As a non-artist, is it silly to want to buy soul calibur 6 PURELY as a character concept generator?

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Conflictx3, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Conflictx3

Conflictx3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure theres a bunch of generators out there but they're either far too limited or far too complex.

I plan to outsource artwork for character busts and while rpg makers generator or even the extended generator are AAA top notch with all the free parts online they dont give artists much to go on below the neck

SC6 CAC seems to have more options and races available than most MMO's right out of the box, use the PSN share button for hi-res screenshot and theres 0 learning curve, to be honest I probably wont actually play it for the fighting at all so I'd be dropping $50 on used copy for a dress up sim

Anyone else thinks this is foolishness and offer a better idea or think it's a decent means to an end?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you mean give those to your artists and have them base their work on them, I think you'd be running into copyright issues.

4. Conflictx3

Conflictx3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yeah thats what and meant and i see what you mean, i was thinking of having them use it loosely, like if i give my CAC black skin-tight chain mail and some blue denim jeans, i could show an artist and say "like this but with loose red chainmail and black denim with skulls on it" not an identical 2D redraw, just a concept.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you just give them a pic without having to buy it?