Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made custom sprites for my project, however I don't know how to assemble them on the MV Sprite Sheets. Would somebody mind helping me? (There is one for battle sprites and one for overworld sprites).

noah4.png

noah3.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
all sprite formats are described in the help file, and you can check them on the character generator and on the existing examples as well.

Basically any moving sprite on the map is 3x4 elements, and a spritesheet can have either one (3x4) or eight ((4x2)x(3x4) or total 12x8) sprites on it.

The battlesheets are fixed by action pose, with each pose consisting of 3 animation frames as well - 3x6 poses for 9x6 elements

The size of a single element doesn't mater as long as each of the elements is of the same size and the sheets contain the correct number of elements.

So if you want to make sprites of 48x96 (instead of the default 48x48 pixels), then the spritesheet need to have double the height.

No, where exactly is your problem in making spritesheets? to give more detailed help, we need to know where exactly your problem is.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I am having trouble understanding which sprites go where on the battle sprite sheet,

2. I am having trouble aligning them precisely.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Just take an existing sprite sheet, and remplace the sprites.

Photoshop draw purple lignes when you're aligned.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just take an existing sprite sheet, and remplace the sprites.

Photoshop draw purple lignes when you're aligned.

But I don't have Photoshop nor do I have any editing software like it. That was why I asked for assistance in this task.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Download Gimp. It's basically a free photoshop.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I am having trouble understanding which sprites go where on the battle sprite sheet,

2. I am having trouble aligning them precisely.

1) open RMMV, press F1 for help, then scroll down to asset standards - sideview characters.

That describes what to place where

2) you need a software that contains grid options (like GIMP or Photoshop) and then draw/move them precisely to the same positions inside the grid.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.
There's a different game over screen for each of the 4 endings in Forest Star (my Touch the Stars game jam entry). Have you seen this one? :wink:
PartyGameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinokami