RMVXA Ascension Day

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by HexMozart88, Mar 11, 2018.

1. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    ascension day logo.png

DISCLAIMER: THIS GAME INCLUDES RELIGIOUS ELEMENTS AS WELL AS GORE AND VIOLENCE (Most extreme brutality is censored, however).

Now that that's been established, welcome to my game.

This game takes place in an alternate universe, in a Japan-influenced UK. The three main islands are Ohanami: the human island, Mazoku: the elf island, and Kemono: the island of beasts.

Within the castle of Ohanami, strange occurrences have been happening for years. Now, however, the court is experiencing the most frightening of all. They have begun to die off, with no sign of injury or illness. They then become horrible, soulless dolls with an empty eyes and dangerous tendencies. Who created them and why is unknown, but feelings of fear and anger have gradually begun to rise among the castle's inhabitants.

These issues have occurred shortly after the deaths of King Hokori and Queen Okame, which brings the suspicions onto their only son and current king, Rikuto. An eccentric and non-traditional child, he is seemingly despised by all except for his lead servant and only friend, Shun. However, even Shun has begun to act rather suspiciously and has closed himself off more than usual.

When Rikuto decides to escape the horrors of the castle, more bizarre circumstances are introduced through the encounters of mysterious foreigners with their own stories to tell. He then begins to realize the true nature of his castle’s “curse”.
    rikuto bio.png
    shun bio.png
    unknown bio.png
    kumiko bio.png
    yuutsu bio.png
    Screenshot (105).png
    Rikuto decides to vent to random strangers.

Screenshot (123).png
    Exploring the town. The people don't seem very happy to see Rikuto, though.
    Screenshot (115).png
    Time to catch some fish (and dragons)!

Screenshot (145).png
    Burning unit made by Kumiko.
    Screenshot (113).png
    Whose Ascension is next?

FEATURES

- tower-defense battle system where each character has their own unique role and the environment is important
    - sanity meter that adds a degree of suspense and frees the player for their own decisions
    - custom mood-setting graphics and music
    - many places are open for exploration

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    Q: Why are your characters all so pale?
    A: They actually are not. The shade of gray on their skin dictates what skin colour they are. For example, Shun has a warmer gray to indicate that he is Asian. I decided to do this instead of colouring them normally because I wanted to give off a doll-like quality to them.

Q: How do you come up with these ideas?
    A: They kind of come on their own, but it's usually draining whenever I have a flood of ideas.

Q: What's with the names?
    A: The names all have some sort of meaning that is relevant to their character. For example, Yuutsu means "melancholy".

CREDITS
    Yanfly
    Moghunter
    Himeworks
    SeerUK
    OriginalWij
    Celianna
    Ayene-chan
    GoodSelf
    Marsigne
    KayZaman
    Arisa
    DestinyBattle
    I_Has_Popcorn
    Enterbrain
    Degica
    Kadokawa

carrion quote.png
    (Original image by I_Has_Popcorn)​

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yey! It's finally here! :kaojoy::kaojoy::kaojoy:

starlight dream and HexMozart88 like this.
  4. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow, this looks cool! I would like to see a demo for it for sure! Also, the map sprites for your characters look a little too large. I mean, is he really as tall as the wall? xD

starlight dream likes this.
  5. HexMozart88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Thomas Smith Nah, I think I just made that particular room too small. XD My more recent maps are larger in scale, so I gotta upscale the rest of them at some point.

starlight dream and Nightblade50 like this.
  6. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay, great :D

7. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yay! Glad to see your game post up! It sounds like much fun and mysterious content so far.
    I like Yuutsu's image a lot (with the bruises... has he been stealing recently? ;)) Love your sprite too, and the shop menu!

Keep up the creative work and I'm looking forward to your progress!! :)

HexMozart88 likes this.
  8. HexMozart88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Little bit of update as to what I've been working on. Firstly, I fixed the size of the maps, for the most part. I also managed to get my screenshot saver updated, so now I can post some more screenshots. Currently, I'm working on the shop, trying to make it as interesting and lively as possible. I've added some "free samples" so that the player can test items before buying them.

Screenshot (90).png
    Don't mind the creepy guys at the bottom. My NPCs seem to be forming a cult by the doorway (not really, though, my game isn't that dark). But yes, this is my potion shop. In the centre is an unidentified potion being brewed. And if you approach the counter, you can buy other, identified potions.
    This map was made entirely with XP tiles.
    Conversation system, so you can finally see what Yuutsu's dad looks like (didn't have a graphic for him before).
    Screenshot (91).png
    Yeah, I know, Yuutsu looks like an ant compared to his dad. Yes, he actually is that short.

And, in the event that this game gets any support (unlikely), here's the big obnoxious banner to put in your signature (tried to make it smaller, but it looked kind of weird).
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  9. HexMozart88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here. Update time!
    I kind of revamped the opening post to include more relevant images (and more features that are actually in the game). The battle system has been implemented and is playable at long last (an image of it is included in the first post). I'll be calling upon my playtesters to help me get it as good as it can be in the next while, and hopefully I'll have a public demo ready for the rest of you this year.

KayZaman likes this.