LuLingqi1

A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't really like any of them. However I do really appreciate the ones that have a lot of fauna that take up a whole tile rather than get inserted into a tile. I saw one a while ago that came with enemy sprites, which I thought was cool.

I prefer things that aren't in RMMV already. I enjoy furniture, or things to spruce up walls. I saw one that had really nice bushes as well. They had flowers and stuff. OH AND ANYTHING WITH A STATUE THAT TAKES UP MORE THAN A 2x2 AREA OF SPACE.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is not the correct forum for this discussion.  'General Discussion' is about principles of game making.  This, however, is about asset creation, for which there is a specific thread.  So

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Soulnet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not about just about how many there is in a pack but also how many you think you can use in your own game. If I see there is only 3 / 4 things i'd use and it's $50 for the pack then i'd think twice. If I were to see 600 of the 2500 then yes the price would be ok.

What if you split the pack up? Would you sell more copies with more specific themes vs a tile for everyone pack?

I don't know the answer but thought i'd give some food for thought.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Crowndemon, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

The plus sign is a multiquote feature you can use when you want to quote more than one person.

I'm with Shaz, for a nice full set of tiles $30-$40 seems reasonable. But to pay that, I'd have to really, really like the style, otherwise, I'd wait until there was a good sale.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The answers above give most of the points I would have given, but there are some aspects that are not yet mentioned:

There are basically two groups of customers with very different outlooks: commercial and non-commercial developers.

The RM commuinity has a very high number of non-commercial developers, that is people who develop games for fun without ever expecting them to sell. Those people can't pay much, and the store is priced for them - which is one reason why the store products are limited to use in RM, the same products cost a lot more if you purchase the non-RM licence on gamedevfort.

A commercial developer however focuses on two other aspects - exclusivity and what he really needs. Exclusivity costs a lot more (a full basic tileset which is a lot smaller than your pack is considered to be worth several thousand dollars as an exclusive commission), but because of that prices no commercial developer will purchase more than absolutely neccessary. Which means that he will not be interested in your large setunless it's a distinctly different style (look at PVGames packs in the shop, they've split the resources into different themed packs that you're trying to sell as one pack)

And that is what you might consider as well: break your resources into several smaller packages so that people could pick what they really need. As said above, people tend to look at the worth of a pack based on what they can use from it, and don't want to pay for resources that they won't use anyway. That is one of the reasons why a lot of the shop packs are "incomplete" as you call them - they're themed to be used in specific kinds of games to make them smaller as that will reduce the overal price and finds more people buying them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RikuTales