Until now.

-Main Industries are : Crystal in Crystal Coast(East),Bananas in Weckably Oasis(North),Siver in Green Plains(Center) and Farming in

South & West.

-Weckably's capital is Weckably City

-Weckably has an average monster percentage,but thanks to the Knights and Protectors,all the population is safe.

-Weckably is a very rich country thanks to it's numerous resources.

Fact 1 : Weckably is close to Astreia,which means monsters attack the land often.

Fact 2 : Humans represent 70 % of the population,elves and other races represent 20 % and monsters represent 10 %

Location : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrateur/Bureau/RPG%20Maker%20Stuff/WeckablyLocation.png

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added in Westercrest and Corvelia.

@Ultim: that link si of your COMPUTER, not an online one. You need to upload the image to an image site and link that.

Notice: I cleaned out my PMs and starting a clean slate. If anyone needs to be placed/has been overlooked/wants to add or remove countries PM me or respond here.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Ursalia>

Creator: <Palladinthug>

Seen in: <Silver Town: EoI> Currently in Development

Details:

-Ruled by bears

-Recently usurped by Lady Blackthorn

-Matriarchy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always told my DA fans how much I hate slot machines. They're fine in games as a risk-and-reward system. But when you're spending REAL MONEY in a Vegas casino to try and hit the jackpot (which very, very few people will), it can really hurt your budget. Gambling is a bad habit, and I don't like wasting my money on a slim chance. Go to Vegas for the experience, not the jackpot.
Took the kids to a corn maze. They gave us a map and had lights at certain points in the maze. Not overwhelming... or underwhelming... just... whelming.
Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuitonKoton