Ascendants: Power Rising (Available on Mobile and PC!) [Both Mobile and PC Version is currently on sale!]

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The PC version is now updated to the latest version!

Mobile version (Google Play): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quelgames.ascendants
PC version (itch.io): https://quelgames.itch.io/ascendants-power-rising

Story:
The long-lost ascendants are back. But what is this? They are an enemy now? They even ascended themselves! Discover what lies beyond this mystery. Collect all the elemental orbs that re-emerged and use them to re-create the Ascension Orb. Your enemies are ascended, it's time that you ascend too.

Here's a 9 minute video that shows the intro.

Game Features:
- Classic RPG with modern mechanics and rich storytelling!
- Explore the vast world of the ascendants!
- Discover secret dungeons, find hidden treasures, and search for Mystic Fruits!
- Travel through the land and the sea! Climb mountains, explore mysterious caves, survive in a jungle, cross a desert, stay cool in scorching lands, and many more!
- Search, Build, Upgrade, and Break Items as you go!
- Trade with NPCs! Use a Teleport Scroll to instantly travel in different places!
- Complete Quests that are filled with adventure, mysteries, and thrilling battles!
- Hunt for monsters that have the ingredients to Craft potions, weapons, and armors!
- Boss Hunting allows you to acquire Runes that can be socketed to your equipments!
- Customize your character in many different ways!
- Set bonus rewards using a complete set of equipment! Each set of equipment have unique Set bonus that provide unique effects!
- Each skills are unique and can be upgraded in 2 types! You will never spam just one powerful skill!

Yanfly - for Plugins and Icons
Akashics - for Monster Battlers
William Ramsey - for the UI
More plugin contributors - SumRndmDde, HimeWorks, Aloe Guvner, Shaz, DreamX, PrimeHover, Mellye

Engine Used: RPG Maker MV

Last edited:

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Congratulations on your game, and at $2, that´s not a bad deal, especially for an 8 month development cycle.

That said, the indie RPG market is heavily over saturated at the moment, or may be forever, so in order to stand out and make real sales, you´ll have to increase either your quality, uniqueness, or find an untapped niche.

If you use that advice, as well as the experience you´ve earned from making this game, your next one can be sold for at least twice the price to at least twice the customers, if not more.

Anyways, good luck on your game deving!

Last edited:

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The game has been updated!
Google Playstore link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quelgames.ascendants

Changelog for Update 3: Rise of the Fallen

NEW Boss Hunt
- new content to battle with previously defeated bosses.
NEW Skill Upgrades
- new content that let's you pick 1 out of 2 types of skill upgrades.
NEW Rune System
- new content that allows you to upgrade equipments. This will make all equipments a viable choice now, specially the low level equips.
Difficulty reduced
- lowered all monsters' defense and hp. And now, all monsters have 50% chance to be extra tanky but rewards extra loots instead!
NEW Battle System
- Turn order is now consistent and AGI is now a relevant stat!
Reworked LUK
- LUK is now added as a bonus damage on critical strikes! And through the new rune system, it is now possible to reach 100% crit. chance!
NEW Health and Mana bars
- now sectioned by 10% for clarity.
NEW Status Menu
- also, you can now switch to other characters without going back.

More changes:
- New UI Look, button sounds, and some ability icons.
- Increased the health/mana restored by all types of potions.
- Doubled the Repellant's duration.
- Escape chance is now 75% and +10% if it fails.
- Added Patch Notes in-game

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed some bugs with the new controller.
- Fixed Bleeding not properly resetting stacks when removed.
- Fixed some quests showing wrong directions.
- Fixed Kiridan flying in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
NEW UPDATE IS OUT!
Google Playstore link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quelgames.ascendants

Here are the major changes in Update 10: Fortune's Favor

- Over 1,000 new items!
- 4 new Equip types! (Marks, Seals, Medallions, Insignias)
- New Dust System! (you can now break items!)
- New Trading System!
- Added 18 New NPCs!
- New stat: Fortune (If it succeeds, LUK will be added as pure damage!)
- New and improved minimap
- (Boss Hunt) Number of Boss Alive is now shown in the menu
- Location is now shown in the menu
- Locked slots are now shown in the equip menu
- Fresh new UI and game icon
- Improved performance and mobile optimization

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi.
It seems that you have done a lot of work with this game. Looks very good, and with a lot to do and see.
Looking a little on the game on itch.io , and my question is when does the (new) PC version coming out? And how long do you estimate the game is? i know it`s hard to say exactly.

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi.
It seems that you have done a lot of work with this game. Looks very good, and with a lot to do and see.
Looking a little on the game on itch.io , and my question is when does the (new) PC version coming out? And how long do you estimate the game is? i know it`s hard to say exactly.
Thanks for the feedback.
The game is mainly focused for mobile. The itch.io or pc version is currently outdated so we removed the link for it in this thread (which makes us wonder: how did you find out about the itch.io?). We stopped updating the PC version as majority of our players are in mobile. However, we're still planning to revive the PC version once we release the new expansion this year.
As for how long the game is, maybe about a week long to infinite because in late game you can sort of go endless mode.

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi. Ok, i really like long good games so it seems great.
Because i just have problem with Steam so i just search on your game and find your game there on Itch.io. Just luck from my side. I must be one of the few that does not play mobile games so i wait for the PC version.

damiendada

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The game looks really cool I love the retro style

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The PC version is now updated to the latest version!

Mobile version (Google Play): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quelgames.ascendants
PC version (updated): https://quelgames.itch.io/ascendants-power-rising

realnew.png

Below is a summary of major changes for PC version:
(Note that these are already in the mobile version too)
- NEW Boss Hunt system!
- NEW Skill Upgrades system!
- NEW Rune System!
- NEW Dust System (you can now break items!)
- NEW Trading System!
- NEW Quest System!
- Added Minimap!
- Added Autobattle option!
- Added 18 New NPCs!
- Over 1,000 new items!
- 4 new Equip types (Marks, Seals, Medallions, Insignias)
- NEW Accessory slots gained at levels 40, 60, and 80.
- NEW stat: Fortune (If it succeeds, LUK will be added as pure damage!)
- Turn order now depends on AGI.
- Reworked Battle System.
- Lowered all monsters' defense and hp. Now monsters have 20% chance to be extra tanky but rewards extra loots!
- New menus, UI look, button sounds, game icon, and some ability icons.
- HP and Mana bars are now sectioned by 10% for clarity.
- Set Bonuses will now appear as a status effect for clarity.
- Reworked Gems and Pearls.
- Reworked some abilities.
- Increased the health/mana restored by all types of potions.
- Doubled the Repellant's duration.
- Escape chance is now 75% and +10% if it fails.
- Buffs/Debuffs can only be stacked twice now.
- Buffs/Debuffs reduced to 15% per stack.
- Nerfed Chlorophyte set bonus to 50%.
- Nerfed all Block chance to 20%
- Renamed some equipments (Adventurers, Travelers, Crusader, Desert Trooper, and Viking)
- Blueprints are now in treasure chests instead
- Max save slots increased to 13.
- Patch origin is now shown in the save menu.
- You can now switch to other characters while in Equipments menu, Status menu, and Skills menu.
- Your character's current location is now shown in the menu.
- Added Status Effects in the 'Status' menu.
- Added more toggles in the options menu.
- Added quick guide for Rise of the Fallen in the help menu.
- Updated the credits at the end of the game and the title screen.
- Added Patch Notes.
- Increased Kiridan's speed when flying.
- Fixed Kiridan flying in the opposite direction.
- Fixed Bleeding not properly resetting stacks when removed.
- Fixed some quests showing wrong directions.
- Fixed a bug that allowed walking in cliffs at Yombo Falls.
- Fixed Soul Rip animation.
- Fixed a bug that makes Reo's defense setting to 1 at level 77.
- Fixed a bug that makes the Ascendants' stats setting to 1 in the final boss battle.

Last edited:

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just resumed my playthrough from yesterday (latest PC version), but now, after having received the quest to find the Orb of Lightning, the mini map doesn't work for me anymore. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? While I don't really need the mini map, it's a nice addition to check for any unopened treasure chests.

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just resumed my playthrough from yesterday (latest PC version), but now, after having received the quest to find the Orb of Lightning, the mini map doesn't work for me anymore. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? While I don't really need the mini map, it's a nice addition to check for any unopened treasure chests.
If it doesn't work, it's definitely a bug as the minimap must always be available. I'll check that out. I'll push a patch once I get it fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

UPDATE: The bug is fixed. A new version is now available.
Please update the game to the latest version (redownload from Itch.io).

Last edited:

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks, the mini map works again. :)

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just completed the game. Here are the (potential) bugs that I noticed during my playthrough:

- Probably caused by the last update: All treasure chests on the mini map are shown as opened from the beginning.

- The party can't be healed at a shrine when all party members have full HP, which is annoying when the player mainly wants to replenish the party members' MP (especially when the party members don't have enough MP to effectively fight bosses, but are too overpowered to take damage from mob monsters). Sometimes another level-up is the only convenient way left to be eligible for another healing. Later, I saved the lesser Mystic Fruits just in order to easily receive healings.

- Lira's elemental Volley skills target all enemies (like her normal Volley skill), not only one enemy as falsely stated in the skill's description.

- It's never clear how/when Reo's Battle Fury skill can be stacked, and I couldn't manage to stack it at all during the later parts of the game (might be related to the Ixania equipment and/or the last update).

- There's an annoying bug because of which a party member's action (requiring waiting time) isn't executed (i.e. the turn/action is skipped entirely, although cooldown is still applied) if said action overlaps with the execution of another party member's action (not requiring waiting time). In my party setup, this meant for a long time that Lira's first turn skill (after having used a quick skill) is skipped because it overlaps with Reo's first turn skill (after having used a quick skill). This bug can be mostly avoided (during the first turn), though, by ensuring that there's a large enough difference between the party members' agility stats. Also, item usage and normal attacks aren't skipped as opposed to skill usage.

- Vilera in Kungur Jungle always attacks the same party members (Silence against Lira, Vile Attack against Reo).

- The equipment trade system could use some work. I was never able to trade for equipment that would significantly boost my party members' stats, because the respective dusts weren't available yet, and when they were, I already got the shop equipment, which was by far better. Only Yombo Village's dragon slayer party's equipment would have been worth trading for late-game. As to why I didn't bother to obtain at least one of these equipment sets...

- It seems the Icarus Hammer can't be used to break equipment pieces (might or might not be intentional), making it much more tedious to obtain late-game equipment like that from Yombo Village's dragon slayer party, especially considering that there's literally only the final boss fight left after obtaining the Icarus Hammer.

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just completed the game. Here are the (potential) bugs that I noticed during my playthrough:

- Probably caused by the last update: All treasure chests on the mini map are shown as opened from the beginning.

- The party can't be healed at a shrine when all party members have full HP, which is annoying when the player mainly wants to replenish the party members' MP (especially when the party members don't have enough MP to effectively fight bosses, but are too overpowered to take damage from mob monsters). Sometimes another level-up is the only convenient way left to be eligible for another healing. Later, I saved the lesser Mystic Fruits just in order to easily receive healings.

- Lira's elemental Volley skills target all enemies (like her normal Volley skill), not only one enemy as falsely stated in the skill's description.

- It's never clear how/when Reo's Battle Fury skill can be stacked, and I couldn't manage to stack it at all during the later parts of the game (might be related to the Ixania equipment and/or the last update).

- There's an annoying bug because of which a party member's action (requiring waiting time) isn't executed (i.e. the turn/action is skipped entirely, although cooldown is still applied) if said action overlaps with the execution of another party member's action (not requiring waiting time). In my party setup, this meant for a long time that Lira's first turn skill (after having used a quick skill) is skipped because it overlaps with Reo's first turn skill (after having used a quick skill). This bug can be mostly avoided (during the first turn), though, by ensuring that there's a large enough difference between the party members' agility stats. Also, item usage and normal attacks aren't skipped as opposed to skill usage.

- Vilera in Kungur Jungle always attacks the same party members (Silence against Lira, Vile Attack against Reo).

- The equipment trade system could use some work. I was never able to trade for equipment that would significantly boost my party members' stats, because the respective dusts weren't available yet, and when they were, I already got the shop equipment, which was by far better. Only Yombo Village's dragon slayer party's equipment would have been worth trading for late-game. As to why I didn't bother to obtain at least one of these equipment sets...

- It seems the Icarus Hammer can't be used to break equipment pieces (might or might not be intentional), making it much more tedious to obtain late-game equipment like that from Yombo Village's dragon slayer party, especially considering that there's literally only the final boss fight left after obtaining the Icarus Hammer.
Thank you for your feedback, Euphoniac. I'm glad to see that you've completed the game.

- The treasure chests actually don't have unopened/opened indicator in the minimap. They all have the same indicator. Although, having one will be a nice feature.
- I agree that you should be able to recover at a shrine even at full health. Have you tried using the Big Potions? They're the most convenient way to recover health/mana outside battle without the needs to go to a shrine.
- Upon checking, it looks like there was a typo error in Lira's unupgraded volleys. Thanks for letting us know about this.
- The info how you can stack Reo's Battle Fury is on the state description. If you have the buff, you can check it out by going to the "Status" menu while in/out of battle. We can't really find a way to put it in the ability description as it is a lengthy one.
- We'll check the issue regarding turn/action skipping. Thanks for letting us know about this.
- I've double-checked Vilera's AI and it's working as intended. Although I understand it might seem like she's attacking same targets everytime.
- The equipment trade system is actually designed to allow early level sets to be as powerful in all levels (specially late-game ones). In fact, the level 1 set can actually equal the late-game set that you've mentioned (Dragon Slayer party's equipment). They are actually made for Boss Hunting and customizing. As for the shop equipments being better, this is not true as shop equipments can't be socketed with Runes. Although I understand you can now easily clear all levels by just using shop equipments as we nerfed all the monsters. This wasn't the case before the nerf, you will have a hard time beating each level if you're only using shop equipments but a lot players from the mobile version were saying that the game is too hard so we ended up nerfing all monsters. We've instead made bosses to be the hard/challenging ones that require specific item customizations through runes, different builds, etc.
- The Icarus Hammer is indeed intended to not break equipments. Instead, it can break Gems and Pearls. Have you found one of them? They are scattered in the Alcuba desert.

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's the last week of the Summer Sale! To match the current sale on PC version, the mobile version is now also on sale! Both sale will end after 1 week.
PC version (itch.io): https://quelgames.itch.io/ascendants-power-rising

I would also like to announce that a NEW game is coming this July!
It will be related to this game and will be available on both Android and PC as well.
The new game's main character includes Reo's parents, Dio and Rin! So the setting is in the past.
Stay tuned for the upcoming trailer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
I know it's such a small thing, but I love when games let you interact with everything. Like pressing A on some papers on the floor pops up dialogue, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belatarrx