Ask any question regarding - Chrono Engine (Moghunter)

Your Favorite JRPG of all time?

• Final Fantasy 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suikoden 2

• Earthbound

• Secret of Mana

• Zelda

• Total voters

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ask Away or post detailed help and tips regarding MOG.ChronoEngine

Kitty_Rika

Your friendly neighborhood neko
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to change the battle music during battles to something different. I already have the file and everything ready; where's the option to change the battle music?

Thanks for your help <3

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to change the battle music during battles to something different. I already have the file and everything ready; where's the option to change the battle music?

Thanks for your help <3
@Kitty_Rika
One battle theme:
Head to the; Database->System->In the Music Field double-click, Battle->find your tune!

Or

Multiple battle themes:
(Method requires event sensor and switch to trigger battle)

Change the battle music on the actual enemy event.
Double-click the enemy->In the events contents Double-click->Click tab 3->In System Settings find Change Battle BGM->Select what tune you want this enemy to have during battle!

Last edited:

Kitty_Rika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kitty_Rika
Head to the; Database->System->In the Music Field double-click, Battle->find your tune!

If you would like to have multiple variations of battle music:
Specific Battle BGM to what map your on. You can do this by right clicking which map your on and set the battle music that way.

Or

You could also change the battle music on the actual enemy event.
Double-click the enemy->In the events contents Double-click->Click tab 3->In System Settings find Change Battle BGM->Select what tune you want this enemy to have during battle!
Thank you! However, I tried the second and third methods already and neither of them worked. I do want to have different battle themes though..

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! However, I tried the second and third methods already and neither of them worked. I do want to have different battle themes though..
Sorry I forgot Im using event sensor to trigger battles along side a switch.

I just tried adding "Change Battle BGM" to an enemy event and it works perfectly.

Complex Method Using Event Sensor (changes battle BGM per enemy event):
Double-click Enemy Event:
In the first tab, the Event sensor comment "event sensor : 1" (This triggers self switch "D" when 1 space away from player)
1.JPG

In the Second tab (on when Self switch D is on), I put control switch to turn on trigger "battle with said enemy"
2.JPG

In the Third tab _on when Battle switch is turn on), add enemy comment on and also the the "change battle BGS".
3.JPG

That is the way I go about having different battle music for different enemies.

Simple Method (changes battle BGM by what map your on):
First create a event in a location which is out of bounds to the hero.
Turn to Parallel Process. In the contents add; "Change Battle BGS" + Erase Event.
4.JPG
Repeat this process on different maps to go different Battle music depending on what map your on.

Last edited:

Kitty_Rika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
holy crud, that's actually insanely helpful! I already figured out how to do the simple method, but that more complex method will be really useful because I want to make things happen when the player gets close to the enemy, but never figured out how to do that. Thank you so, so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!
Excited to be nearing the end of setting up my own custom Point-And-Click system template! Just need to iron out some kinks, get an input text system going, add animations to buttons, and then finalize my button-mashing event system and it'll be complete >:3c
AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuyetky01