wwv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, comrades.

I am using KageDesu's Real-time action combat system (Alpha ABS) plugin. I am unable to make this compatible with Yanfly's weapon unleash plugin. I receive the bug report below every time:

1606860857594.png
1606860984347.png
Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if that is the only 2 plugins, where is YEP_EngineCore?
if you have more plugins, where are teh rest of those?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I receive the bug report below every time:
when did you receive that message, what did you do directly before it?
does this happen on new game or on continue game or both?

wwv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there fellas,

This error occurs on new and continued games.

I'm testing this out with only three plugins installed:
1606937928520.png

but the bug report still shows every time. I have all of the base functions of ABS setup correctly.
1606937990592.png

And yanfly's weapon unleash is setup as well with a certain weapon:

1606938022055.png

Thoughts?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"of undefined" means that some data that is required was not created.
causes for this are often continuing a game before the plugin was added (a lot of data is only generated on new game for plugins), or if plugins are incompatible to each other, or if they are missing configuration or database entries.

My first suggestion would be to test in two new projects if you can get the plugins to work alone, without the other ones (yanflies in one project, the ABS in the other). That will show you if you're missing any configuration or database settings.

If they work alone but not together, then the next step would be to try to change the order around as that can fix several possible incompatibilities.

If the plugins work alone but not together, the next stop would be to ask someone for a compatibility patch. But that would most likely require some payment as that is not easy....

Reactions: wwv

wwv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"of undefined" means that some data that is required was not created.
causes for this are often continuing a game before the plugin was added (a lot of data is only generated on new game for plugins), or if plugins are incompatible to each other, or if they are missing configuration or database entries.

My first suggestion would be to test in two new projects if you can get the plugins to work alone, without the other ones (yanflies in one project, the ABS in the other). That will show you if you're missing any configuration or database settings.

If they work alone but not together, then the next step would be to try to change the order around as that can fix several possible incompatibilities.

If the plugins work alone but not together, the next stop would be to ask someone for a compatibility patch. But that would most likely require some payment as that is not easy....
Hey there!

I have unfortunately attempted all of the above except asking for a compatibility patch at this point. Is there a special forum on here for that or are there any specific contacts I could reach out to for a patch? Making Kagedesu's ABS and Yanfly's WeaponUnleash plugins fully compatible is very important to me with what I am attempting to accomplish with RPGMV, so I would be willing to pay if a patch was made for these two plugins since I have attempted to test brand new games with just these two plugins for almost 3-5 months now with no success.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a special forum on here for that or are there any specific contacts I could reach out to for a patch?
no, you can either ask for it in plugin requests (which is for free requests) or in the classified requess (if you're willing to pay something for the patch).
In both cases you'll have to wait for someone who either knows both plugins or is willing to spend a few weeks analysing them - which is where payment might help to find someone.

the third alternative would be to ditch yanfly's plugin and ask for a different plugin that has the same features but is compatible with the ABS. Depending on the details of what you want this would probably have to be paid as well but might be easier than a compatibility patch.

Reactions: wwv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tealearl