System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening everyone!

I've been using RPGMaker for a short while now, and I've hit a plugin problem that I can't wrap my head around. Casper Gaming only has social media contacts on his site, so I'm hoping someone here can help me!

I have a whole load of plugins installed, but many of them are turned off. (Just as an FYI, all the plugins which are paid versions are legitimately paid for, so they're all up to date AFAIK).

I know the volume of plugins will drive a lot of the vets mad, and there'll be an obvious conflict that I'm missing, but that's why I'm asking you guys for help! I have switched off and toggled various ones, and I cannot find out what the issue is.

VERSION: RPG MV v1.62
PLUGIN: CGMV_Toast in conjunction with CGMV_Achievements
ISSUE: I'm using the achievement plugin to manually track an achievement, which is a simple event in a map that calls the achievement plugin command to unlock. (The achievement is for reaching a certain town for the first time). The achievement unlocks just fine, but the toast only pops when I open the in-game menu instead of when the event runs on the field map, and despite the patch notes for the Toast plugin, the sound still only comes out of the right hand speakers. The plugin options are set up correctly, activated etc. I just don't understand why the toast only pops when I open the menu!

Here's the related event contents:

[Plugin Command] CGMVAchievements EarnID 27
Control Self Switch : A = On

(Page 2 of the plugin is set to Self Switch A, and is just blank. It's an autorun event. I've tried it as a parallel event with and without the self switch, and it works exactly the same)

OK, here's the bit where the vets get mad at my massive plugin list :D

Please let me know if you need any more information. I haven't edited the Javascript of any of the plugins at all.

OTHER PLUGINS:

Plugin List.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the author has provided social media contacts, you could contact them on social media.

Why have you set page 2 to autorun or parallel process if there's nothing on it? At best, it's going to use processing resources when it's got nothing to do, and at worst it's going to cause your game to freeze.

What is the Toast plugin meant to do?

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is 2 separate issues. The sound effect bug is from the achievements plugin, even though this sound issue was fixed in the toast window plugin it seems it was not fixed in the achievements plugin. I can release a fix for that.

As for your other issue, there is likely some conflict with another plugin that prevents the windows from being created in the map scene as the toast windows from achievements do show up in my test project on the map scene. You will need to figure out which plugin is causing the conflict before anyone can help you with that.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your responses!

If the author has provided social media contacts, you could contact them on social media.

Why have you set page 2 to autorun or parallel process if there's nothing on it? At best, it's going to use processing resources when it's got nothing to do, and at worst it's going to cause your game to freeze.

What is the Toast plugin meant to do?
Hi Shaz. Thank you for approving my post

I don't use social media, at all. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my post. It would have made more sense!

For clarification, I mean the event in general I've tried using both parallel and autorun. Not just page 2. The reason the second page is there is the same as for when you open a chest - so you can only do it once.

The toast plugin is meant to display a popup message box on screen.

This is 2 separate issues. The sound effect bug is from the achievements plugin, even though this sound issue was fixed in the toast window plugin it seems it was not fixed in the achievements plugin. I can release a fix for that.

As for your other issue, there is likely some conflict with another plugin that prevents the windows from being created in the map scene as the toast windows from achievements do show up in my test project on the map scene. You will need to figure out which plugin is causing the conflict before anyone can help you with that.

Thank you so much for coming on here to assist. I really appreciate it. Fantastic plugins by the way, absolutely great work and exactly what I was looking for!

Understood with the sounds bug. Thank you very much!

Yes, I've been through the plugins and turned off all of the ones which affect menus and text boxes or change anything to do with what happens on screen. No dice. It's been driving me nuts for two days

I'll keep at it, and go through all the plugins again, turning them on one by one. If I find out what the conflict is I'll post it here to help anyone with a similar issue.

Just a quickie if you don't mind - is there a way to have the achievement tracker auto track kills in the same way it does battles won? I'd like to have a set of achievements for reaching kill counts, but I don't know how - or if - the MV engine tracks them.

Thanks so much for your help everyone!

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@C64_Mat The achievement plugin is not set up to handle automatic tracking of kills, even if MV did track that which I don't think it does. You could maybe add the amount of kills to a variable at the end of each battle, and then track the variable as a possible alternative solution.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@C64_Mat The achievement plugin is not set up to handle automatic tracking of kills, even if MV did track that which I don't think it does. You could maybe add the amount of kills to a variable at the end of each battle, and then track the variable as a possible alternative solution.
Don't know why I didn't just think of that to be honest. Seems so obvious. Thank you so much once again, and thank you for an amazing set of plugins.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've located and fixed the issue! :D

The Toast plugin conflicts with Galv_MessageBackground, of all things.

The solution? Put the Galv plugin beneath the Toast plugin, and they both work as intended.

Just tagging the plugin creators as a quick FYI about the conflict in case they want to update documentation:
@casper667 @Galv

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@C64_Mat Glad to hear you got the conflict identified and fixed. I updated the achievements plugin on my website with the fix for the sound issue, you will need to redownload it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@C64_Mat , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Just report your post if your issues are now resolved, and we'll close it.

edit:

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my new Discord Server up & Running! I'm still improving it as much as I can, & I'm open for any Suggestions!
I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ziffle