Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A few other things...

When you try to fish at the fishing spot in the forest, the event loops and you get trapped there. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to use any of the fishing items.

Trying to look at my equipment (pressing S) when using Rikuto's desk crashes the game.
Screenshot (454).png

You can activate shops while looking at your inventory.
Screenshot (453).png
Screenshot (452).png

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
None of that should happen. Something I'm going to have to look at again. Never happened when I tested it.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I used my old saves, would it be better to start a new game?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That could be it. I always tested with a new game.

EDIT: Never mind. Most of that stuff started happening. I don't know how it got overlooked...

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When you beat the maid and the demo ends, you turn into a shadow person if you continue looking
around. The doll boss becomes unreasonably difficult if you end up fighting her with certain characters. I beat her without much trouble with Shun, but I couldn't outdo her healing with Rikuto (or maybe Unknown? IDK that playtest was a month ago).
Screenshot (506).png

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting. The shadow person thing was intentional, but I never got any complaints about the priestess fight.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update! Version 2.0 is now out. Enjoy!

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so question for those who have played my game. Would people prefer me to make an updated demo with some story changes and bugfixes or just plough ahead to work on the full game?

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so question for those who have played my game. Would people prefer me to make an updated demo with some story changes and bugfixes or just plough ahead to work on the full game?
If it's close to being done, the full game.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm actually completely revamping the story, so not really, LOL.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Demo version 2.0 now available! https://hexmozart88.itch.io/ascension-day

This is a HUGE shift from what I've put out before. I hope you enjoy what I've got so far. Let me know if there are still problems with tileset stuff. I recently changed a lot of the maps and it's been messing everything up.

Hadria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo version 2.0 now available! https://hexmozart88.itch.io/ascension-day

This is a HUGE shift from what I've put out before. I hope you enjoy what I've got so far. Let me know if there are still problems with tileset stuff. I recently changed a lot of the maps and it's been messing everything up.

Congrats on the new demo release, I will keep this thread around my watch list for when I have some time to give it a try. :kaoluv:

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll try the new demo this week, excited to see what's changed! My demo changed a massive amount, I would love your feedback again!

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK. So, for the 5 people who are actually playing my game (@cthulhusquid I'm talking about you), I'm releasing the 2.2 build this weekend. In this build, I've tested out a quest system. It's very basic (just a text box that gives you a hint when you press Esc/B), but I've tried it out for basically everything the player has to do in the castle. Hopefully people can get more of an idea of where to go. I also completely changed the intro cutscene for Yuutsu. The same thing happens, but you get to play some of it now. Aside from that, as far as I know, there are no more ways to get stuck. This will be released once the game compresses.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey people, I'm thinking of trying some things with my demo, such as making the party members more distanced behind the player. However, this means that it may be a while before I release a new build. Are people OK with me taking a bit longer to fix some (long complained about) graphical issues or would you prefer a new build sooner?

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tried the demo out (up to the point where I suddenly died, so I didn't get too far). The art style certainly is unique and the music sets the mood nicely. Writing seems good, but maybe the story kind of jumps too fast at times.

Here are some comments I wrote down:

-there were a lot of objects in the castle that you could walk through
-also multiple spots where you could walk through the railings from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor or from the main stairs to the 1st floor

-the bottom part of the letter 'g' was cut off in the message boxes
-when the blue haired lady talked to me for the first time "...there's been an accident", that letter S went partly outside the message box borders

-in the beginning there were 2 sparkly tiles on the main character room's floor, but interacting with them did nothing (they just vanished?)
-after talking to the maid, the maid sprite just took steps left and right and then vanished
-when controlling the black faceless sprite, the main character's sprite flashed briefly at the beginning of that scene + also the tip of the stepping sprite's black foot was visible also on the black character's idle sprite
-when waking up after the bloody hand scene, there is a scene where Shun is talking a lot, but Shun's sprite isn't in the room with you?

-the inventory screen was somewhat glitched (at least when using a keyboard)
*if you pressed arrow keys fast, the menu movement froze randomly for some time
*pressing the 'd'-key when on item screen, brought up the menu screen on top of the inventory screen and they started flashing
*you have to press the 'esc'-key to return from the menus, but that was also the game hint key and displayed the hint message repeatedly
*there was a 1 or 2 times when the menu glitched so that it didn't register pressing the 'esc'-key to get out of it and so I couldn't continue

-when loading the game it took you to the menu screen instead of the gameplay screen (maybe intentional?)
-also on the loading screen the character sprite graphic cut off at the head level

And finally: after all the drama in the castle I moved out of the castle through the town. Met some elf-boy, went to the beach, but couldn't use the boat? Then I couldn't figure out where to go, went back to the castle and was suddenly assassinated to a game over screen without warning. That wasn't cool :D I hadn't save in some time, so didn't feel like continuing.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, that's a lot. I have no idea why you couldn't use the boat, but I have a feeling it's because you interacted with the boat and not the dock.

EDIT: While I'm here, to some of the other stuff you said

- Yeah, the passability has been a huge issue for me for this entire game dev cycle.
- The two lights in Rikuto's room are supposed to turn the lights on and off, but if your sanity is low (you can tell by the effects on the screen), then they won't do anything.
- I don't really care about the black faceless sprite since that's a placeholder, but thanks for the feedback
- The menu is another thing I can't figure out for the life of me. The item menu is meant to be slow because otherwise if you hold the button it will go right to the end, LOL. As far as the flashing menu, Ace's button system is absolute garbage, so there will be a lot of glitches with anything I've evented simply because of how bad the buttons are, but yeah. I think I have an idea of how to fix that specific problem, so I'll get back to you with an update whenever I decide to go back to it.
- Actually now that I think about it, I think I set up that cutscene too soon, so you may have gone to the beach before you were even allowed to, LOL.

EDIT 2: Fixed the cutscene issue. Sorry about that, I didn't notice that because I was playing from a save so I was at that point. Going to fix the rest when I have time and then get back to you with a fresh demo.

EDIT 3: I fixed most of the issues, but I'd still like to fix some of the passability and other graphical stuff, so it may be a couple of days. Also, I was thinking since my game is so large, and my demo is getting pretty big too, I could probably release the game in chapters instead of the whole dang thing. That way, it'll be cheaper and I get to devote all of my time into making each chapter the best it can be rather than rushing to release a demo every few months. Tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if anyone would be interested in free character art from me...
I remade/fixed my Elf XP Mack Templates. The Ears are looking better now.
Male Update.pngFemale Update.png
You can check them out, they are in 12 recolours, both Human and Elf Versions!
I'M BACK BABEY!!!
College is hitting me a lil' softer than I expected, so I'm back on MV!
And to kick things off, here's a lil' test of a tileset edit I made today! (Took me, like, 5 hours, considering this was the first time I've EVER used GraphicsGale...)Edit test SUCCESS.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MouthyStream4