Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I'm making a fishing game, ideally I want there to be weights for every fish you catch.

This event of the fishing game gives you the result of which fish you catch.

Ideally this event has one conditional branch for each fish you could receive, but that would spiral out of control if I had to account for different weights.

So I guess what I would like, is a way for each fish (item in your inventory) to be assigned different weights via a variable that assigns the item a number, that'd show in the items name, so if I fish up two guppies, in the inventory it'd show as

Guppy l Weight: 1KG
Guppy l Weight: 1.3KG
Guppy l Weight: 1.75KG

Without me having to make X number of the same item repeatedly for each individual weight

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's 3 guppies instead of 2 :D

but to your issue.

I have a way in mind, but it probably wont do by eventing alone.
because you need something like a item Druplicator.

if you want weight on like Guppy 1 Weight \v[4],
if it's NOT equal to weight, than duplicate the item in a new slot,
otherwise, stack it.

this require a plugin, but if you dont want a plugin, you need to add
different items with a fixed weight.

controlling by 1 variable for it's weight (or self variables probably safer),
to stack/duplicate the item.

I got something in mind, but I got no idea how to duplicate the item,
because I', still a beginner in js, there might be other ways, but it depends
on the methode and amount of different fishes you have probably.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'd likely need a plugin.
(YFs item core comes to mind)
You'd also need a bit of scripting know how to put the weight data on each fish item.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
if you just need a flavor text, just make random number for the weight for every catch. there exist no item multiple instance in rpg maker mv. so you have to manually create all those fish weight in the database.

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you just need a flavor text, just make random number for the weight for every catch. there exist no item multiple instance in rpg maker mv. so you have to manually create all those fish weight in the database.

This wouldn't work, I'd need the weights to be available to see in inventory once you got them, then I want NPC's to ask if you have managed to catch a fish of certain weight

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd need the weights to be available to see in inventory once you got them
thats exactly what a flavor text is.
base engine: you would need to make a separate item for each weight.

plugin: (never used independent items myself) yanfly item core comes to mind for its independent items.
items i believe the only thing you can randomize is the price and info display. im not sure how the info eval works out for random variable in the info though, it might be different for each of the same item or it might just overwrite all of them when pick up a new 1.
either way there's no way to event condition check the info number after the variable gets changed with the next catch. and condition checks wont even pay any attention to the variance.
this is sounding like it will be 1 of those "what is something sounds simple but ended up being a nightmare" things

Last edited:

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the info eval will still just be entirely cosmetic though. a condition check will just take any guppy not a guppy with flavor text "weight = X"
you would have to make a different item in the database for each weight for these condition checks.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ApeXKitsune